2016 Haliburton Trail and Snow Conditions

Thanks Livin. Just about to head out for a few hours.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back. Had a great ride today. Trails were in great shape, not to busy. Fenelon to Hali. to Carnarvon-thought i might be lost, but found my way. Then to Minden and back to Fenelon. Didn't realize there was so much road running. Beautiful day for riding. Hoping for one more ride sunday.

I hope that we have some HCSA Groomers on this thread.  Love to hear all the great Kudos about their grooming.  Our facebook page has similar Kudos.  Great job guys keeping our trails to well groomed!

Had a nice ride with the family today. We rode up to Dwight and back. Took the B from Carnarvon up to Hawk Lake then ran the lakes to 64 and over to the D101B and up to Dwight. Same route on the way back. So much snow!!!! Trails were great, lakes a bit bumpy but not too bad. Overall one of the best days of the year for a ride.

Best grooming of the day was..........................B from Carnavon up to Hawk Lake. Awesome job HCSA!

Note: MNR are putting logs back into the dams so the lakes are getting a bit wet and slushy under the snow.

Had an amazing day today went to barrys bay and back. Took trail 4 to the b all the way there. Hcsa has done an amazing job of the trail to whitney. After whitney it gets rough along the rail trail. They have a broken groomer so not much they can do. Miles of smiles today.

It was busy coming back with a few groups of ass hatts sideways around the corners. Be careful out there everyone I saw a lot of blown corners today. Mini me and myself had a great day today. Minus a few close calls.

Lunch at spectacle Lake Lodge as always was great . Best ride of the year for myself. Thanks livin and groomer operator,and volunteers what a great day.

post-19718-0-86568600-1457138916_thumb.jpg

I couldn't believe on trail 4 from Carnarvon to Minden, i'm going over hills and there is 2 feet of groomed snow on the right side of trail,no tracks. It's a narrow trail and people are just going right down the center of trail. I also had a deer jump out, about 20 feet in front of me. I could have caught up and slapped him on the azz. Thanks to Livin and all the groomer operators for doing a great job.

Fixed the post for you.

If you review the picture on your computer, you can usually rotate it and post the rotated picture.

Hope this helps.

BTW, love the Mini Me reference and picture :right_on:

I couldn't believe on trail 4 from Carnarvon to Minden, i'm going over hills and there is 2 feet of groomed snow on the right side of trail,no tracks. It's a narrow trail and people are just going right down the center of trail. I also had a deer jump out, about 20 feet in front of me. I could have caught up and slapped him on the azz. Thanks to Livin and all the groomer operators for doing a great job.

Thats okay ..

About 10 kms south of Whitney, out of the hydro lines area of Algonquin 2 huge moose just walking calmly down the trail. Since i was on top of a hill looking down, to me they blended into the scenery like the other rocks in that section.

Until one of them turned sideways to hear me coming up .. put the binders on .. and we had a stare down. Reeved up the sled a bit and they put some spring in their step and broke trail and into the bush.

Thats okay ..

About 10 kms south of Whitney, out of the hydro lines area of Algonquin 2 huge moose just walking calmly down the trail. Since i was on top of a hill looking down, to me they blended into the scenery like the other rocks in that section.

Until one of them turned sideways to hear me coming up .. put the binders on .. and we had a stare down. Reeved up the sled a bit and they put some spring in their step and broke trail and into the bush.

Moose! They are crazy animals!

Thats okay ..

That would be an awesome sight. Them things are huge.

Who was out today. What are conditions like. Think it will be okay to ride tomorrow. Thanks for any info.

Should be just fine for a good rip! Another great day today! Cold tonight so things should be great with a pass of the groomer.

Thanks. I'll get out for one more ride tomorrow.

Just got back from a 200 km ride. To Carnarvon and back. Can you get gas in Carnarvon, the only station i saw was closed down. Another beautiful day for riding. Wasn't even very busy. Started in Fenelon, lots of bare patches near Fenelon on way back. Probably done there. Nice and smooth from Fenelon to Kinmount. Bumpy from Kinmount to Haliburton. Head lake and about a km on other side are very rough. B trail was in great shape. The 8 trail was really rough into Carnarvon. Only put on 920 km's this year and 600 was in last 9 days. Lets hope for more snow in the south next year.

No gas in Carnarvon. The Esso closed down a couple of months ago.

No gas in Carnarvon. The Esso closed down a couple of months ago.

Thanks. Where can you get gas around there.

No where that's really close. Depending on the direction you're going. North, Hawk Lake marina, south, Minden, east Haliburton or Eagle Lake.

No where that's really close. Depending on the direction you're going. North, Hawk Lake marina, south, Minden, east Haliburton or Eagle Lake.

Big Hawk Lake Marina has run out of gas and has closed gas service for the season. He removed his gas signs from the trails a couple of hours ago. The Fat Lady is in the final chorus now...

Thanks guys. Won't be needing and more gas this year anyways.

Beauty day.. From fenelon all the way to Whitney.

Trails are rough, and pretty much non existent by the time you hit fenelon in the afternoon.

Even top of Hali was showing dirt and rocks..

Looks like this could of been my last ride with incoming weather.

Kinmount is still showing green ?

Tell me that its just no one has updated the system ?

Archived