2016 Haliburton Trail and Snow Conditions

Yes, Vr 700 I put on that many Km's. Like my name says, I literally live on the B103 just north of Kinmount!! .3 of a Km from my garage door to the trail. No miles on the trailer other than 1st warranty break in service for sleds at dealer. The weather is already turning in our favour and HCSA will be back at it ASAP.

Livin'

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see the trails are limited in and around Haliburton. Do you think they will be rideable on the weekend.

Good to see some folks got the trail reporting sorted out. Ox Narrows is hosting the Vintage Sled show this weekend and is a cool event. Go to http://www.oxnarrows.com

Working on it now.

Livin'

Several of the HCSA directors have been involved with trail 16. No likelihood for this year, but next year is a real possibility. We can all thanks the loggers for that closure. Seems to be a problem that needs to be addressed from higher up, as more and more clubs are seeing poor levels of co-operation with logging Co's province wide.

Livin'

Are trails around Minden to Haliburton and area worth riding tomorrow.

Livin', are people still running the trail, or are we staying off as should?

you would want a new sled after running it, if you even made it far enough to get out. Certainly from the Sherborne side

There was A track up it from the y16/64 inter section last weekend but there are some old trap lines and a few ponds back in there.

Not necessaeyes to run it. Take Sherborne lake north arm to the old access trail up to 64. Saves a fair bit of time compared to running to the dam on Sherborne

We ride the b hydro line from Eagle to Whitney, and back today,

Was surprised at how nice it was,little bumpy on the bush trail south of Whitney, but overall, very good,

great job by the groomer crew!

5 out of 6 groomers were out last nite the b103 rail line and beyond Hali is green. The b to Whitney is green. the E is green. The B west of Kushog is yellow, although the lake is not staked. The B112 and 4 around Minden were groomed last nite as well. We will update on the HCSA site in a minute and send in for the IG to be updated so you can go by the HCSA website until that is done. Gone Sleddin'

Livin'

Great job Livin! Headed up tomorrow,

Hopeful that rain is the white stuff, and trails aren't beat up to badly from today.

Groomers back out on most trails tonight. Don't know what rough trails you rode gobills but we rode over 260 km's today and I can still type. Not enough traffic to beat the trails up too bad monte 1214, but most will get cleaned up tonight.

Livin'

I went back and forth on the b to hawk lake. Then on the b to haliburton through the swamp. Then rail line to 112 and trail 4. Then putted around on the lakes in the afternoon. Great day just some really rough spots. Just need some snow. Where did you guys get to?

Thanks for the update Livin!

Appreciate all of the Hard work!

Thanks for the update Livin!

Appreciate all of the Hard work!

X2 thanks Livin

We rode the b103 to b to Whiney and back. Side trip on the E trail. All was good. Even the rail line held up on the way home. The swamp north of Hali is sled packed only, no groomers going through there yet. Whitney run got skipped last nite, but should be pretty good still.

Livin'

Not that I'm recommending running Boshkung, but if you do there's a very large pressure crack/ridge running from the Beech river diagonally SW that looks to run about 3/4 of the way across the lake. 

Ran up to Spectacle lake lodge from kinmount and back with Monte. Trails were pretty good this morning. Not so good now due to the warm up now.

Thanks for the excellent effort HCSA!

Welcome back jrhz06!! barbech, glad you and monte got a ride in before the rain. Wish we could do more, but all HCSA trails are closed due to the warm temps and rain. I don't think I need to say this, we will be back soon!!

Livin'

Closing the trails is a great idea. Hoping there is some help from old man winter soon so we can have the privilege of running the rest of HCSA trails

Closing the trails is a great idea. Hoping there is some help from old man winter soon so we can have the privilege of running the rest of HCSA trails

X2, I am planning on doing my first RAP tour two weeks tomorrow. Starting from Kinmount and hoping for green trails...on the IG!

Archived