2016 Haliburton Trail and Snow Conditions

Sounds and looks good Nunz. Glad to hear you guys had a good day.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good to hear of your rides. A tad cold to be riding today, but we shall see. gobills, I think that area is between the ponds that we cant groom. Regardless, we will check that on tonites run.

Livin'

good to hear of your rides. A tad cold to be riding today, but we shall see. gobills, I think that area is between the ponds that we cant groom. Regardless, we will check that on tonites run.

Livin'

Sounds good ya I know where your talking about. It's still got water in it so ya understand the groomer can't get through. It's the rest of the trail that's pretty rough. Just don't want it to be misleading for people. Great job on working with what we have btw. Could not get myself to come out today to the bbq today I'm in by the fire, hope it went well and everyone stayed warm! Cheers

Ran from Kinmount to Hali to Minden and back to Kinmount today. Trails were pretty good. The Minden trails (which were limited) were very good in my opinion.

They are staked, someone else is doing the reporting now... looks like they are late.

Livin'

Hey, you guys get any snow up there today, especially south of Kinmount. We actually got 4 or 5 inches in Oshawa. The grass has finally been covered. Don't know for how long though, supposed to warm up by the weekend.

They are staked, someone else is doing the reporting now... looks like they are late.

Livin'

Will miss your updates. They were accurate and timely. Hopefully the new person does as good a job and this lateness is just them getting familiar with it.

For those of you that don't know Redstone,Kennisis Red Pine,Clear,Sherbourne,Hawk,Raven,StNora lakes are all staked. Be careful of the rocks and stumps when running through the start of  sherbourne  hard to see.Trail 62 tall pines opened up last night in case you want to miss the lakes. New staking on Kennisis to paddy's Bay due to Dam construction this year. You can run to the end of kennisis and hook up on west shore then reconnect to Red Pine if you want to avoid 62. Dorset downtown road running was really good. Hardly any asphalt running to the fire tower.

Thanks for the update WunderF.

Not gone, just doing some other stuff. As soon as they get that dang computater fired up we will back in business.

Livin'

Trip report: Short route starting on the B at the Beech River and heading north. Wow, talk about bumps! I'd give it a 3 at best but the good news is that it gets much better at the pit, which is just before the dump. From there to Hawk Lk is smooth sailing, 7. I wanted to check the lakes so I headed up Hawk and across Sherbourne to hook up with 64. Took 64 east to D101B. 64 was very nice and would rank an 8. At D101B I headed north. 9 to 9.5! Near perfection until Raven Lk at which point it got a bit rougher(7) until 61where it went back to being really nice. I only rode to the T on D101B and turned around to take 61 to Raven. I was sure that the OFSC map showed 61 as green but there is a trail closed sign so back down the B101B to Raven. Down Raven to 64 west. Once again 64 was very good. A bit slippery on corners with the fresh snow but smooth and nice riding. Turning onto 62 it got a bit rougher but still not bad, 6. Down Red Pine, Clear, Hawk and home again. Other than that bit of B thats a mess the trails are in great shape with 3-4" of fresh snow. Lakes were all staked.

Just checked OFSC map, 61 closed.

post-22300-0-13675700-1455762149_thumb.jpg

How was ox narrows?

Didn't go down to Ox Narrows but Kushog is staked for the B crossing and there have been lots of sled tracks on Kushog for a few weeks.

Ran up to Dwight today. For anyone coming up in the near future that isn't familiar with the area, lakes specifically. Please use caution on Hawk and Sherbourne where they both narrow down. There are a lot of tracks from people running the open water at the narrows so don't assume that its safe to just follow tracks. If you don't want to do some water skipping make sure you stay to the closest shoreline to the stakes. Stay to the left side of the stakes going north and the right side coming south.

Thanks for the update jrhz06. Your avatar picture is amazing.

OMG I ran the B from Carnarvon to Hawk lake today.. AVOID THAT TRAIL!  I would be amazed if its been groomed once this year...  Theres lots of snow on it, its every 6 feet piled into lovely 2 foot whoops.

64 was AMAZING, lakes in good shape as well.  Hopefully we don't get too much rain tonight.

OMG I ran the B from Carnarvon to Hawk lake today.. AVOID THAT TRAIL! I would be amazed if its been groomed once this year... Theres lots of snow on it, its every 6 feet piled into lovely 2 foot whoops.

64 was AMAZING, lakes in good shape as well. Hopefully we don't get too much rain tonight.

Ya and it's green!

Ya and it's green!

Its fine, as long as you don't want to go faster than 5-10 mph. Gives you time to look at the scenery.

Not a problem when riding a Cat.  ;)

ChainsawCarver, The trails have certainly been groomed this year. Trail conditions were not reported properly this week due to circumstances beyond my control. The issues that resulted in the poor trail conditions and inaccurate reporting have been resolved. Please refer to the trail conditions report on http://www.hcsa.ca/trails as the interactive guide is currently not up-to-date. This will be corrected before the end of the weekend.

Effective immediately, HCSA’s first-class team of groomer operators and myself are once again handling grooming operations.

Livin'

Tall Pines Trail 62 north from Kennisis Dam is being groomed tonight Feb. 19, 2016.  It is really a GREAT tool that they can post in real time where their groomers have recently been. I really like "Where are our groomers?" on their website.  Why can't other clubs do this?  I think that groomers are now equipped with gps.

Archived