Groomer falls thru ice

Panther340

Glad the operator is ok. 

glad operator is ok,read some comments...o-boy."now ofsc can raise permit prices"  think I drive along side of some of these people too

Stupid Ontario Redneck. Thoughtless comment about raising passes.  When you think that people actually risk their lives to provide us with our sledding fix, 200 is only 5 cases of beer.  I am sure that guy drinks that in a week out side his trailer.

never seems to amaze me the level of stupid by some.

hope the guy that made the stupid comment is willing to go and share some of his time readying the trails

That groomer operator is one heck of a nice guy and a tremendous asset to our club with so many years of valuable experience.  He's been selected 'Volunteer-of-The-Year' on more than one occasion.  We are all so blessed he came out alive!   

glad the operator is safe. crap happens, this too shall pass. Ski

Glad he is OK.

Glad he is ok. To bad that happened, will sure shake him up for awhile. Don't think I could get back in after plugging into that cold river water. All is well it seems and hopefully insurance covers the groomer too.

Tragic that it happened but I can only imagine how much more tragic it would have been had the groomer operator not gotten out okay. We all have to be careful out there.

" i work around desil engingins and some have sunk over the years pull the plugs drain replace and turn key!"_Worse than the spelling, is someone stating,in writing I might add,that they work on diesel engines,and, all you've got to do is pull the plugs and replace.LOL.I wouldn't want that guy anywhere near my engine.What a knob,hopefully he wants nothing to do with our trail system.

Happy to hear the operator is ok.

Things happen fast, things look a whole lot different sitting in the seat, than they do from the arm chair. Sometimes when things don't go the way you want it takes off fast and there is not much you can do but go for the ride. I was climbing a hill with a soucy tracked groomer, front and rear diffs locked up, climbing fine, before I new it I was sliding down the hill backwards, things could have gone bad, they didn't. If this operator was pushing snow over the bank to make an approach, at some point it would need to be packed, like I say, things happen fast. As Dan said, a great experienced operator, hope he gets back in the seat and puts this behind him.

Archived