Sled Dining Covid 19 Style..

Turbo Doo

12 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Seen this,  and wanted to share for the facebookless.  Not a bad idea actually..:icon_munching::cheers::icon_steer:

Screenshot_20201201-215357_Samsung Internet.jpg

Already suggested idea to Frosty Pint pub in Gravenhurst-she indicated cleaning might be an issue!

what do you think you guys are going to doo, with your balaclavas,  helmets, at stops? Ski

25 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

what do you think you guys are going to doo, with your balaclavas,  helmets, at stops? Ski

Pack a few clavas for the day anyway, will be no different.

Helmets should go onto a cleaned rack - take your chances and carry on.

• Like 1

Should not be a big deal.

Good idea for sure to pack extra balaclava as they can be an item of greater concern.

As for shelf for helmet or table or chair, etc....., no different than kids going on school buses now, cleaned after kids get off or going to chiro, table gets cleaned after you leave or going to local restaurant now, table & chairs get cleaned off after you leave or groomer operator switching shifts, cab gets cleaned before next operator runs a shift, etc......

12 minutes ago, stoney said:

Should not be a big deal.

Good idea for sure to pack extra balaclava as they can be an item of greater concern.

As for shelf for helmet or table or chair, etc....., no different than kids going on school buses now, cleaned after kids get off or going to chiro, table gets cleaned after you leave or going to local restaurant now, table & chairs get cleaned off after you leave or groomer operator switching shifts, cab gets cleaned before next operator runs a shift, etc......

Yup, an extra wipe here and there and not a big deal needs to be made about it.

Seating capacity limits are the bigger concern - be an awful lot of waiting around to eat.

Pack some snacks and plan wisely

Just now, Spiderman said:

Seating capacity limits are the bigger concern - be an awful lot of waiting around to eat.

Ya, that is more my thinking & concern, the extended wait time for a table.

On a normal year, there are large crowds around lunch, add reduced tables, reduced staff (likely), more work to be done (cleaning) & maybe more riders this year, going to be some tense moments for some......

but, 10-20 dripping wet balaclavas, helmets, and gloves drying, around a heating apparatus, with fan, ventilation blowing it around doesnt concern anyone? does anyone see the flaw in this thinking? especially the "follow the science" people, govt entities that WILL BE MAKING CHANGES TO HOW WE MOVE FORWARD, etc...?

it is so weird to see people swing so far, from one side to the other with this. Ski

5 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

but, 10-20 dripping wet balaclavas, helmets, and gloves drying, around a heating apparatus, with fan, ventilation blowing it around doesnt concern anyone? does anyone see the flaw in this thinking? especially the "follow the science" people, govt entities that WILL BE MAKING CHANGES TO HOW WE MOVE FORWARD, etc...?

it is so weird to see people swing so far, from one side to the other with this. Ski

Usually it is just the balaclava that has moisture, usually not dripping really, at least not mine, but damp for sure.....which might not be allowed to be brought in so bring spares.

Helmets & gloves are usually placed on a shelf or coat rack type shelf vs. on a heater, neither are dripping wet though, but I am sure some places may have heaters.

Perhaps a bin type system will be get used instead, that get cleaned after each use, not sure.

But I am not overly concerned, some could say the same about all the masks people are wearing that get removed and placed on tables while you eat in a restaurant.

I also think the science is flawed when you look around and what is going on, more of a poke and hope or certain agenda's perhaps......:coffeenose:.

There is very much a great big divide on this subject.

27 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

On a personal level, I have zero concern about any of it, but I can recognize there will be others who do, and rightly so.

I would be shocked if anyone will be allowed to put anything on a heater.

If I were the rider, I'd pack an extra balaclava or two, gloves if you think you need to.

Enter rest. - leave you're helmet in a designated area and get on with it.

I doubt the government is going to amend their indoor eating requirements to specifically "meet those who serve sledders" - so be smart, make choices that YOU are comfortable with and carry on.

30 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

I have no concerns. However if you feel you are in a high risk demographic, then it may be wise to ride and not enter diners.

• Like 1

Personally its been many years since I've been in a "sled" restaurant that had 10-20 belaclavas drying near the stove /heating appliance.  This year if we do take our planned trip to the NCDN I will be taking extra Bellaclava's and each day I will have one in a plastic bag to exchange if going inside during the day. I also intend to take some big enough plastic bags so that i can put my helmet in if we are going to stop for lunch.  As well, as I'll have good quality non reuseable masks.

We will look at each prospective stop before entering as to number of sleds/ vehicles around and if it looks like their could be an issue, we will ride on. Typically we have a big breakfast where we stay and don't eat lunch, just settling for a chocolate bar or bag of chips so continuing that will help eliminate some possible issues.

I have booked rooms only at locations that we have been to in the recent past and where we felt very comfortable with the cleanliness of the facilities. There will be some risks but we intend to be as careful as possible.

This will all be dependant of course on what the situation is in the north before we leave. If it looks like we might run into issues then we won't go.

• Like 1

Consider carrying a 12 ounce can of this stuff:

https://www.microban24.com/products/sanitizing-spray-citrus/

You've probably seen the commercials. My nurse practitioner's family doctors' practice uses it in examination rooms after every appointment. (each no longer than 20 minutes btw) You should be able to fit it in a trail bag or coat pocket. 

Edited by slomo

Get on your sled and ride. Book rooms,  follow protocols.  If lunch spots are full, be prepared for it, then move on. My god this is not hard. Fueling your sled is as simple as fueling your vehicle.  Carry some extra masks, hand sanitizer, social distance,  and pick your fellow riders carefully.  :icon_munching::wavey:...:icon_steer:... if we are allowed to ride of course..... 

If you dont like it, stay home....

No capital letters were used in the making of this post!. B).... Right PLC?. :lmao:

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Get on your sled and ride. Book rooms,  follow protocols.  If lunch spots are full, be prepared for it, then move on. My god this is not hard. Fueling your sled is as simple as fueling your vehicle.  Carry some extra masks, hand sanitizer.  :icon_munching::wavey:...:icon_steer:... if we are allowed to ride of course..... 

If you dont like it, stay home.

But....Turbo Doo!  ...what about the hedgehogs!!!:wtf::w00t::w00t:

hedgehog.thumb.jpg.5492fc24f8ca9beb83dfda82b24318e0.jpg

ARTICLE:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/public-health-notices/2020/outbreak-salmonella-infections-pet-hedgehogs.html

24 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Oh lord.  Well, i will make sure i don't handle any hedgehogs from here on in..:wavey::poke2:

Hey Jeff-diff. subject-you have already picked up your sled? If so-when? Friend of mine still waiting for delivery @ Loiselle's in Embrun?

2 hours ago, Muskoka1 said:

Hey Jeff-diff. subject-you have already picked up your sled? If so-when? Friend of mine still waiting for delivery @ Loiselle's in Embrun?

Yes Sir. The Dutchman and I picked up our 900T's already.  Your friend may possibly have the new Doo Gauges?. Seems like a bit later delivery with the sleds ordered with them. But who knows... Last season i picked up my '20 900T later then i did my new '21 this year..:wtf:

9 hours ago, Spiderman said:

Why bother wasting riding time??? Bring your food w you for the day!...if “these” places are so sought after... go there at the end of the riding day!... when it really counts!! :cheers:

1 hour ago, Sksman said:

Will the Muff-pot be making a comeback?

This will be season #2 for me w mine. Kinda liking it to be quite honest... I just put a bunch of sausage or pepperettes in it last year for everyone! Seemed to go ever well..... I always bring plenty of other stuff as well 

2 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Yes Sir. The Dutchman and I picked up our 900T's already.  Your friend may possibly have the new Doo Gauges?. Seems like a bit later delivery with the sleds ordered with them. But who knows... Last season i picked up my '20 900T later then i did my new '21 this year..:wtf:

Yeah-he maybe didn't spring order!

9 hours ago, skidooboy said:

Exactly. Well put. I’ll be riding lodge to lodge and bringing snacks