Abitibi PQ - Amos - Conditions?

Sevey

^^^looks good! They had groomed around town in amos on monday but south to malartic had some big chop in the corners.

On 2/19/2024 at 10:05 PM, stoney said:

Do you really notice that much of a difference between 129 and 137.

i kind of recall when I went from my F7 to my crossfire years ago , that was the same jump, I recall the track feeling more planted, but that was about it. 

No not really i guess. And the turbo likely needs that extra length to get the power to the ground. Remember the track spinning 121 1200's lol. There's a 24 900t in the garage here, so when we go to Quebec beginning of march together we'll likely take both her 850 and 900t then i can get a few days seat time on it. My 600 needs the front shocks rebuilt or the springs are punched. I dont know. Steering is super hard on the forward weight transfer in the corners. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Steve F6 said:

No not really i guess. And the turbo likely needs that extra length to get the power to the ground. Remember the track spinning 121 1200's lol. There's a 24 900t in the garage here, so when we go to Quebec beginning of march together we'll likely take both her 850 and 900t then i can get a few days seat time on it. My 600 needs the front shocks rebuilt or the springs are punched. I dont know. Steering is super hard on the forward weight transfer in the corners. 

Ya, I realy do not think most will feel the difference - at the end of the day it is an extra 4" on the snow and maybe 2 more lugs.

I do recall how that 13.5" track on the F7 sure liked to spin vs. the 15" track.

It will be nice to run the 900TR to get a feel for it, as I assume you consider your next sled of choice. I think they are nice machines, but if pounding roughstuff all day, any 4-stroke will not be fun.

I do not find the steering hard, but I am sure if you rode your sled and than jumped to a 4-stroke, it would be a big adjustment.

I was able to run a 2024 900TR with smart shocks on my recent trip, with his track studded, it felt quite a bit diferent in the traction repartment & getting the power down so much better, I really should get a studded track on mine, but I really like the IR the way it is and the looser sliding feeling in the corners.

As for the smart shocks, not that I played with it, I still preferred my sled with the Elka shocks for some reason - I am sure more of a matter of what I am used too and could get used to the SS too and enjoy them as well......I did feel as though the front SS were much better than then how the skid felt with the SS, should be an option to onlt get the SS in the front, IMO.

The guy that rode my sled, with the performance enhancement added, while I rode his sled, said my sled felt like his 850 that he rode last year.

• Like 2

Rode to Matagami today fresh groomed all the way up and trail was in really good shape on the way down to lebel-sur-Quevillon where we are spending the night. See about 20 sleds today light flurries most of the afternoon sky is clear now and +1 

IMG_2857.jpeg

IMG_2859.jpeg

IMG_2858.jpeg

• Like 13

Man that sled can carry a lot of beer!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, tricky said:

You should how much beer those expeditions with that massive suitcase on the back can carry, they are big enough to fit a small person inside…lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, tricky said:

Gas oil underwear and yes beer 🤣

• Thanks 1

Im sold on the 31ltr combo bag. It doesnt get in the way at all, keeps weight off the back and I could easily hold a gallon of oil and clothes for a week in it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve F6 said:

Im sold on the 31ltr combo bag. It doesnt get in the way at all, keeps weight off the back and I could easily hold a gallon of oil and clothes for a week in it. 

Agreed.   The combo bag is by far my favourite linq bag.    That and the 40L Adventure bag and you are good for a week on the trails.   

IMG_4903.jpeg

1 hour ago, Steve F6 said:

Couple of guys I rode with each had one, I know you also suggested it to me last year as well when I was looking for options that I could use iwth the gas caddy, but with the comfort seat, I did not think it would work, but it does work on that seat!

They do seem nice and a big bonus that they are not totally out back with the extra weight.

I do not think I am buying more bags though, already have three, that seem to do the trick......but I may consider selling the adventure bag and maybe picking this one up.

22 minutes ago, stoney said:

Couple of guys I rode with each had one, I know you also suggested it to me last year as well when I was looking for options that I could use iwth the gas caddy, but with the comfort seat, I did not think it would work, but it does work on that seat!

They do seem nice and a big bonus that they are not totally out back with the extra weight.

I do not think I am buying more bags though, already have three, that seem to do the trick......but I may consider selling the adventure bag and maybe picking this one up.

let me know if you want to trade the adventure bag for one of the Linq Sport bags.

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

Agreed.   The combo bag is by far my favourite linq bag.    That and the 40L Adventure bag and you are good for a week on the trails.   

IMG_4903.jpeg

My combo is the seat bag and bag and 40 l adventure bag. Takes a bit of persuasion but I can get 4 litre jug of oil in the seat bag and still have room for a beverage 😎 Like everyone else don’t want oil in my clothes bag. 

IMG_5023.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Nunz said:

let me know if you want to trade the adventure bag for one of the Linq Sport bags.

Will do, Nunz - but I do already have one of the 17l sport bags though.

I carry 2 x 4L of oil, a pair of shoes and 8-10 beers (for the evenings) in the combo bag and carry all of my clothes and a lap top in the Adventure bag.    As mentioned, I do not want to take the chance of any leakage from oil or beer on my clothes.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J Feces said:

My combo is the seat bag and bag and 40 l adventure bag. Takes a bit of persuasion but I can get 4 litre jug of oil in the seat bag and still have room for a beverage 😎 Like everyone else don’t want oil in my clothes bag. 

IMG_5023.jpeg

I do like that seat bag but it doesnt fit on a Lynx.     I could get 3 x 1L of oil in it and 3-4 beers.   

• Like 1

We use these for carrying oil. Never a drop spilt. 2 fit inside a freezer bag.  Holds a litre i think. 

IMG_8603.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Steve F6 said:

We use these for carrying oil. Never a drop spilt. 2 fit inside a freezer bag.  Holds a litre i think. 

IMG_8603.jpeg

Unfortunately this is what i use on big trips 2 850s take alot of oil on this trip I brought 2 four litre jugs and I bought one today to get back to the cottage tomorrow 

IMG_2865.png

• Like 1

So im assuming temiscaming, ville marie took a beating today with that warmth and sun? Amos should be ok its just getting there.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Steve F6 said:

So im assuming temiscaming, ville marie took a beating today with that warmth and sun? Amos should be ok its just getting there.

We are in Senneterre tonight so not sure how things are Fugereville im sure we can at least get back there .trails are still really good here 

IMG_2864.jpeg

IMG_2861.jpeg

IMG_2862.jpeg

• Like 6

11 hours ago, 1049 said:

We are in Senneterre tonight so not sure how things are Fugereville im sure we can at least get back there .trails are still really good here 

IMG_2864.jpeg

IMG_2861.jpeg

IMG_2862.jpeg

Was talking to 2 very nice people at the one warm up shack yesterday. Riding 2 850s. There trip appeared similiar to yours LoL.  They said they were from Sarnia.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Was talking to 2 very nice people at the one warm up shack yesterday. Riding 2 850s. There trip appeared similiar to yours LoL.  They said they were from Sarnia.  

So you are riding and not sharing any updates, condition reports or pictures - why you holding out in us :) ......good to hear some more folks enjoying the season while and where they still can,

30 minutes ago, volunteer2 said:

Well that was definitely us lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, stoney said:

So you are riding and not sharing any updates, condition reports or pictures - why you holding out in us :) ......good to hear some more folks enjoying the season while and where they still can,

How about sharing about your seat change?

I see Doo has all the accessory seats on sale right now, 20% off.

Are all the "Trail Wide" seats the same height and foam density? Just the profile differs depending on with or without storage?

Trail Wide Seat, Trail Wide Seat with Heat, Trail wide seat with storage, Trail wide seat with storage and Heat. I assume these are all the same foam.

Then we have the Trail Narrow seats and the Deep Snow seats.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

How about sharing about your seat change?

I see Doo has all the accessory seats on sale right now, 20% off.

Are all the "Trail Wide" seats the same height and foam density? Just the profile differs depending on with or without storage?

Trail Wide Seat, Trail Wide Seat with Heat, Trail wide seat with storage, Trail wide seat with storage and Heat. I assume these are all the same foam.

Then we have the Trail Narrow seats and the Deep Snow seats.

Gladly !

I really enjoyed the 850 seat, firmer, higher, not as wide, easier to slide side to side if you ride like that & it looks better....zero negatives to make mention of, but even the 850 seat can use a little more height if you are taller, imo.

I did ride a buddies 900T sled that had the comfort seat that is also a heated seat, and it felt like it was firmer, his sled is a 2021 as well, not sure if the seat foam chnaged since then or something to do with the heated seat.

Also rode a buddies 2024 900TR with the new comfort seat, which also felt better then my 2022 older style comfort seat.

New comfort seat loses the storage of course, to me is not a big deal with the sport bag and my 40l dry bag, room to spare based on what I carry on a trip.

Here is a picture of it for ref as well.

IMG_4759.JPG

17 minutes ago, stoney said:

Gladly !

I really enjoyed the 850 seat, firmer, higher, not as wide, easier to slide side to side if you ride like that & it looks better....zero negatives to make mention of, but even the 850 seat can use a little more height if you are taller, imo.

I did ride a buddies 900T sled that had the comfort seat that is also a heated seat, and it felt like it was firmer, his sled is a 2021 as well, not sure if the seat foam chnaged since then or something to do with the heated seat.

Also rode a buddies 2024 900TR with the new comfort seat, which also felt better then my 2022 older style comfort seat.

New comfort seat loses the storage of course, to me is not a big deal with the sport bag and my 40l dry bag, room to spare based on what I carry on a trip.

Here is a picture of it for ref as well.

IMG_4759.JPG

Hmmmm, nothing is simple.

I find as the day goes on, I'm more aware of the soft/low seat of the Mach. Whether I sink in more or it just doesn't rebound, I'm not sure.

I got a quote to modify my existing seat and they are talking $600-800.

I have Trail Wide Heated seat in my wife's Adreneline and it feels the same as the Mach Z. I have her original Trail Wide seat as well and it feels the same. I rode my buddy's '23 900R and it felt slightly taller than mine, but his bars are lower so it throws things off.

The storage is not a concern. I don't think there is anything stored in either one right now.

With 20% savings, its tempted to buy the Trail Narrow seat and try it. Its around $450 now. Just not sure my wide butt will like the narrow seat.

People want $250-350 for used seats and you have to live with the colour.

Team Vincent supposedly have one in stock.   

Ugh......lol

Heh, it is just money, right.....

The 2022 seat really is too soft, I think that is the worst part of it....especilly coming off a Cat that is much firmer and I recall my Cat seat was pretty narrow too, not sure about the one on your Cat though to compare with from a narrow standpoint.