F Trail UPDATED!!!! PICTURES!!!!!

Big Reg

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man,

You guys get'r done.

With the cold weather and snow :woot:, it must be getting harder to work out there.

Thanks for all your work on the F trail.

Hilarious ! Those of us in the "south" get all excited when we go out with a 16" chain saw and a pair of Loppers.

These guys don't leave home without a muti-ton Hi-Hoe and a D8. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

South of _______? , We're all weenies ! :-D

We made some Big progress yesterday on the trail, the 24 Inch Culvert is in and we did did more brushing with the Dozer for about 1.5 kms more passed that hole. next major spot is to put in a 8 feet tall culvert. 40 feet long..... Work will also start from the Northern end of the F trail going south.post-19704-0-64797200-1290353247_thumb.jpgpost-19704-0-16806100-1290353515_thumb.jpgpost-19704-0-42470100-1290353528_thumb.jpg

not 24 but a 36 inch culvert

That 36" culvert is huge, how do you plan on transporting a 8' x 40' long one??

We made some Big progress yesterday on the trail, the 24 Inch Culvert is in and we did did more brushing with the Dozer for about 1.5 kms more passed that hole. next major spot is to put in a 8 feet tall culvert. 40 feet long..... Work will also start from the Northern end of the F trail going south.post-19704-0-64797200-1290353247_thumb.jpgpost-19704-0-16806100-1290353515_thumb.jpgpost-19704-0-42470100-1290353528_thumb.jpg

not 24 but a 36 inch culvert

That 36" culvert is huge, how do you plan on transporting a 8' x 40' long one??

a flat bed trailer on the back of a 1 ton pick up

• 2 weeks later...

Very cold this morning with tyhe wind is like -40

so no equipment working today and tomorrow.

Bridge will be deliver Wednesday, so by the end of the week it should be all done bridge wise.

we still have some trail work to do. I hope we won't get to much clod temperature so we can finish everything before Christmas.

Very cold this morning with tyhe wind is like -40

so no equipment working today and tomorrow.

Bridge will be deliver Wednesday, so by the end of the week it should be all done bridge wise.

we still have some trail work to do. I hope we won't get to much clod temperature so we can finish everything before Christmas.

Nice work guys! Remember to take some time for yourselves because without you guys I don't want to know what would happen.

Great shoots guys. Asides the bitter cold, it looks you guys have missed all the snow. This may have made things a little less difficult. After all this work I hope to make it up there for a saddle bag trip.

I was speaking to someone up north today, and she mentioned you guys were hard at it. She also mentioned high winds and tough conditions.

There was pride in her voice about your accomplishments.

:right_on:

way to go guys. looks like mother nature is holding back on the snow till you get done. i am actually shocked at how little snow there is out there at this time of the year. but, it is super cold, and freezing everything up nicely, so when the snow does come, you can get right on it.

thanks again for EVERYONE who made this possible. ski

DONE..........FINI..........Совершено.............GEDAAN

..............訂.............HECHO.........GJORT.............

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

We did it.

Mother Nature please now send us snow so we can enjoye this trail.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Bridge guys. they sure made you put it high.

Gordy:

I know this is S of your reign, but I'm guessing that you have been S of Halfway in the summer on your bike?

Have you ever stopped on top of the bridge over the Montreal River and look over? There is (has been anyway) a lot of debris jammed up in the under side of the Bailey Bridge. "Normally" I would say that there must be ??? maybe 5 meters of daylight under that bridge. (?)

Yeah - we were like :whatever: when we seen that!

Think Snow Eh!

Ox

• 1 month later...

Is there anywhere near enough snow to open this section of trail yet? Looking forward to seeing winter ride photos from someone.

Is there anywhere near enough snow to open this section of trail yet? Looking forward to seeing winter ride photos from someone.

I plan to ride there next week. I was on the west side of Dog Lake a couple weeks ago and there was a lot more than 10" of snow. Dog Lake is big but I would think there is plenty of snow on the east side too.

Quote from Jonesy............Jones Power Sports

"There was a group of guys staying at ernies last week who rented a sled from me. the rode to chapleau and around dubreuilville and wawa area and told me things were great other than the new section of F not being groomed yet. They took the road from Dalton on the way back.

I haven't been to missinabie but it's shocking to hear they only have 10 inches of snow. hard to believe but as I say I haven't been there."

This was in reference to info saying snow was only 10" at Ernie's in Missinabie. I talked to Ernie and they have 12" to 14" on the ground. He said he has a big cabin for rent with a heated garage available. He rents $35 per person per night.

Ernie said that he is calling Dub. to see when they are bringing the groomer over to do the remade section of the "F" trail.

Archived