2016 Haliburton Trail and Snow Conditions

Please see IG for update on part of trail 11. Stakes will be removed ASAP on the lakes in question due to pressure cracks and open water spots, the HCSA website and Facebook will be updated to reflect the same info shortly.

Livin'

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have ridden the trails extensively for over 30 years as my cottage is in Halliburton. The rail trail is an ESP trail and can be groomed with little snow as its a rail bed. It also see the majority of traffic. The B needs and those in the know can confirm at least a foot of snow which we haven't really had this year. For example the 9 hasn't even openedthis year and is a similar area that needs snow and cols to freeze up the wash outs and swampy parts. I'm not part of the executive but it bothers me when I see ill informed rants. No wonder the turnover is what it is on some clubs. There is more to the story here, this hasn't been a banner year for snow. When we have gotten some we have quickly lost it.

Did you read Jhrz06's post?? Or my Post??  We are not talking about trail 9!!  We do not need more examples but thanks! We both understand what it takes to open the trails and the work that goes into the system.  We realize that this is a horrible year for snow as I'm sure  all sledders realize that.  

We are questioning the consistency of the grooming on one certain part of the system not the whole thing.  Im glad to hear that some people ran it on Sunday and it had been fixed up.  

Also thanks  to anyone reporting things on  ice surface's its appreciated by all!!

:cheers:

Did you read Jhrz06's post?? Or my Post??  We are not talking about trail 9!!  We do not need more examples but thanks! We both understand what it takes to open the trails and the work that goes into the system.  We realize that this is a horrible year for snow as I'm sure  all sledders realize that.  

We are questioning the consistency of the grooming on one certain part of the system not the whole thing.  Im glad to hear that some people ran it on Sunday and it had been fixed up.  

Also thanks for thanks to anyone reporting things on and ice surface its appreciated by all!!

:cheers:

I rode the freshly groomed B on Sunday and there was LOTS of snow. The trail was absolutely stellar.

This might be the best weekend of the year coming up if we get hammered with the snow they are calling for.

x2 !!!

Why wait for weekend? Lol..

Why wait for weekend? Lol.

.You are so right. Get out and ride every day and "pull out a win" late in the season.

Broke the 2000 km mark today. Not bad for a crappy winter.

Nicely done on the 2000 k.

I'm hoping I can get close to that before this all melts.

Snowing heavily.

Lots of snow! Groomers have been out non stop!! Could be the best weekend of the season.

Livin'

Lots of snow! Groomers have been out non stop!! Could be the best weekend of the season.

Livin'

Best post - best news of the season ! Thanks Livin' !

Awesome!   Ran some of the trails today, was hard going on my short track, can't wait to ride some nicely groomed trails!

Livin'

glad to hear it,thx for all you do livin

Did a quick run on the B from Carnarvon up to Hawk Lake. Great job guys! The grooming has made this section 100% better. Looks like the groomer broke through on one of the swamps. We stopped and chatted with the groomer on our way back and I asked him about the swamp. He said he broke through and that it was a couple of feet deep. There is a path around the water so no water skipping is needed. We were both surprised where he broke through as that usually isn't a problem spot. The questionable spots were fine as he went right over them, no problem.

Thanks Livin', your guys did a great job.

Big thanks goes out to the Haliburton groomers. We left this morning from Fenelon falls and went up through Haliburton to the Hydro line up to Whitney. We came back through some side trails and back to Fenelon.280 km ride.Everything was groomed perfectly.

Great job guys thanks again

Heading up there in the morning. Hoping groomers will be out tonight. Looks like it could be last weekend to ride with the temps. rising next week.

Heading up Sunday for a rip.. Keep the groomers Rollin!!

Might head up sunday also. Hopefully trails aren't to beat up by then. Going tomorrow. Anybody been on the B112 from B103 and 4 between Minden and Carnarvon. Are they alright to ride. Going to start in Fenelon, go to Minden, to Carnarvon to Haliburton and maybe some smaller trails between Hali. and Fenelon on way back.

Groomers will be out every nite!! All trails asked about have been groomed. Rode from the clubhouse to Kushog and the groomers were doing a really good job. All of them said the same thing, happy to see snow in the drag!! 

Livin'

Archived