2nd Annual OC Late Season Ride??

sledjunk

X2. Have great time and don't forget to write and tell us how much fun you are having :)

x3

Wish I could have joined you.

In case you miss work .... :-P

http://youtu.be/yOmZeXIVqTk

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decisions, Decisions.....

Get your A$$e$ up here

Were out. Sorry guys, enjoy the snow without us....

Maybe we can all do a ride next year in march! I would love to do the big loop!

Sooo how are the trails? Having fun?

Sooo how are the trails? Having fun?

Everyone had a excellent time yesterday doing the Canyon Loop,trail was awesome !! Started day with a nice little 2to3 inches of fresh snow and some cold temps.

So many sleds at Canyon Base Camp that had to ration fuel to 15lts per sled.

Awesome !  Anyone take photos ?  We're drooling here !!!

Trails were great for late season, but were deteriorating quickly.  I had a self induced problem with the PB80 clutch on Thursday and temporary repairs were made trailside.  Friday morning was spent fixing things and then we went out for a ride but our loop was cut short when the trail turned to a fully ploughed road.

Saturday morning before breakfast, I slipped on a patch of ice in the hotel parking lot and fell hard on my previously injured shoulder and also bruised my ribs.  OF7, ApeXMAN, and Ultrafrozen elected to stay with me to see if I would be able to ride later in the day.  After lunch, I decided that I could not ride so told them to go and have fun.

I guess my PT is starting from scratch again.

In spite of my fall, it was a great weekend, thanks to all that attended.  The list from memory is

OntarioF7

ApeXMAN

UltraFrozen

White Dragon

Bill (WD's Friend)

Fire 242

LindaSledGirl

There was also a large group of 17 staying at the ThriftLodge.

Thanks to the Westway for accommodating us.

Hi-Mileage

Trails were great for late season, but were deteriorating quickly.  I had a self induced problem with the PB80 clutch on Thursday and temporary repairs were made trailside.  Friday morning was spent fixing things and then we went out for a ride but our loop was cut short when the trail turned to a fully ploughed road.

Saturday morning before breakfast, I slipped on a patch of ice in the hotel parking lot and fell hard on my previously injured shoulder and also bruised my ribs.  OF7, ApeXMAN, and Ultrafrozen elected to stay with me to see if I would be able to ride later in the day.  After lunch, I decided that I could not ride so told them to go and have fun.

In spite of my fall, it was a great weekend, thanks to all that attended.  The list from memory is

OntarioF7

ApeXMAN

UltraFrozen

White Dragon

Bill (WD's Friend)

Fire 242

LindaSledGirl

Hi-Mileage

get better soon 

Saturday morning before breakfast, I slipped on a patch of ice in the hotel parking lot and fell hard on my previously injured shoulder and also bruised my ribs.  OF7, ApeXMAN, and Ultrafrozen elected to stay with me to see if I would be able to ride later in the day. 

Yes, I spoke with my buddy UF this morning, he mentioned you took a flip.  Very unlucky fall on the same injured side, sorry to hear.  Hope it heals up alright.

Trails were great for late season, but were deteriorating quickly. I had a self induced problem with the PB80 clutch on Thursday and temporary repairs were made trailside. Friday morning was spent fixing things and then we went out for a ride but our loop was cut short when the trail turned to a fully ploughed road.

Saturday morning before breakfast, I slipped on a patch of ice in the hotel parking lot and fell hard on my previously injured shoulder and also bruised my ribs. OF7, ApeXMAN, and Ultrafrozen elected to stay with me to see if I would be able to ride later in the day. After lunch, I decided that I could not ride so told them to go and have fun.

In spite of my fall, it was a great weekend, thanks to all that attended. The list from memory is

OntarioF7

ApeXMAN

UltraFrozen

White Dragon

Bill (WD's Friend)

Fire 242

LindaSledGirl

Hi-Mileage

I felt so bad for u Dave,but I still think in time we will tell the story of the Yamaha problems and the perfectness of all the Brp product this weekend!! LOL !!

But to be serious ,I hope u heal quick and have a great summer.

Later,HM.

I'm glad you guys had a good time. I was thinking about you everyday and wishing I was there. Get well soon Dave.

Sounds like a great bunch of riders and some good conditions.

Sorry to hear about the shoulder. 

Get well soon.

Sorry to hear about your shoulder, hope you recover, at least you have the summer to get better and next winter we will ride my friend... Take care

Nunz

OntarioF7

ApeXMAN

UltraFrozen

White Dragon

Bill (WD's Friend)

Fire 242

LindaSledGirl

Hi-Mileage

Geez, SJ...you've sure had a run of sour luck.  Hope the (re)recovery goes well (and quickly)...glad you had a great time anyway.  Sorry I couldn't be there.

I'd be very interested to hear the details of your PB80 clutch problem, since I run the same clutch, and it has been flawless (touch wood) for over 6,000 kms since it was installed 2 seasons ago.  

Dave, thanks for organizing the late season OC ride. Really enjoyed meeting everyone. To bad you didn't get to ride with us for all of the RAC(Race around Cochrane) tour loops lol.

Hopefully you have a quick and full recovery from your injury.

Glenn(FIRE242)

Dave, you slipped on the ice?  I was right behind you and I thought you were just practicing your wrestling moves.

Get well soon bud!  Thanks again for organizing a great trip.

Thanks sledjunk for setting up another great spring ride and driving me up to Cochrane as well. Great bunch of sledders with lots of laughs and help when needed.

We got gas in NB and I took a pic of SJ's rig when he went in to pay for the gas.I think some of this stuff is top secret tracking and listening equipment. I tried to get him to turn that CB radio thingy on."Breaker-Breaker goodbuddy"

P4090005_zpsf04df693.jpg

Team Yamaha

P4090008_zps40368816.jpg

Someone vandalized this sign LOL

P4090010_zps02e89cae.jpg

Team polaris trying to fix a ski doo..Good thing Fire 242 was there

P4100013_zpseec79309.jpg

Short break on trail, team polaris leads the way with a ski doo

P4100022_zps8d748a2e.jpg

Trails were great for the most part

P4100015_zps882610c9.jpg

We still found dirt

P4110024_zpsb2224a46.jpg

Snow flies..I am still itchy.

P4110025_zpsdfecbac5.jpg

We had to turn around when we found this dirt road south of town on trail L103 that is still marked yellow?

P4110027_zps43bf1e60.jpg

Great way to finish the season ..

Thanks for the ride!

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. Looking forward to fun times next season. 

great pics dean,N.A.I sign is perfect,team yamaha is a fun bunch of guys...thx for posting

Wonderful reports. Thanks for posting.

What an epic winter!

Great Pics ApeXMAN.  Thanks for driving me (2/3's) home.  And OF7 for the other third.  Where is the flea circus video?

Every time I watch this I scratch :-o  They eat plant matter,bacteria,fungi,algae and sledders according to wiki.

Archived