Abitibi PQ - Amos - Conditions?

Sevey

59 minutes ago, stoney said:

Heh, it is just money, right.....

The 2022 seat really is too soft, I think that is the worst part of it....especilly coming off a Cat that is much firmer and I recall my Cat seat was pretty narrow too, not sure about the one on your Cat though to compare with from a narrow standpoint.

The LXR seat is softer than some of the other Cat seats I believe.  But still sits up taller than the Mach seat. Width is similar.

Left Senneterre this morning with a couple inches of new snow trails were perfect had lunch at Rapid 7 I think the sugar pie there is even better than moonbeam clubhouse.. Trails from LaForce back to Fugereville are starting to get thin and they are rock hard after the flash freeze last night but still very rideable . If i was coming up i would drive to Amos or Val -dor 

IMG_2873.jpeg

IMG_2874.jpeg

IMG_2877.jpeg

IMG_2878.jpeg

IMG_2872.jpeg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The LXR seat is softer than some of the other Cat seats I believe.  But still sits up taller than the Mach seat. Width is similar.

I had the Cat mountain seat if I am not mistaken, so taller and firmer.

I recall on one of my other cats before my last one, I bought the mountain seat for a taller firmer seat as well.

5 hours ago, 1049 said:

Left Senneterre this morning with a couple inches of new snow trails were perfect had lunch at Rapid 7 I think the sugar pie there is even better than moonbeam clubhouse.. Trails from LaForce back to Fugereville are starting to get thin and they are rock hard after the flash freeze last night but still very rideable . If i was coming up i would drive to Amos or Val -dor 

IMG_2873.jpeg

IMG_2874.jpeg

IMG_2877.jpeg

IMG_2878.jpeg

IMG_2872.jpeg

Thank you. Thats not what i was hoping to hear but expected. Leaving from Temiscaming in the morning, Amos bound. Did you have scratchers down?

2 minutes ago, Steve F6 said:

Thank you. Thats not what i was hoping to hear but expected. Leaving from Temiscaming in the morning, Amos bound. Did you have scratchers down?

No there was enough snow moving stayed around 45 degrees the whole way just lots of darting frozen ruts but definitely still rideable I’m afraid the next warm up will be the end 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, 1049 said:

Well that was definitely us lol

That is crazy funny LoL. Nice meeting you     we took your advice and ordered the pizza with delivery   the ride yesterday to Quevillon was sweet. And even better to mattagami and to Amos.  the motel de lac is an excellent place to spend the night pics are going to be on Stoneys thread LoL 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, stoney said:

So you are riding and not sharing any updates, condition reports or pictures - why you holding out in us :) ......good to hear some more folks enjoying the season while and where they still can,

I've been busy having motel meetings with the gang LoL.   It's a short 3 day ride but 2 days and it's been great tomorrow we are still thinking about Amos to rouyan. Cold today for the mattagami ride but it was just an awesome 

PXL_20240223_193158121.jpg

PXL_20240223_152801112.jpg

PXL_20240223_142523633.jpg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

That is crazy funny LoL. Nice meeting you     we took your advice and ordered the pizza with delivery   the ride yesterday to Quevillon was sweet. And even better to mattagami and to Amos.  the motel de lac is an excellent place to spend the night pics are going to be on Stoneys thread LoL 

It was nice meeting you also ! Glad you’re having a great ride and enjoyed the motel de lac by the looks of the weather you picked the perfect time . Enjoy the rest of your trip !!

• Like 1

It was decent leaving temis, ville marie to la tulipe was thin but rideable, la tulip was sweet half way to la force was icey on lower route 63 and up. La force up 309 was minty to the shelter the whole length. Stopped for lunch at rapid 7. Malartic to amos on 83, 307, 93 was choppy but met the groomer just south of town. 400 clicks. Excellent day🫠

IMG_8608.jpeg

IMG_8610.jpeg

IMG_8613.jpeg

IMG_8614.jpeg

IMG_8615.jpeg

IMG_8616.jpeg

• Like 11

Amos back to temis today. Only one pic from lunch at rapid 7. The 309 and north of there was excellent. Still good enough on the rail line in temis. Getting tough in between but some really good mixed in there too. Anyone ever tried/found/know of good parking around la force to saddle bag from? 

IMG_8617.jpeg

• Like 3