Awesome day!

Baylaker

We started out in singhampton today after zig zagging on the drive up due to road closures. On the way home we were able to drive down county road 124 that was closed and there were 10’ + banks. We now see why that road was closed on our way up.

TONS of snow! And all fresh! We saw 2 other sledders about 5-10mins into our ride and that was it until we reached owensound where there were a few sledders out. 

We went up through blue mountains, into meaford to get gas, then Boston pizza in Owen sound. The fields were absolutely brutal for visibility. We were down to about 10-20kmh and couldn’t see 1’ in front of us at times. Never been sledding in such bad conditions ever. I’ve been in some pretty bad storms, but never like this. The snow was deep and we were plowing it with our sleds. We broke trail pretty well all day! Drifts were also very big. Been a long time since I’ve seen that much snow. 

It was nice having all the trails to ourselves, but I think we were the only crazies out in that crap! 

From owen sound we were going to head towards sauble, but I canned that and decided to cut our ride shorter. We travelled straight down the rail line into markdale hoping to get gas at about 6pm and both gas stations were closed!!! WTF?? 

So, we had to continue south on the rail line into Dundalk to get gas. BTW, the rail line was great from Owen Sound into markdale, but from markdale to Dundalk was junked! Anyways, glad on the run was open to get gas. Then we head back north into singhampton. It was much warmer weather in Collingwood & Owen Sound. Dundalk was fricken cold man! 

Anyways, had a great ride with the girlfriend, most of the trails were either groomed yesterday with a lot of fresh snow or freshly groomed tonight. 252kms and she is beat and already in bed lol. That’s the longest day she’s ridden so far. 

if you guys are looking for snow, head to all that yellow that will be green very soon! Like I said, I haven’t seen that much snow in that area in a while! The rain coming won’t even put a dent in it.

Any good places to park in this area?  Only about a 2.5 hr drive for me, kind of interested in checking it out.

Thanks

7 hours ago, zoso said:

Nothing like a strong lake effect laying down 60 cm in a day.

It was pretty wild out there!

3 hours ago, yamaha06 said:

Any good places to park in this area?  Only about a 2.5 hr drive for me, kind of interested in checking it out.

Thanks

Mylar & Loretta’s in singhampton is where we parked

1 hour ago, IQ TURBO said:

If you do not want to drive that far, and they have groomed the rail line, we have parked and rode from the shelburne groomer shed also. Nice place, lots of parking...

Yup, another good spot is Dundalk arena. 

New Lowell is a great starting point, legion and town park for parking.

Shelburne is also good place to take off from. Hwy 89/10...trail right there park at burger or gas station

We were up there yesterday, parked at the Spot in Mt Forest went to Owen sound for lunch and back. We had an awesome day and even rescued a couple stuck for two hours in a snowdrift on 2 Polaris.

7 hours ago, Yamatario said:

We had an awesome day and even rescued a couple stuck for two hours in a snowdrift on 2 Polaris.

So much for terrain domination. :D

We got stuck a few times (girlfriend) in some pretty big drifts. We managed to get out, but man is my back ever killing me now. 

10 hours ago, Yamatario said:

We were up there yesterday, parked at the Spot in Mt Forest went to Owen sound for lunch and back. We had an awesome day and even rescued a couple stuck for two hours in a snowdrift on 2 Polaris.

lol We helped a young girl on a Cat get unstuck just north of Port Sydney on Thursday evening, Team Polaris to the rescue!! lol

6 hours ago, Nunz said:

lol We helped a young girl on a Cat get unstuck just north of Port Sydney on Thursday evening, Team Polaris to the rescue!! lol

Getting stuck isn't fun but when others stop to help you out it's so appreciated.

My wife went off the side of the trail in Six Mile Lake park a few years ago and buried her sled. It was just her and me. We were working at trying to get her out for quite some time. Then a group of 8 sleds comes along. Many hands make small work. They all just picked up the sled and carried it back onto the trail in moments. I offered them some cash so they could buy a drink at the end of the day. They weren't interested.

I got stuck today 5 feat off the trail, blew a corner.

it was safer to blow the corner than to try to make it.

Wasn't paying attention.

Managed to get out myself but the snow is DEEP here.

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

I ran out of likes again. I think I am getting short changed. Either that or revrnd is stealing some of mine. lol

LMAO 'cause I'm out too ... :lmao:

1 hour ago, soupkids said:

I got stuck today 5 feat off the trail, blew a corner.

it was safer to blow the corner than to try to make it.

Wasn't paying attention.

Managed to get out myself but the snow is DEEP here.

Lesser of 2 evils.  At least there wasn't any water involved, and you didn't need your son Herc to help you out ... lol !

23 hours ago, Yamatario said:

Did you post pics of that on Faceplant? If not someone else had to do the same thing.

10 hours ago, revrnd said:

Did you post pics of that on Faceplant? If not someone else had to do the same thing.

Nope no pictures. too busy getting couple out and forgot to take pictures.

Archived