2nd Annual OC Late Season Ride??

sledjunk

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you coming north with us blake...

If I was in to that sort of trip, I'd definitely go with you guys. I like to be home every day for my cat nap.

sj,let me know where we're going.hope trails are good in this area in another wk...

X2 I am off Wednesday 9 to go where ever we have to go..even the NAI if we have too :puke: ...and will bring a sleeping bag and sleep on a arctic cat if I have too :baghead::brr:

There has been a few peeps that have slept in the shop at the NAI.....call if kitchen is closed bring the BBQ....BBQ in shop and have at it.U can keep all those cats and yamahammers warm.....just keep a eye on the doo's lol.

Looking at the IAFG, another possibility might be the Sudbury area?  It is a couple of hours closer to the GTA, and still green as of today. 

Unfortunately, I think this might be a bit of a moving target.

Opinions???  Also, probably would be good to get an idea of how many rooms we might need, so please confirm if you are coming and how many rooms you will require.

Lots of snow in Sudbury.

Stay out of the valley (road running)

North and south are great.

Personally I would run north.

If you guy decide on Sudbury let me know, I'll ride with ya for sure.

BTW from HCS. as of march 31st

Just to let snowmobilers know the canyon trail shows closed but gas will be available Thursdays Fridays Saturdays and Sundays for the next two weeks unless trail conditions become not rideable Call if you need more info 705 272 6370 THX Bill

Lots of snow in Sudbury.

Stay out of the valley (road running)

North and south are great.

Personally I would run north.

If you guy decide on Sudbury let me know, I'll ride with ya for sure.

BTW from HCS. as of march 31st

Just to let snowmobilers know the canyon trail shows closed but gas will be available Thursdays Fridays Saturdays and Sundays for the next two weeks unless trail conditions become not rideable Call if you need more info 705 272 6370 THX Bill

Thanks soupkids.  Thinking of Chateau Guay / Moonlight.  Any opinion on the trail into there?  Will it hold up for another week or so, in your opinion?  What is weather forecast like for the next week?

Honestly I would book with George at the sportmans.

There are a few wet areas that are ok now but if it gets warm and rain it could be a damp experience getting out of there.

Relief is on the way, a bigass Storm Watch is on for Northern Ontario ....

10:44 AM EDT Thursday 03 April 2014
Winter storm watch in effect for:

• Fraserdale - Pledger Lake
  • Kapuskasing - Hearst - Smooth Rock Falls

Snow storm threatening tonight and Friday.

Despite the calendar indicating it is now April, mother nature has decided to send yet another winter storm to Northern Ontario.

Latest analyses show a developing low pressure area over the Southern Plains States this morning. This system will deepen and intensify into a winter storm as it tracks northeast to reach the Upper Great Lakes near Sault Ste Marie by Friday night.

A large area of snow from this deepening low will move into Northeastern Ontario tonight and then become heavy at times on Friday as the storm centre moves closer.

This type of winter storm often produces total snowfall amounts of 15 to 30 cm over the hardest hit areas.

Some ice pellets or freezing rain are possible southeast of a line from Wawa to Timmins.

You know you're a snowmobiler when you look at the above forecast and smile.

If I was in to that sort of trip, I'd definitely go with you guys. I like to be home every day for my cat nap.

don't be a ''pussy'' blake...

don't be a ''pussy'' blake...

I've been called worse. If I claimed otherwise, I'd be lion.

hi dave is there a meeting next week for hoo  mike

Yes Mike.  Tuesday night.

Welcome to the forum!

After looking at the IAFG and weather reports, I have decided that the safest bet would be Cochrane for the OC Late Season Ride.  OF7 and I will be heading up either Tuesday night after the HOO meeting or Wednesday morning (most likely).  We will be staying at the Westway

Who is going to join us and which day should we expect you???

This might be the last chance this season, since the next weekend is Easter. 

bill & i will be up thurs by 4pm...westway it is...thx

if there is only 6 or 8 of us should we overnite at hearst & go see groomer guy...?

After looking at the IAFG and weather reports, I have decided that the safest bet would be Cochrane for the OC Late Season Ride.  OF7 and I will be heading up either Tuesday night after the HOO meeting or Wednesday morning (most likely).  We will be staying at the Westway

Just confirmed, I'll be there Friday morning ready to ride Friday and Saturday.  The wife said I can use her sled, she just doesn't know it yet!  I'll send you a PM.

I will be heading up to. Maybe we can go up in convoy...after the meeting or early start wednesday morming...Westway Ho !

if there is only 6 or 8 of us should we overnite at hearst & go see groomer guy...?

That would be a good run...

I will be heading up to. Maybe we can go up in convoy...after the meeting or early start wednesday morming...Westway Ho !

Sounds like a plan.  PM me your cell # and we can set it up.

Not sure the wing is up for a saddlebag trip yet :-(

Sounds like a plan.  PM me your cell # and we can set it up.

PM sent

we may head up wed nite now,think bill wants to hit 6000 miles this yr...

Any of the 'fence sitters' fall off (one side or the other?)  Hope to see a good group up there this year.  Looks like the Canyon will be open on the weekend, so that is a possibility for one of the days.

BTW, the ride is open to anyone and we do not have to ride the same routes.  If we want to split into different groups based upon riding pace or distance, that is fine.  The main objective is a group get together with a few beverages to meet new people and renew old acquaintances.

In other words, PARTY TIME!!!

Can't make it myself, to much going on this week.

Have a safe trip everyone!!!!! Don't party to hard.

Archived