Advice re Cargo Trailer

Blake G

We need to find a large butter tart graphic for the sides of his new trailer, forget the Cat or Poo graphics. :D

post-21351-0-41950800-1448034887_thumb.png

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great idea. /#$@!& the diet!

a bunch of us could legitimately put them on our sleds I think

I'm sure there's a new handle for an OC forum member centred around the tart. Anyone got any ideas?

Blake, when you go to pick it up, it going the scenic route, and not the 400/401 route, you have to stop in at http://www.annamaes.ca/ for a meal.  They may not have butter tarts, (not sure) but they have the best pecan pie, which is really just a larger version of a butter tart.  Greast food, all homemade, and really reasonable prices.  If not in the mood for pecan pie, you have to try the cheesecakes.

MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.Cheesecake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blake, when you go to pick it up, if going the scenic route, and not the 400/401 route, you have to stop in at http://www.annamaes.ca/ for a meal. They may not have butter tarts, (not sure) but they have the best pecan pie, which is really just a larger version of a butter tart. Greast food, all homemade, and really reasonable prices. If not in the mood for pecan pie, you have to try the cheesecakes.

Good to know, Dave. Always interested in finding good food stops!

in search of the ultimate tart.... hmmmm

• 4 weeks later...

Not impressed.

Action Trailers called today to let me know they have received the Neo trailer I ordered. Apparently the man door has been installed on the curb (normal) side. This is not what I want. When placing the order I discussed the door placement at length, explaining that I wanted it on the driver's side for ease of access when moving gear back and forth between the trailer and the driver's side of the tow vehicle, as well as between the trailer and the side door of my house and storage area when at home. I did a lot of delivery truck work in my younger days, and nothing beats a driver's side door for access to the cargo area. The main reason for my placing a custom order, as opposed to buying off a lot, was to get the door where I wanted it. Action told me this would be no problem, and I have a copy of my invoice, showing the $100 surcharge for the altered door placement. Somebody dropped the ball at Action Trailers or Neo. 

Action has made me three offers: Accept the trailer as is, and they will throw in a free spare tire; reorder the trailer from the manufacturer with an estimated delivery date of eight weeks; refund my $500 deposit.

Rant complete.

Not a big deal, but kind of disappointing. It's bad enough having to ride an Arctic Cat. LOL

Sorry to hear Blake.

Blake, I drive past Sheppards Trailers on Hwy 11 Southbound just north of Orillia, Haven't talked to them but they seem to have a decent selection there, Either way sorry about your situation.

Nunz

Sorry to hear about this, Blake.  When I ordered my Triton, I chose the man door at the driver's side as well.  The thought was that if I had to get into the trailer while on the road, I didn't want to climb the snowbank.  Let us know what you decide to do.

Get them to put in a rush order at their expense or give you a trailer to use until the new one comes in. I ordered a new 2015 tractor this spring because they wouldn't give me a discount on the 2014. The dealer pulled a fast one and delivered the 2014 and called it a 2015 on the paperwork. After using the unit for a few days and Dam thing wouldn't start in the morning. The dealer told me it was stale fuel. Then I asked them why a new unit has stale fuel. Then I checked the serial plates and called manufacturer and confirmed it was a 2014. Anyways I get them to take off about 20 percent, since they knew exactly what they were doing. Makes you wonder how many people have been defrauded. There excuse was the manufactuer shipped them a 2014 instead of the 2015 and no one in the shop had time to check serial numbers. I then showed them the pic of the missing spot in the snowbank where the 2014 was sitting (that is the one they delivered to me as 2015) It was plain fraud. I got my discount plus some.

The $100 for custom door placement almost seems too low.  Sorry to learn of this development.

Wondering if you can't call the distributor to see what's available in your configuration (if any). That's one good thing about Triton - I've seen the same guy (distributor) at shows for years. Paul?? Seems to know where every trailer is, who's got it and who wants to move it.

I like VR700's solution of a loaner trailer.

Good luck Blake.

If you have the serial number of the trailer they built for you. Call the manufactuer and they can tell you exactly when it was built and came off the line. I bet you will find it was built six or so months ago and someone is pulling a fast one on you, hoping you take it and they clear there inventory. I bet it wasn't a mistake at all, since most manufactures won't miss a detail like that on a build sheet. Let us know what you find out. If I found out the build date was before my order date, I would loose it on them and they will give you a way better deal to make it right. Good luck!

This warm spell is bringing out the best in VR700 :-P. Some good info all around, starting with the benefits of driver's side access.

This warm spell is bringing out the best in VR700 :-P. Some good info all around, starting with the benefits of driver's side access.

Just trying to help the guy out. Most people

don't go to the trouble of doing their own

detective work. People get defrauded ever day

and don't even realize. Good luck!

Wish I would have thought of the left side door when ordering my trailer. Would make life so much easier.

Bummer to hear Blake. ... I agree that they might have passed you a prebuilt unit.

I wonder how much it would cost them to add a complete second door on the drivers side. ... HINT HINT. ....

The sales guy at the dealer, Action Trailers in Strathroy, endured half a dozen phone calls with me in November, totaling a good two hours, discussing what I wanted, then took a deposit and told me the trailer would be manufactured by NEO and delivered to Strathroy by Dec 22.

Sales guy called me Friday to say the manufacturer said the trailer was built and ready to ship, and would be arriving in Strathroy this week, ready to have the matting and ski guides installed, and would be ready for pick up this week.

Today the Action Trailers owner called to say they have the trailer on site, and everything "non standard" is as ordered, (locking fuel door, aluminum wheels, ramp door, some kind of fancy stabilizer jacks, non-standard stainless steel centre mounted latch) except that the man door is on the "normal" side.

I am pretty sure everything was done as promised, except that somebody failed to put the door on the correct side. The Action Trailers owner said he did not yet know if the fault was with his salesman or the manufacturer, but the fact is that the door is on the curb side and if I want to get one with the door on the driver's side they would have to reorder and it would take up to eight weeks.

I really don't think they have any fraudulent intent. It's just that someone screwed up.

I like Dennis idea. Have a door on both sides at their cost and be able to get in from both

Bummer to hear Blake. ... I agree that they might have passed you a prebuilt unit.

I wonder how much it would cost them to add a complete second door on the drivers side. ... HINT HINT. ....

In discussing the original order, I asked about having a door on both sides. The sales guy contacted the manufacturer and was told that they didn't want to do that on a trailer so small, but they would be able to put the door on the non-standard side for a $100 surcharge. I will ask Action if they can add a door, but they have already explained to me that they will install matting, ski guides, tongue jacks, etc., but they don't mess with the structure of the trailer.

In discussing the original order, I asked about having a door on both sides. The sales guy contacted the manufacturer and was told that they didn't want to do that on a trailer so small, but they would be able to put the door on the non-standard side for a $100 surcharge. I will ask Action if they can add a door, but they have already explained to me that they will install matting, ski guides, tongue jacks, etc., but they don't mess with the structure of the trailer.

I would not touch the structure either. It is engineered with one door

Thats where i got my trailer from Blake i hope all works out for you.....  I have had to have the man door lock replaced and all of the screws on the trailer...  other than that i love it.  I would see if you can use the trailer until such time that you custom order comes in i think thats a fair compromise.   Its their fault no matter what they are the dealer representing selling the product!!!  A spare tire is worth 150 not worth it IMO!! They place the order and receive the order.  Once the order is placed yes its the manufacturer who will build the trailer and they may have built it wrong BUT!!!!!!  Action accepted the trailer and is now trying to give it to you as  if nothing is wrong.  As far as them installing the mats just do it yourself if you have the time if not then they can do it.

It is what it is, I guess.  But, knowing me, and how stubborn I am, I'd prolly make them rebuild me a new one to spec, Pronto.  Kind of like ordering your custom pickup with a column shift and seating for 6, and getting floor shift and a console ..... in the end, we want what we want because we are who we are. 

Hope you get a happy solution Blake.  And maybe they've got a decent used trailer they can loan you, even if it's not real new, it's something to haul the sled with in the meantime.

Trying to be funny. Sort of like saying a fellow can't have brains and be good looking too. Patently false.

I would not trade me Cats for anything else on the market.

Archived