2016 Haliburton Trail and Snow Conditions

Gobills, enough for us to go!! Whitney done last nite and again today. We have a couple of groomers down but all remaining groomers will be out in the next couple of hours!!

Livin'

Assuming it must be the trails north of Haliburton and headed towards Whitney that are okay?

The rail bed is showing red all the way into hali as of tonight .. 

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It won't be for long!! Updates coming in the AM after tonites run.

Livin'

Beauty, saw it went yellow.

I'll drag my butt up there tomorrow and go for a rip.

Hey Inferno. Where are you starting at and what time. There might be a group doing the lake of bays tour so i am going to head up there if it's still on. If not maybe i can meet you, if you want someone to ride with.

Absolutely.

Launching from kinmount and destination unknown. Perhaps to Whitney for lunch and back??

Where do you park in Kinmount. What time will you get there.

As you enter kinmount, youll cross a bridge and you will want to make an immediate left turn. As you go down that road everyone parks there, and the trail system is right there as well.

Im thinking of arriving around 945 or 10 ish ..  ill send you me cell number via PM if you want to txt me.

Ok. I'll text you in morning if i am coming. I'll pm you my cell in case something comes up. Doesn't look the lake of bays tour is happening.

Heading to Whitney around lunch time to meet party coming from pembroke,

May see you on trail

Can park in the museum parking Lot too, beside the chineese place. Trail right behind there, gets you off the road.

Can park in the museum parking Lot too, beside the chineese place. Trail right behind there, gets you off the road.

Thank you.

Just a heads up the stakes on Kennisis lake had been moved due to a pressure crack thats getting dangerous. Also the portages from Kennisis to Hawk lake have been groomed by a new portable homemade groomer . Looks like it does an outstanding job . Will post more trail info after the weekend as I have taken Monday off as well to get on the trails and ride.Safe riding everyone.

Just a heads up the stakes on Kennisis lake had been moved due to a pressure crack thats getting dangerous. Also the portages from Kennisis to Hawk lake have been groomed by a new portable homemade groomer . Looks like it does an outstanding job . Will post more trail info after the weekend as I have taken Monday off as well to get on the trails and ride.Safe riding everyone.

Thanks for update.

Not only were the stakes re-routed on Kennesis, there was open water in the small bay getting onto Kennesis from the portage ( sw of the dam ). Not sure if there was good ice under there and not sure how deep it is there, did not want to find out. Went over the island and got on the lake from there. There was a large pressure ridge forming across the lake at that point. No problem yesterday, but sure to change with the low temps last night.

Getting onto Redstone at the narrows coming from Little Redstone, large open water crack. Wide enough to catch ski tips if not skipping fast enough. Went around to the left - solid ice OK. 

Lakes are getting tricky. Be careful out there.

post-23147-0-06454200-1456492964_thumb.jpg

post-23147-0-21569300-1456492973_thumb.jpg

Not only were the stakes re-routed on Kennesis, there was open water in the small bay getting onto Kennesis from the portage ( sw of the dam ). Not sure if there was good ice under there and not sure how deep it is there, did not want to find out. Went over the island and got on the lake from there. There was a large pressure ridge forming across the lake at that point. No problem yesterday, but sure to change with the low temps last night.

Getting onto Redstone at the narrows coming from Little Redstone, large open water crack. Wide enough to catch ski tips if not skipping fast enough. Went around to the left - solid ice OK. 

Lakes are getting tricky. Be careful out there.

Was just over Big Redstone (4:30 pm 02/26) and the water crack froze over last night.  Much better today, if you stay on the frozen part and stay away from the open water at the narrows between Little and Big Redstone.

Met infernobuster and rode from Kinmount to Whitney. 230 km round trip. Trails were very good on way up, getting bumpy on way back. Lots of sleds in Whitney. Good ride.

Was that you in my front yard?? I'll recognize that helmet anywhere!!Nice to kinda meet you, I just couldn't go when you guys arrived. Did get a run in later today up to Halls lake area via 103/7/103/b. All trails were in good shape and I enjoyed getting out after not riding for a while. Gonna get out tomorrow with the wife. Don't let the bumps on the Whitney run worry you it is being groomed now, will be brand new in the morning.

Livin'

Was that you in my front yard?? I'll recognize that helmet anywhere!!Nice to kinda meet you, I just couldn't go when you guys arrived. Did get a run in later today up to Halls lake area via 103/7/103/b. All trails were in good shape and I enjoyed getting out after not riding for a while. Gonna get out tomorrow with the wife. Don't let the bumps on the Whitney run worry you it is being groomed now, will be brand new in the morning.

Livin'

That was me. We had a good ride. Hadn't been out for a couple of weeks. Inferno sets a nice pace.

Did anyone run the lakes from redstone to Dorset yesterday?

So how are the trails looking after today. Want to get out tomorrow if there holding up alright. Thanks.

Beat to crap! Lakes are great though. B from carnarvon to hawk lake is garbage very large sections still have yet to see a groomer. Very large 3 foot moguls. Very slow! E trail was decent today and trail 4 was suprisgly good considering the lack of snow.

Thanks. Wonder if they are grooming tonight. I want to get out early in morning before it gets to warm. Not suppose to rain until the evening.

Archived