Permits

signfan

7 hours ago, signfan said:

Secrets out.

https://ucsr.ca/permits/

Kinda funny values.  Wonder how they were determined.  Weird to see Ontario prices well under New Brunswicks.

The approved motion on permit fees at AGM set prices at 

Seasonal

On or before Nov 1.   $214 + $7.50 S/H

on or Before Dec 1.    $244 + $7.50 S/H

aftet Dec 1.                 $294 + $7.50 S/H

Classic

on or before Dec 1.     $171.20 + $7.50 S/H

after Dec 1.                   $201.20 + $7.50 S/H

Multi Day awaiting final confirmation from MTO but recommended at $48.15 per day with a 2 day minimum. 

On 8/22/2023 at 8:02 AM, stoney said:

I found this posted on 23/24 permit fees - also states TBC.

Permit Type Full By Dec 1 By Nov 1 Notes
Seasonal $293.60 $243.60 $213.60 +processing fee
2000 model year and newer
Classic $200.88 $170.88 N/A +processing fee 1999
model year and earlier
Multi-day $48.06 minimum purchase of 2 consecutive days

9 hours ago, signfan said:

Secrets out.

https://ucsr.ca/permits/

Kinda funny values.  Wonder how they were determined.  Weird to see Ontario prices well under New Brunswicks.

2 hours ago, Big Pete said:

The approved motion on permit fees at AGM set prices at 

Seasonal

On or before Nov 1.   $214 + $7.50 S/H

on or Before Dec 1.    $244 + $7.50 S/H

aftet Dec 1.                 $294 + $7.50 S/H

Classic

on or before Dec 1.     $171.20 + $7.50 S/H

after Dec 1.                   $201.20 + $7.50 S/H

Multi Day awaiting final confirmation from MTO but recommended at $48.15 per day with a 2 day minimum. 

So the TBD prices turned out to be pretty accurate in the end.

2022/23 was $200.00 plus processing

2023/24 is $214.00 plus processing

Only $14.00 increase.

3 hours ago, signfan said:

How / why did they end up on $14?  Some index to inflation?  Or expected costs?

7% increase at each price point. 

the new 4 year deal with MTO allows permit prices to increase by up to 7% each year. No indication on what decides the “up to “ level each year. Looks like it’s tied to inflation vs actual costs. 

1 hour ago, Big Pete said:

7% increase at each price point. 

the new 4 year deal with MTO allows permit prices to increase by up to 7% each year. No indication on what decides the “up to “ level each year. Looks like it’s tied to inflation bs actual costs. 

I'll take 7.

My property taxes are slated to go up 14.5%.

Might be time to move.

• Sad 1

Guess we can buy our permits on sunday

hopefully I make better use of it this season

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Permit ordered just need snow 

• Like 3

I was wondering when the permit race was going to start 😀

12 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

We never get frost first anymore unfortunately 

I don’t recall the year but it didn’t seem that long ago our lakes were in great shape because we did get the cold first, trails not so much due to lack is snow…..I would say it’s been a loooong time since some nice frost arrived before the good snow. 

7 minutes ago, stoney said:

I don’t recall the year but it didn’t seem that long ago our lakes were in great shape because we did get the cold first, trails not so much due to lack is snow…..I would say it’s been a loooong time since some nice frost arrived before the good snow. 

the odds of us getting it all anymore are slim to none.

I just take what I can get

50 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

We never get frost first anymore unfortunately 

We did in 2013 and 2014. I couldn’t dig out ground for my new barn at end of March. Ground was frozen 4 feet below surface that year. Was third week of April before it thawed enough to break thru frost layer and trees they could pull them out until end of April and there was still frost under them 😎. We are due 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

We did in 2013 and 2014. I couldn’t dig out ground for my new barn at end of March. Ground was frozen 4 feet below surface that year. Was third week of April before it thawed enough to break thru frost layer and trees they could pull them out until end of April and there was still frost under them 😎. We are due 

That's 10 years ago now.

We probably had frost first sometime in the 60's as well - its no longer the norm.

Hoping my carbon tax contributions will bring back frost!

:)

10 years ago, like I said, not so long ago….lol

Frost is great, but I agree, it is what it is, sit back, wait and hope for the best.

Can’t ride on frost so happy to see snow, which just means over populated areas that can open a trail on rail bed, road allowance, etc….

Better than nothing. 

43 minutes ago, stoney said:

Frost is great, but I agree, it is what it is, sit back, wait and hope for the best.

Can’t ride on frost so happy to see snow, which just means over populated areas that can open a trail on rail bed, road allowance, etc….

Better than nothing. 

That was the year Severn sound from Port Severn over to Midland skimmed over around November 26th .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stoney said:

Better than nothing. 

That's an eternity.

I was 20 pounds lighter and had more hair

10 years from now - i'll be bald - and almost 60

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

That's an eternity.

I was 20 pounds lighter and had more hair

10 years from now - i'll be bald - and almost 60

Doesn't seem that long, nor my kids being born that occurred around that same time.

Do not have the 20 pounds, but less muscle for sure with more fat......I might be maybe 3 to 5 pounds heavier :)

I have chosen to be "bald" for some time now - no point in trying to hang onto what is clearing on its way out, so just keep it all clean, all the time.....

12 hours ago, Spiderman said:

That's 10 years ago now.

We probably had frost first sometime in the 60's as well - its no longer the norm.

Hoping my carbon tax contributions will bring back frost!

:)

That was last good year here. I think clubs logged 12 to 13 weeks in southern Ontario that year. 
last year we had like 3 days of open trails 🤬
not surprising after golfers were out for two weeks in plus 14 C weather in early January here 🤦‍♂️
a few years ago wasn’t too bad here. Maybe 8 weeks of open trails I believe. Been a few years since it’s been decent here no doubt. Time for a change 🙏

It’ll snow, there will be frost and I will ride somewhere where these conditions exist. 
anyone still hanging onto hopes of riding much if at all in the “south”, need to reevaluate things…of course if you are okay hanging onto hopes of riding there and can accept it may only be a couple days, than enjoy those few rides you may get!

The winter forecast isn’t looking all that great, no surprise, but things can and will change….enjoy it when and if you can. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, stoney said:

It’ll snow, there will be frost and I will ride somewhere where these conditions exist. 
anyone still hanging onto hopes of riding much if at all in the “south”, need to reevaluate things…of course if you are okay hanging onto hopes of riding there and can accept it may only be a couple days, than enjoy those few rides you may get!

The winter forecast isn’t looking all that great, no surprise, but things can and will change….enjoy it when and if you can. 

Too early to tell. Hopefully we get some cold in December but once it gets cold lakes will fire up the squalls and burry usually area’s no doubt. Your right Ontario will have riding some where within a stone throw of barrie this winter.  
I buy permit save 80 bucks and if I only use it a few times. Who cares. I support something I enjoy with my hard earned dollars. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Too early to tell. Hopefully we get some cold in December but once it gets cold lakes will fire up the squalls and burry usually area’s no doubt. Your right Ontario will have riding some where within a stone throw of barrie this winter.  
I buy permit save 80 bucks and if I only use it a few times. Who cares. I support something I enjoy with my hard earned dollars. 

No better deal if it snows

If it doesn't - less than a hockey stick for my son - so whatever.

Ordered 2 seasonal, may order 1 more seasonal, and 1 classic, before the fees go up. the US exchange at 135 right now, makes this a super deal, for us. Ski

• Like 4