Abitibi PQ - Amos - Conditions?

Sevey

Are the 900t better on fuel when running hard 

1 hour ago, Steve F6 said:

We ran Amos to Matagami and back yesterday. I was about 10km out from gas when the sled started coughing. Dumped in some of the linqs gas. Took 35litrs to fill in matagami. Minty the whole way up! No restaurant open on sundays in matagami. Food stuff at gas station we heated up later at warm up shack. Came back down same way. Dumped all gas in at lower warm up shelter. Still took 35 litres in amos. Fast running and chewing fuel with 2 900T's. All trails in great shape. Dinner at st.huberts. The river crossing is fine in amos but still shows closed. Heading back to Temis today and will update tonight. One of the riders on the abitibi map cover sure looks very familiar lol!

IMG_8557.jpeg

IMG_8546.jpeg

IMG_8562.jpeg

How’s your 6 keeping up with the 900 on the big trails?

I’m loving my 900 on the trails we are running….other than the wooped sections…lol 
the McX kit is great improvement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wrightonalan said:

My 900TR is getting around 15 lites per 100 km….hand calculated, but the display is pretty close to that too. 

The 900t's are better on fuel. On the way up one of them started coughing when mine did 10kms out. On the way back we all used more fuel and it was tight for running out. Those trails are perfect for the turbo's. I just let em eat lol and stay back out of the snow dust.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Steve F6 said:

We ran Amos to Matagami and back yesterday. I was about 10km out from gas when the sled started coughing. Dumped in some of the linqs gas. Took 35litrs to fill in matagami. Minty the whole way up! No restaurant open on sundays in matagami. Food stuff at gas station we heated up later at warm up shack. Came back down same way. Dumped all gas in at lower warm up shelter. Still took 35 litres in amos. Fast running and chewing fuel with 2 900T's. All trails in great shape. Dinner at st.huberts. The river crossing is fine in amos but still shows closed. Heading back to Temis today and will update tonight. One of the riders on the abitibi map cover sure looks very familiar lol!

IMG_8557.jpeg

IMG_8546.jpeg

IMG_8562.jpeg

Thanks for the update hoping the trails hold up heading up Sunday hoping to Temiscaming but might have to make the drive to Valdor.

Greg 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wrightonalan said:

I ride an 850 and all of my buddies run 900Rs.     My 850 used slightly less fuel than the 900Rs on our last trip to Quebec.    

• Thanks 1

I like the 600 class but when the trail is open and fast ,you have to use a lot of throttle.Im leaning towards a 600r for my next sled

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

I ride an 850 and all of my buddies run 900Rs.     My 850 used slightly less fuel than the 900Rs on our last trip to Quebec.    

2024 or older 900TR?

I ask because the 2024 in our group is a couple litres more per fill up. 

The trail is a little thin until you get to Rapid 7 it’s fantastic the closer you get to Val-dor

IMG_2845.jpeg

IMG_2847.jpeg

IMG_2846.jpeg

• Like 8

4 hours ago, wrightonalan said:

I like the 600 class but when the trail is open and fast ,you have to use a lot of throttle.Im leaning towards a 600r for my next sled

Im thinking the same, lighter and easier to ride. I think they would keep up fine other than long lakes.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Oggy said:

Im thinking the same, lighter and easier to ride. I think they would keep up fine other than long lakes.

Don’t discount a 850 there harder on oil but good on gas and easy to ride my wife went from a Sidewinder to the 850 a few years ago . She said why the hell did you put me through that with the Sidewinder lol 

• Like 1

Trailers are pilling in at the Forestel

IMG_2849.jpeg

IMG_2848.jpeg

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, 1049 said:

Don’t discount a 850 there harder on oil but good on gas and easy to ride my wife went from a Sidewinder to the 850 a few years ago . She said why the hell did you put me through that with the Sidewinder lol 

Didn't you put her on (through) a Viper before that? Maybe that was someone else. Most, but not all the sledding wives, I have ridden with were very happy when they finally got a 600 class sled after years of 800s. This is even more so true for anyone now on a Poo 650 - all most will need. Lots of women were on 800/850 sleds because the male partner bought the sleds and he wanted a back-up to his sled. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tricky said:

Didn't you put her on (through) a Viper before that? Maybe that was someone else. Most, but not all the sledding wives, I have ridden with were very happy when they finally got a 600 class sled after years of 800s. This is even more so true for anyone now on a Poo 650 - all most will need. Lots of women were on 800/850 sleds because the male partner bought the sleds and he wanted a back-up to his sled. 

Yes I did she hated the Viper and before that it was a 2008 Nytro that she loved we had 3 Nytros most hated them but it was probably the most fun sled I ever rode at least at the time lol My son rides one of our sleds when he is able to go so we have always had two identical sleds but Pam also said she’s not riding a 600 🤣🤣

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 1049 said:

IMG_2849.jpeg

IMG_2848.jpeg

Likely saw the most sleds so far today. 
not busy on the trails though. 
it’s odd, stop for food, see more sleds, but on the trails, much fewer. 
quebec’ers

ontarian’s

american’s

edit: talking to some Americans today and they said why is it the last few years there are so many more Ontario folks riding in QC than years past. 

16 minutes ago, stoney said:

Likely saw the most sleds so far today. 
not busy on the trails though. 
it’s odd, stop for food, see more sleds, but on the trails, much fewer. 
quebec’ers

ontarian’s

american’s

edit: talking to some Americans today and they said why is it the last few years there are so many more Ontario folks riding in QC than years past. 

Only seen 6 sleds on the trail today but it was a short day we were at the room at 3 but by the look of this parking lot things are about to get busy . Probably seen 20 trailers pulling in the last hour 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1049 said:

Only seen 6 sleds on the trail today but it was a short day we were at the room at 3 but by the look of this parking lot things are about to get busy . Probably seen 20 trailers pulling in the last hour 

Yea, each day so far it’s gotten busier on our route. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stoney said:

2024 or older 900TR?

I ask because the 2024 in our group is a couple litres more per fill up. 

Our last trip was 3 x 900Rs, my 24 Lynx 850 and a 2020 900 Turbo.   

The 20 was the best on fuel, followed by my 850 and then the 900Rs were a couple litres behind me every fill up.    

11 hours ago, scottyr said:

I find i burn the most fuel running the fast trails with bigger sleds up north. Less oil than the 850 but the 600 is strung right out in the power band more which i like on the muskoka trails. I'd consider a 900t for my next sled. Just wish it was 129.

2 minutes ago, Steve F6 said:

I find i burn the most fuel running the fast trails with bigger sleds up north. Less oil than the 850 but the 600 is strung right out in the power band more which i like on the muskoka trails. I'd consider a 900t for my next sled. Just wish it was 129.

Do you really notice that much of a difference between 129 and 137.

i kind of recall when I went from my F7 to my crossfire years ago , that was the same jump, I recall the track feeling more planted, but that was about it. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Steve F6 said:

Agreed.    I owned a 22 600 XRS and LOVED it everywhere but when we were running the high speed trails in Northern Ontario.    In the tighter trails it was a weapon.   

22 hours ago, 1049 said:

IMG_2849.jpeg

IMG_2848.jpeg

You must be in room 111 or 113, based on your view. This trailer, and I think the one to left of it  was there when I was last week 11-14 Feb. 

IMG_2849.thumb.jpeg.5354be057df70d0d57e97b8eac6e88a7.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

You must be in room 111 or 113, based on your view. This trailer, and I think the one to left of it  was there when I was last week 11-14 Feb. 

IMG_2849.thumb.jpeg.5354be057df70d0d57e97b8eac6e88a7.jpeg

Haha room 117 you were close at the Amosphere tonight 

Blue bird day have only seen about 10 sleds so far today we left Val -dor this morning around 9 everyone was in the parking lot taking selfies on them selfs and there sleds so we must have got ahead of them lol

IMG_2851.jpeg

IMG_2852.jpeg

IMG_2853.jpeg

• Like 15