2017 Permits on Sale - Who will be first

02Sled

5 hours ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

Huh? 

Where is this coming from? 

When did you and I converse on this topic? 

See my report on November 1 and the second paragraph of your comments 14 hours ago. It is too bad that you,me and Rick have never got together in person to discuss headaches presented years ago that have never been resolved. Politically things just continue on a downward spiral.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/11/2016 at 11:11 PM, catinental couch said:

Ordered my permit as of 6.04 pm today.Maybe we should start a last to buy permits thread.

Paul and Rick,if there are many people out there that are as cell phone illiterate or worse than I am then it is no wonder that permit sales are down. That was down right painfull.If the trail permits are an MTO document then we should be able to have the aggrevation available to go to the license office to pick up our trail passes. Just the same as buying our car/truck/snowmobile val tags. This online system has driven away many permit buyers in my HONEST opinion.

Sorry I missed this. 

Yes agreed. This is why Rick and I spoke to Mike Clewer at convention in Collingwood two conventions ago . 

Some of our suggestions were, MTO offices selling permits, District offices with a P.O.S Kiosk and for the people who had an issue with CC information being online we suggested gift cards. 

We all know Online sales is here to stay! So it is important to adress the bugs when they happen and try to make it work going forward. 

Glad you were able to purchase your permit, having said that all your info will be kept in your account for the next time you purchase. Your credit card info is not kept and will be the only thing you will need to type in for next purchase. 

I hope that my permit is coming Paul. I got an e-mail as soon as I got the information finally put in but haven't heard a thing from them yet about shipping dates, details etc.

I don't have a problem with online sales or any other method deemed suitable but to take away hands on access is not acceptable for much if the populace for many different reasons,business, personal and interactive socialization. Sledding always has been about social interaction, friendship, excersize and being with nature. Today social interaction is eroding and we cannot be ambassadors to that.

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

I hope that my permit is coming Paul. I got an e-mail as soon as I got the information finally put in but haven't heard a thing from them yet about shipping dates, details etc.

I don't have a problem with online sales or any other method deemed suitable but to take away hands on access is not acceptable for much if the populace for many different reasons,business, personal and interactive socialization. Sledding always has been about social interaction, friendship, excersize and being with nature. Today social interaction is eroding and we cannot be ambassadors to that.

You will get a follow up email from them when it has been shipped. As this is a fulfillment house they won't have people sitting there stuffing envelopes and mailing them manually. They will have postal machines that will coordinate the folding of paper, the addition of the permits to the folded pages, the insertion and sealing of the envelope and the postage stamp on the front. It all happens in seconds for each envelope. There is set up required for each run of the machine so they will wait until they have a batch to process. At the end of the sales window the volumes will be less so the frequency of a mail processing run will also be less frequent.

12 hours ago, catinental couch said:

I also bought on Nov 1 (in the morning) and was just emailed yesterday that it had been shipped.

16 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I also bought on Nov 1 (in the morning) and was just emailed yesterday that it had been shipped.

Ordered mine on the 30th and got the email Tuesday, should be in the mailbox when I check. :cheers:

15 hours ago, catinental couch said:

Thanks reevester and Blackstar.

Did you get it yet? Mine were there today but hadn't checked the mailbox since Wednesday. Seemed faster this year then last. 

38 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

No permit and no e-mail with shipping details etc. either.

Ordered mine October 28th shipped November 2nd arrived November 7th  

On 11/7/2016 at 8:02 PM, catinental couch said:

I would sincerely be looking at near time retirement up there ski. So much wasted enjoyment time on the road. I realize you and Lynne are still working but I personally don't enjoy time on the road. At least the time you get up there is quality time.

About an 1 3/4 hours for me when I was driving back & forth between Oshawa & Apsley. Half that time I was on nights, so Late Fri' night & Mon' afternoon, made for less idgits on the road. On Saun' I'd head back around 7 PM so most of the idgits were already in the GTA. It boggled my mind when I'd be @ our woodlot (S of Apsley on 28) during Sun' afternoon around 1 or 2 PM. It would be a really nice day & there would be lines of vehicles w/ the usual assortment of toys heading south. 

Oh that makes a lot of sense, drive up Fri' after work, play for a day & then load up Sun' morning & drive home. The 1 big improvement I did see over the years was the 4 laning of the 115. Before it was completed Sunday nights were a steady stream of tailights heading north & tailights heading south. There was no way to pass slow pokes (& there were a lot of Sunday Drivers out there. After the twinning was done, it was the like traffic disappeared. Only time I see lines of traffic is during periods of poor visibility or snow coverage on the pavement.

Usually out Sunday afternoon as well. Not a Sunday .a.m. returnee . 

Miss the days of getting trail pass in person.  Don't agree with the online only option.

58 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Usually out Sunday afternoon as well. Not a Sunday .a.m. returnee . 

Miss the days of getting trail pass in person.  Don't agree with the online only option.

Go for retirement Canuck... retire north OR head up sometime convenient Thurs and head home some time convenient Mon OR just come and go when the mood strikes.

I also liked the option of buying the permit in person. I usually came out of the local sled dealer after spending some time talking to the guys and buying something other than the permits. If they weren't open when I went by I would go to the local Amco which was also a permit seller.

58 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

O2 I gotta stop by the Ammco. I haven't been in there for sooooo long and they had such nice personal service and good food too.

It's where we usually are on the Saturday morning during sled season. We start the day with a Chez Shell breakfast. (Named when it was a Shell gas station). We don't really need or want much for lunch then. At the end of the day we fill up there with gas to be ready for the next ride. Ron and his family are great and have always been strong community supporters. 

Good!!

On 11/10/2016 at 8:15 PM, sledjunk said:

I ordered mine Oct 9, it was shipped Oct 13, has not arrived.  Ordered Moosifer's Oct 31, it arrived Tuesday.  Go figure!

I contacted OFSC on Nov 2 about my missing permit.  They basically blamed it on Canada Post and asked me to wait until Nov 15.  I contacted them again yesterday, and now they want me to wait another week.  I am not impressed :-(

20 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

I contacted OFSC on Nov 2 about my missing permit.  They basically blamed it on Canada Post and asked me to wait until Nov 15.  I contacted them again yesterday, and now they want me to wait another week.  I am not impressed :-(

My money is on the guy who delivers your mail. Either he she is a sledder or like mine isn't very accurate. I have to exchange mail with the neighbors regularly 

Nope! P. O. Box and they are great!

2 hours ago, sledjunk said:

Nope! P. O. Box and they are great!

So with a shipping date of Oct 13 I think it's a pretty safe bet the permit is lost. And I  am assuming you selected the standard shipping so now the onus is on you to obtain the police report (for permit lost in transit) and then pay your $15.00 replacement fee to get a new permit. Your $22.50 savings has virtually evaporated. 

Impressed now?

6 hours ago, Big Pete said:

So with a shipping date of Oct 13 I think it's a pretty safe bet the permit is lost. And I  am assuming you selected the standard shipping so now the onus is on you to obtain the police report (for permit lost in transit) and then pay your $15.00 replacement fee to get a new permit. Your $22.50 savings has virtually evaporated. 

Impressed now?

It used to be $10 for a replacement. Did it go up? Police report is a phone call. I had to make one for my mom and it took 5 minutes on the phone 

I don't like having to do it on the internet, but it seems to have worked.  Ordered last weekend of October, received notice of shipment a week ago and received passes in the US mail yesterday.  Guess I should open it to see if they are all there.

Question......

I am thinking about selling a machine I registered and would want to switch registration to another machine.

Impossible, or can it be done?  (With a fee of course.......)

Thanks for the input.

Scott

Archived