Permit sale numbers

Faceman

Anyone heard concrete permit sales numbers from the Gov's meetings this weekend? And when is PTS going to be operating?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone heard concrete permit sales numbers from the Gov's meetings this weekend? And when is PTS going to be operating?

Roughly 42,000 is the number posted in the news release from the OFSC

38,000 reg 4000 classic

We talking about 2013 numbers ?

We talking about 2013 numbers ?

Yes the online sales

Ditto on the PTS, when is it going to be up and running.

Clubs need to know who has and haven't purchased permits.

Only 3 weeks left for $210 pricing.

How does who have and haven't make a difference? As long as you know the numbers isn't that key.

50 permit minimum to stay in the ofsc. Ski

How does who have and haven't make a difference? As long as you know the numbers isn't that key.

Three reasons, first is to see how many newbies or persons who had the Free Family Day Long Weekend pass decided to pay to play.

Secondly to e-mail those previous purchasers and encourage them to buy before December 2nd. 

Thirdly, to update our email database.

Of course we could do another mass mailing of a combined thank you for purchasing and if you haven't yet then a friendly reminder.

Three reasons, first is to see how many newbies or persons who had the Free Family Day Long Weekend pass decided to pay to play.

Secondly to e-mail those previous purchasers and encourage them to buy before December 2nd. 

Of course we could do another mass mailing of a combined thank you for purchasing and if you haven't yet then a friendly reminder.

well said

The free weekend thing interests me when it comes to this years purchases to see if it worked

You are talking about the club level are you not? I didn't know the clubs had the names and emails from the Free Family Day Weekend. I thought that was more at the OFSC level. I suspect the OFSC will be compiling that information. I know you can ask your Permit Selling Entity, for us the district for the info on those that selected your club on the permit acquisition (we did). The mass email approach is the one I would be taking and that is why I wondered about the specific who did who didn't aspect. I think you would want to thank those who did and encourage those who didn't.

There is a free service MailChimp that facilitates sending an email without it coming from a personal email address, keeps the email address of those you send it to confidential, has an option for the receiver to unsubscribe and gives you stats on how many are opened and more. There is also a free survey tool SurveyMonkey.

Each Club was given the database for those that chose their club for the Free Family day weekend.

We emailed them all using MailChimp even though OFSC said they were emailing them as well.

MaiChimp works well and is free.

I use it for Club Newsletters too.

I didn't know the clubs had the names and emails from the Free Family Day Weekend

We have the list, you may have missed it. We received it mid spring. 

Once the PTS is available we can finally determine what percentage were upgrades from Free Family or whether they were regulars saving themselves $22.50.

It won't be perfect because some people will buy from another club from one year to the next.

Only the OFSC will be able to determine how many Free Family Day weekend decided to buy a TP this season.

We need at least 10-15% conversion to break even.

Hoping for some good news at the end of the season with the final tallies

If I'm reading the OFSC Media Release correctly, they sold 41,589 permits in the early bird sales of which 42% were new or previous years sales. 58% were repeat buyers from last year. This is great news.

People just love a bargin! Sale price sells! Good news!

42 % more is 17,000 plus permits which equal $3,175,200 if I did the math right.  I would say that promotion worked well.

I am skeptical about those numbers.  I have problems believing that that many people are new or returning after a hiatus.  I think that the numbers get skewed because the online sales do not exactly match the previous permits.  For example, I ordered my permits to be delivered at work.  Does that make me a new purchaser?  The validation of the VIN and registration address was non existent and therefore the numbers are suspect IMO.

I am skeptical about those numbers.  I have problems believing that that many people are new or returning after a hiatus.  I think that the numbers get skewed because the online sales do not exactly match the previous permits.  For example, I ordered my permits to be delivered at work.  Does that make me a new purchaser?  The validation of the VIN and registration address was non existent and therefore the numbers are suspect IMO.

You know that they know exactly who you are!

Not through my tin foil hat!

X2 I would like to believe we have so many new riders I have to admit I never put my VINs on the applications in the past, just lazy I guess so I too may have been considered a new rider.

BINGO - that is fantastic news, much, much better than I would have bet on.

This really sets the stage for a great financial season if the pre-December 2nd sales materialize in the same way.

well lets see if the money trickles down before the snow flies, or be late march for the clubs to get the money coming to them

I know a few people that bought permits for the first time in 3 years. The cheaper permit has helped lure riders back into the sport. Even if you only ride a few times, it is good value to these people. As far as validation goes, my email from last year wouldn't work, so I started from scratch. No record was available from last year either, so I could be a new buyer too.

Archived