2016 Haliburton Trail and Snow Conditions

VR700 leave that ATV at home!! HCSA is happy to be back in the game again. We DO NOT normally send groomers out during the day, but they will be going out tomorrow at 7AM to pan/pack the trails. After 2 rains and 1 ice event we are basically starting over again, but kept a decent base and received some snow with more on the way. An update will be given tomorrow nite or Thursday morning on the results.

Livin' 

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VR700 leave that ATV at home!! HCSA is happy to be back in the game again. We DO NOT normally send groomers out during the day, but they will be going out tomorrow at 7AM to pan/pack the trails. After 2 rains and 1 ice event we are basically starting over again, but kept a decent base and received some snow with more on the way. An update will be given tomorrow nite or Thursday morning on the results.

Livin'

Awesome to hear :)

Check for updates on our website, we are good to go!! The IG on OFSC will be updated in the AM.

Livin'

livin' if you want this removed, let me know and I will delete it

post-22473-0-64296400-1455160833_thumb.jpg

Beyond pumped.  Thank you HCSA volunteers and especially thank you to Livin'.

^^ x 2

Man, it is SOME nice looking at the HCSA trail status ! Thanks Livin' and all of the HCSA crew for efforts beyond the call.

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO holy smokes great job again LIVIN!! How much snow did you get up there this week??

I don't know what Hali got but 4 mile lake in Coboconk got 6" over the past 2 days.

Blake, no problem leave it up! When we went out yesterday, our expectations were low but a little snow here and there  has really made a difference. The pictures and reports back from the groomers were unexpected. The main trails turned out awesome and stuff listed as yellow just needs more snow. The swampy areas were not groomed, so if you get to one they are passable on sleds and we will see after the weekend if they are passable for a groomer. Lake staking is almost complete... NO STAKES=DON'T GO!

Livin'

Oh I almost forgot, the BBQ is on... it's gonna be cold! All groomers will be out each night on the weekend.

Livin'

Great job guys! Can't wait to get up there this weekend.

Just got back from Minden. Sunny in Minden and squals in Carnarvon. 3-4" last night in Carnarvon. Haven't seen it snow this hard in a long time. Heading out in a few minutes to check out the B.

2.75 inched in the past 2 hours.

Yes, some good snow coming our way! This is just what is needed here and the groomers will be out tonite. Let us know what you think jrhz06.

Livin'

Wow, we got a lot of snow today. We headed out on the B from about the Beech River towards Hali. Lots of fresh snow, no open water sections anywhere, a few rocks and a bit bumpy but overall I'd give it a 7 out of 10 until just past Camp Towhee. The B after 118 is very bumpy until Regional road 14, which is the intersection of B and B103. Only a 5 out of 10 on this section. We decided to head up to Whitney instead of Hali so off we went towards Eagle Lake and the B north. Great, great, great! 9 out of 10 the whole way to Whitney! The sections that we found a bit rough would be great with a groomer pass so I would expect the weekend trail conditions to be excellent. Suggested route would be up the rail line through Hali and up the B to Whitney. 

Wow, we got a lot of snow today. We headed out on the B from about the Beech River towards Hali. Lots of fresh snow, no open water sections anywhere, a few rocks and a bit bumpy but overall I'd give it a 7 out of 10 until just past Camp Towhee. The B after 118 is very bumpy until Regional road 14, which is the intersection of B and B103. Only a 5 out of 10 on this section. We decided to head up to Whitney instead of Hali so off we went towards Eagle Lake and the B north. Great, great, great! 9 out of 10 the whole way to Whitney! The sections that we found a bit rough would be great with a groomer pass so I would expect the weekend trail conditions to be excellent. Suggested route would be up the rail line through Hali and up the B to Whitney. be safe 

Thanks jrhz06, Great report ! Have not been out yet this season. Working  in LA  until next Thursday, then out on the trails, FINALLY. With all the cold lately, do you think Kennisis and Kawagama will be safe by next week? 

I haven't been over to Kennisis but have been told that its staked. 

I haven't been over to Kennisis but have been told that its staked. 

Great news - Thanks!

Hi All, I received an email from the fellow that stakes Kennissis That it will be done tomorrow. If it's already done ride it, if not don't. If your talking about the ditch trail at rd14 it just got done.(it had a wet area on Wednesday) All the groomers are out and I'm going for a ride now before the temp goes to -10 gamillion!!

Livin'

The rough section of B is from trail 5 over to where it meets B103 at rd 14. Just needs a pass with the groomer. Kinda bumpy. B from rd14/B103 all the way up to Whitney is in great shape.

B from carnarvon to hawk lake is horrible! Sorry livin don't take offence but it's bad and should not be green. There are trees still down, I stoped and moved a few branches that I could move.

I rode today with OntarioF7. We left kinmount at lunch time and rode up to Madawaska. Stopped in at Whitney for fuel and a bite to eat. 280km of great trail riding. Thanks Livin and team. We saw 2 groomers out laying down the white carpet on our way back to Kinmount. Have a great weekend. post-22483-0-21195800-1455332674_thumb.jpegpost-22483-0-85141000-1455332712_thumb.jpegpost-22483-0-26156700-1455332748_thumb.jpeg

Good ride, Gentlemen.

Spent the morning yesterday in the Haliburton Forest, trails were freshly groomed and not very busy at all, took some of the loops at the northern part of it and had a great time, after lunch at the cookhouse we went towards our old cottage right near Moose/Eagle Lakes, trails were mint and about 6 inches of fresh powder, got back to the forest and heading home around 530pm, All in all a great day..

I think his smile yesterday pretty much sums it up!!! Thank you HCSA!!

702780_10153184189317434_1632486394_n.jp12695694_10153184191497434_282631900_n.j

Archived