F Trail UPDATED!!!! PICTURES!!!!!

Big Reg

Who staff's the booth for the area at the OFSC show?

I spoke to a younger rep. last year (late 30's?), who said they were most eager to get that trail in.

Sounds like you're doing most, if not all, of the heavy lifting on this one.

I'll drop by the booth again this year.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after what went on here the year before last, then last year, and now, NOW....

do you really think they are going to tell you anything more than what YOU WANT TO HEAR, to avoid any conflict at a public event???

i think it is time to pull the gloves off, call a spade, a spade. and out this person for who they really are. they have no business being part of this type of organized activity. he only looks out for HIS best interest, and gives lip service to everyone who asks his reasoning. then behind closed doors scheme's to hurt other ajoining communities, clubs, districts, and businesses with no remorse or conciousness.

this one person should be removed from the club, the district AND the ofsc. they are not a true friend of our chosen area or recreation.

my .02 ski

If it applies, at least tell us where not to spend our money.

The ONLY place I would consider staying in Chapleau is Valentine Farms Bed and Breakfast.

The owners are seniors, and have provided truthful responses to trail conditions in the past (i.e 'no snow - wait a couple of weeks'.

Not sure who the muckraker(s) are re: new trail, but these folks are solid and would have no part of the b.s. swirling around that trail.

I look forward to staying at Valentine Farms again.

The ONLY place I would consider staying in Chapleau is Valentine Farms Bed and Breakfast.

The owners are seniors, and have provided truthful responses to trail conditions in the past (i.e 'no snow - wait a couple of weeks'.

Not sure who the muckraker(s) are re: new trail, but these folks are solid and would have no part of the b.s. swirling around that trail.

I look forward to staying at Valentine Farms again.

See........ http://valentinefarms.ca/

Ross and Frenda who run Valentine Farms B&B are great hosts. They go out of their way and we really love the place. It is an old chicken farm where they once sorted eggs. You would never know it and they have indoor parking (ride thru door to door & no reverse needed).

I often cut through to Chapleau from Halfway Haven to spent the night. That is why I would love to see "F" trail hooked back up so I can continue North from Chapleau. (It is no problem to run the 60 miles of unplowed logging roads over to Chapleau from Halfway even when it is not groomed, so why make that the "F" Trail?)

I stayed there 3 nights last year. It makes for an easy Sunday morning ride back to Searchmont if you have to drive back home that day or a great ride over to Dube!

BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL "F" TRAIL!

So that being said is it the "To the Three Mills" that is causing the problems? We all should know.

X3 on Valentines

Stayed there in '03. Great hospitality!!

Forgive me if I missed it...will "F" officially be open this year? Does OFSC have to give some type blessing?

Forgive me if I missed it...will "F" officially be open this year? Does OFSC have to give some type blessing?

A believe the F is still waiting on MNR blessing from what I heard at the show

we are doing our best to have it open this year.

we are approved funding wise.......we are waiting a few permit and last minute requirement from MNR.

we have a 50 tons shovel waitng in the yard here in Dubreuilville ready to go up and install a new bridge.

as soon we have more detail we will post it here

Well we hosted a conference call today with 2 members of Chapleau club, 2 members of Dubreuilville club, district administrator for District 13 an 14 and both Governors.

it was a very productive call. looks like we are all on the same page.

now we are just waiting on MNR so we can start the work.

2 thumbs up.

Well we hosted a conference call today with 2 members of Chapleau club, 2 members of Dubreuilville club, district administrator for District 13 an 14 and both Governors.

it was a very productive call. looks like we are all on the same page.

now we are just waiting on MNR so we can start the work.

yes, it was a good conference call, better than what i expected, Now the ball is in the MSN"s court to givve our final aproovals. I want to see those big machines on the trails soon. lots of work to do. AND we still have to work on the new Section of the D108A trail from Dump Road to the tracks.... I have to go out and Flag it map it GPS it soon.

we still have to work on the new Section of the D108A trail from Dump Road to the tracks.... I have to go out and Flag it map it GPS it soon.

i am looking forward to that reroute. that will get us off the road, and help that trail last longer for late season riding and "other adventures".

keep us posted if we can help you guys at all. i have our week of thanksgiving off. (last week of november). no plans right now. ski

we still have to work on the new Section of the D108A trail from Dump Road to the tracks.... I have to go out and Flag it map it GPS it soon.

i am looking forward to that reroute. that will get us off the road, and help that trail last longer for late season riding and "other adventures".

keep us posted if we can help you guys at all. i have our week of thanksgiving off. (last week of november). no plans right now. ski

We will probly in the process of doing the F trail at that time, you shpould come out and see us, We will have a place to saty in Missinabie, your welcomes to stay with us there.

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

congrats to you ALL!!! this is a huge step in the right direction for the regions economy. hopefully mother nature blesses you with early, deep, and long lasting snow... to get the tourists to the area, over and over.

i know lynne and i cant wait to see our friends up there. missing many of you ALOT!

Ski

Good job guys. Wish we could come up and help other than spending some of our $$$. We'll be riding through in late February.

Well done!

Your efforts and time are greatly appreciated.

That's great, I can't wait to get up there. My thanks to all that had a part in making this happen. Its been tough reading all the negative threads this fall about all the closings and such. It's an exciting moment when there is something good that happens. :right_on::right_on::right_on:

:phonecall: Mr contrator get ready we got all our permits :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Trail work will start next week........yessssssssssssssssssssssssss

Outstanding, we'll all be looking for some pics of the progress... :right_on::right_on:

Archived