2017 Permits on Sale - Who will be first

02Sled

9 hours ago, Big Pete said:

So with a shipping date of Oct 13 I think it's a pretty safe bet the permit is lost. And I  am assuming you selected the standard shipping so now the onus is on you to obtain the police report (for permit lost in transit) and then pay your $15.00 replacement fee to get a new permit. Your $22.50 savings has virtually evaporated. 

Impressed now?

Not really :-)  And, yes, I chose standard shipping.

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

It used to be $10 for a replacement. Did it go up? Police report is a phone call. I had to make one for my mom and it took 5 minutes on the phone 

Yes, it went up this year.

33 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

I don't like having to do it on the internet, but it seems to have worked.  Ordered last weekend of October, received notice of shipment a week ago and received passes in the US mail yesterday.  Guess I should open it to see if they are all there.

Question......

I am thinking about selling a machine I registered and would want to switch registration to another machine.

Impossible, or can it be done?  (With a fee of course.......)

Thanks for the input.

Scott

Yes, you can do that, but I do not know the procedure this year.  The $15 fee applies.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks SJ.

I will see if I need to based on the sale happening or not.

It can be done. If I'm not mistaken if the permit isn't on the sled yet it's just a call to the district office who can make the update. At least that's what I was told last year and there wasn't a fee since you were still using the original permit. There is a fee to replace a lost or stolen permit since you need a new one which was $10 but some have suggested that it is now $15

31 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

Just got back to Orillia from Carling. My trail pass was in the mailbox. I guess I made a mistake and did it right.lol

:coffeespit:

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

It can be done. If I'm not mistaken if the permit isn't on the sled yet it's just a call to the district office who can make the update. At least that's what I was told last year and there wasn't a fee since you were still using the original permit. There is a fee to replace a lost or stolen permit since you need a new one which was $10 but some have suggested that it is now $15

Thanks 02,

Not yet affixed, so I will wait to see if I should.

Scott

Received permits this week. First time online.  What a sterile process.

• No information in the 'package' (what an opportunity to connect with riders - just a basic newsletter ... to 100,000 people);
  • the provision for "Member Club" was blank;
  • I compared it to the old paper systems that had a box "Do you want to volunteer?" -- don't recall if that was an option in this online order process (hopefully, it was). 

Pay your money, get a permit, ride. Repeat next year.

What's funny is I found old envelopes from 2006 during a recent purge - Wawa (permit 1); Iroguois Falls - Jackpine club (permit 2) .... incredible introductory letters, community info, Trail Guide from the club that you purchased from.  An entire package of information. Night and day. 

48 minutes ago, Canuck said:

• No information in the 'package' (what an opportunity to connect with riders - just a basic newsletter ... to 100,000 people);
  • I compared it to the old paper systems that had a box "Do you want to volunteer?" -- don't recall if that was an option in this online order process (hopefully, it was). 

What's funny is I found old envelopes from 2006 during a recent purge - Wawa (permit 1); Iroguois Falls - Jackpine club (permit 2) .... incredible introductory letters, community info, Trail Guide from the club that you purchased from.  An entire package of information. Night and day. 

I guess it's the way of the future... nobody talks to anybody etc. Totally impersonal. I see people texting each other in the same room. Open your mouth and actually speak to the person. A friend has declared the cottage a technology free zone for his kids. They were texting each other sitting around a fire on the beach.

Online shopping is definitely growing and I can see it for many "commodities".  But now you have Wayfair with people buying couches, beds etc. online.  Sorry but I like to sit on the couch and lay on the bed before I buy something that significant.

The convenience of ordering the permit online is nice for some who aren't near one of the former permit sellers but I did enjoy going into the local sled dealer, gas station etc. that was a permit seller and just saying hi. I used to make it an excuse for a drive north during the in between season.

18 hours ago, Canuck said:

It would be nice if the OFSC would provide the selected club with contact information for the purchaser so that the club could attempt to continue to personalize the transaction.

42 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It would be nice if the OFSC would provide the selected club with contact information for the purchaser so that the club could attempt to continue to personalize the transaction.

I thought the clubs had access to this online? Via the online clubhouse, maybe?

35 minutes ago, Blake G said:

I thought the clubs had access to this online? Via the online clubhouse, maybe?

We do!

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Your club can get that information from the district office. We do regularly and use mail chimp to send information to our permit buyers.

33 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Thanks Gentlemen, I asked about it several times and was always told no we couldn't.

Actually your question prompted me to get the information for this years permit buyers so I can update our distribution list of emails on mail chimp.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Thanks Gentlemen, I asked about it several times and was always told no we couldn't.

Were you told that by your district, or was it your club?

Which club are you with?

4 hours ago, Blake G said:

Were you told that by your district, or was it your club?

Which club are you with?

I've brought it up a couple of times at club meetings while discussing our declining membership. I was told it was privileged information.

I'm at St Clements.

I will be sending out an email today.

This is good to know, thanks again.

45 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I've brought it up a couple of times at club meetings while discussing our declining membership. I was told it was privileged information.

I'm at St Clements.

Permit buyer contact information is confidential, and the OFSC makes the information available to each club selected by the buyers. The club is then responsible for maintaining confidentiality, and for using the information responsibly.

I am not sure how each of the various clubs decides exactly who would have access to the contact information. It might be the club president only, or maybe the club executive, or perhaps the club board of directors??

25 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I'm at St Clements.

As previously mentioned the contact information needs to be protected. This is actually a law. Personal Information Protection Of Electronic Data Act. PIPEDA. The accumulation and use of that information is very sensitive. It can be used for snowmobile club purposes only and you if requested must remove their information from the database. 

Sales numbers should be available to club members but the audience for the contact info very restricted 

On 11/18/2016 at 9:01 AM, AC+YA said:

I don't like having to do it on the internet, but it seems to have worked.  Ordered last weekend of October, received notice of shipment a week ago and received passes in the US mail yesterday.  Guess I should open it to see if they are all there.

Question......

I am thinking about selling a machine I registered and would want to switch registration to another machine.

Impossible, or can it be done?  (With a fee of course.......)

Thanks for the input.

Scott

Scott

We transferred scotts permit last year to his new sled fairly easy they sent the forms in a email we had to sign the form and it was done

Transfer a seasonal or classic permit to a new sled (same owner/different sled)
Complete: BOX A, BOX B, BOX C, BOX E and BOX F (if a new permit is required) $10

Greg

We ordered our 3 permits different addresses at the end of october

received a email our permits shipped 11/9/2016

we live within a mile of each other we got 2 permits

1 still missing contacted ofcs this morning got a email to wait till 1st week of december if he still did not receive permit to get back in touch to them

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 3:19 PM, zrtkat said:

Scott

We transferred scotts permit last year to his new sled fairly easy they sent the forms in a email we had to sign the form and it was done

Transfer a seasonal or classic permit to a new sled (same owner/different sled)
Complete: BOX A, BOX B, BOX C, BOX E and BOX F (if a new permit is required) $10

Greg

Thanks Greg,

I will do the same, but have not sold the old machine yet.

Waiting to see what happens.

Scott

2 of us got our permit ,1 still did not come they where all shipped november 9th ,contacted OFSC she said to let them know if it did not come by December,

Will see what they say about it this week,

Anyone else have any problems like this ????

Will let u know what they say

Greg

Gonna be cheaper rooms and more roomy nights at just 2 guys .... hee hee ....

2 hours ago, zrtkat said:

2 of us got our permit ,1 still did not come they where all shipped november 9th ,contacted OFSC she said to let them know if it did not come by December,

Will see what they say about it this week,

Anyone else have any problems like this ????

Will let u know what they say

Greg

no...got mine quick...I'm in the US (North Dakota)...ordered 10/21 and got it 10/29

2017%20ON%20Trail%20Permit_zpsvjcqtsfb.j

I'm impressed that they got it to you with all that information on the shipping label covered up in orange,

Archived