F Trail UPDATED!!!! PICTURES!!!!!

Big Reg

Hello all,

just a quick note to inform everyone that we are doing our best to have the F trail open for this coming season between Missanabie and Chapleau.

a re-route has been done on site by a forester this past spring, both district covered the cost of it.

on Thursday August 7 GG and I will be out there to look at a plan B also, since plan A might be hard to put in place due to MNR process.

So GG and I will spend all day in that existing trail looking to see what can be done if plan B become the only alternative. event if that trail doens't belong to our club and district right now, we are committed to do our best to have a trail open for this season for all the permit buyer that do enjoy this fantastic loop in northern Ontario

stay tune for more info and pictures

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all,

That would be great.

The "wilderness trail" from Halfway Haven to Chapleau has always been there and I use it all the time and it was never groomed last year while I was riding.

I would like to see the much longer segment from Miss to Chap open groomed and marked because gas is a factor there if you have to push snow or get lost.

Hope it is put back as before!

A marvellous section of trail ! And one that provides for a great loop.

Many of us have our fingers crossed on this one Big Reg. Thanks to you and GG for all your efforts getting this reopened !

Thanks for all your efforts!

Thanks for your hard work and dedication.

Thanks Big Reg. You guys do a great job out there. Maybe we'll get a chance to ride F again. Looking forward to another great season.

post-19704-128114951577.jpgpost-19704-128114938212.jpgHi Guys, Reg and I have been out there andtheres lot's of work to be done but with Some good Funding we can make it happend. We are up for the Challenge and once we are done with this trail it will be great and wont be the same. We all know that trail was a bad one, everyone that had been on it would agree. We this will be done we will be Proud if this trail.

Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

AWESOME!!! without help from you guys this could not be possible. thanks for being so persistant that your part of the province will not be left out of the economic impact snowmobiling has for your province. keep up the good work, this will be a benefit to all sledders and businesses in the region that need these trails open. if there is anything to help you know i am only a phone call away. ski

Thanks to all of you. You all do the work so many of us can enjoy the beautiful Ontario winter. All we can do is buy the permit and thank you all.

Can the proposed trail be marked on the map?

When do the maps 'go to press'?

AS Many of you Know this trail has been a BIG Problem to groom every season, But Now with proper Funding and hard work From Reg and I WE Will pULL THIS oFF. This trail will be GREAT and Once its done alot of People will be surprised with what we have done with this trail. I'm so looking forward working on this Project, I want to show Again what we can do.

I'm Hopping we can get the Proper Funding soon so we can Start on it. One of the Bridge Has to be Built and the water crosings have to be done before september 15 or we have to wait till next year to be able to work on them. If OC members want to come see the project while its being done you Guys are welcomed, we will post the date here when we will be working on the trail. I will be taking videos to Post on here to show you all the BIG work we are doing on the trail. I plan On Making this Availlable to everybody to see. THE F trail will be BACK AGAIN lol

Not Sure when the map is Done Canuck, Hope we can make it on it this year.post-19704-128147809158.jpg

AS Many of you Know this trail has been a BIG Problem to groom every season, But Now with proper Funding and hard work From Reg and I WE Will pULL THIS oFF. This trail will be GREAT and Once its done alot of People will be surprised with what we have done with this trail. I'm so looking forward working on this Project, I want to show Again what we can do.

I'm Hopping we can get the Proper Funding soon so we can Start on it. One of the Bridge Has to be Built and the water crosings have to be done before september 15 or we have to wait till next year to be able to work on them. If OC members want to come see the project while its being done you Guys are welcomed, we will post the date here when we will be working on the trail. I will be taking videos to Post on here to show you all the BIG work we are doing on the trail. I plan On Making this Availlable to everybody to see. THE F trail will be BACK AGAIN lol

Not Sure when the map is Done Canuck, Hope we can make it on it this year.post-19704-128147809158.jpg

Hi Luc & Reg,

Are you working on the trail from Missanabie to Dalton that is in the Alouette's trail system or beyound Dalton which means that the road will still be the connection?

Even if the road is still used, it is better than loosing the original Top F Trail.

I miss the loops from Dubreuilville to Missanabie to Chapleau to Halfway Haven to Wawa to Hawk Junction and back to Dubreuilville.

Thanks for all the efforts!

Yes We are working on that section, That trail was put in by the Missanabie Snowmobile Club, when the Club Shut Down Our Club took it over then a few Years Back the Chapleau Club took it over. Now if Everything goes to plan we will be taking over the trail again.

I'm excited about the Project and Can't wait to have the machines out there working on the trail.

Yes We are working on that section, That trail was put in by the Missanabie Snowmobile Club, when the Club Shut Down Our Club took it over then a few Years Back the Chapleau Club took it over. Now if Everything goes to plan we will be taking over the trail again.

I'm excited about the Project and Can't wait to have the machines out there working on the trail.

is Chapleau going to give up a groomer to groom this section,or do you have to get your groomer to the other side of dog lake?

Do you think that having to use the long road connection (about 15 miles?) was why Top F was re-routed? The road was a problem 2 seasons back on my last 3 runs between Missanabie and Chapleau. Dry spots and sanded hard packed snow. (Over heating and grinding track clips.)

The Chapleau Arctic Watershed Club didn't seem to do much last year on the Temporary Top F Trail, so do you think they will want to go back to this much longer trail? They will still have to groom all the way to Missanabie since the Alouette's can not get a groomer to this area without crossing Dog Lake or trucking it all the way around via Wawa.

Without this trail, the network is not what it was.

Thanks for working on this project!

The Chapleau Club took the easy Way the las few years and would jump on the road WE GROOMED the trail all the Way. It was not Supose to be on the Road for 15 Miles. If Everything goes to plan we should be have a groomer parked in Missanabie All winter long and Will Probly be Grooming passed Dalton too.

The Chapleau Club took the easy Way the las few years and would jump on the road  WE GROOMED the trail all the Way.  It was not Supose to be on the Road for 15 Miles.  If Everything goes to plan we should be have a groomer parked in Missanabie All winter long and Will Probly be Grooming passed Dalton too.

Good Luck and great effort.

The Chapleau Club took the easy Way the las few years and would jump on the road WE GROOMED the trail all the Way. It was not Supose to be on the Road for 15 Miles. If Everything goes to plan we should be have a groomer parked in Missanabie All winter long and Will Probly be Grooming passed Dalton too.

Way to go guys !!

thank you for all the hard work you have done!!! :right_on:

• 2 weeks later...

Well........an important milestone was reach on Monday August 30, 2010

The budget we had submitted have been APPROVED :right_on::woot::woot:

Now we are just waiting on getting all the permit in our hands and lets start the work so we can ride this trail this winter

Well........an important milestone was reach on Monday August 30, 2010

The budget we had submitted have been APPROVED right_on.gifwootSMILEY.gifwootSMILEY.gif

Now we are just waiting on getting all the permit in our hands and lets start the work so we can ride this trail this winter

Fantastic News ! Congratulations icon_exclaim.gifright_on.gif

Archived