Permit sale numbers

Faceman

New buyers...if you read Craig N's release its "new to the online permit system". And how many of those are really "new buyers"?? Not many I suspect. But its still a good start!

I have been sledding for 15+ years and have always purchased directly from my club, always included my VIN number and when I purchased this year online, they had no information on me.  I would agree that the OFSC number for new riders is way out.  I would prefer to wait till January/February to see total permit numbers and compare that with previous years.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been sledding for 15+ years and have always purchased directly from my club, always included my VIN number and when I purchased this year online, they had no information on me.  I would agree that the OFSC number for new riders is way out.  I would prefer to wait till January/February to see total permit numbers and compare that with previous years.

That just depends on who loaded in your permit info for your club.

starting to get a lttle worried, i bought my permit on oct 31 and still have not got it in the mail. i am wondering if they are having processing problems

Took 30 days to get mine

starting to get a lttle worried, i bought my permit on oct 31 and still have not got it in the mail. i am wondering if they are having processing problems

Good thing you paid extra for the secure shipping option.  

It did say on the website when you bought it that due to volume it could take until Dec. 1

It did say on the website when you bought it that due to volume it could take until Dec. 1

Really? I haven't received mine yet either. It should take no more then 10 business days. Lots of people on the trail with thier MasterCard

bill saying they paid for the permit, but it hasn't arrived yet! Maybe I will put my MasterCard bill on my windshield!

Really? I haven't received mine yet either. It should take no more then 10 business days. Lots of people on the trail with thier MasterCard

bill saying they paid for the permit, but it hasn't arrived yet! Maybe I will put my MasterCard bill on my windshield!

I believe you will find that each of the 41,000 permits have some manual processing to get them sent out. The permit document you will receive is a batch run however on each of those pieces of paper there is a sticker that has been peeled off of the permit card and applied to the paper document. This is the permit number. That takes time to do manually and then fold the paper with the permit inside the fold and probably manually put it in the envelope.

I do love your optimism of having trails open before Dec. 1 though. I somehow don't think there's going to be a problem with people riding before Dec. 1 without a permit.

I do love your optimism of having trails open before Dec. 1 though. I somehow don't think there's going to be a problem with people riding before Dec. 1 without a permit.

I think he needs his permit to ride the track stand :rotflmao:

I odered mine the 25th. email said due to high volume of orders, look for it second week of December

I think he needs his permit to ride the track stand :rotflmao:

X 2...LOL!

I ordered our two permits October 24th, and received them last Thursday, November 14th.

2 weeks from when i ordered them, to when they arrived!

It has been 2.5 weeks no permit yet. I am ready to tape MasterCard bill to windshield!

Maybe the mayor of Toronto is handling my permit for me! Might smell real nice when I get it!

It has been 2.5 weeks no permit yet. I am ready to tape MasterCard bill to windshield!

You will do this when you take it back to the dealer too!

You will do this when you take it back to the dealer too!

No need to take it back to dealer. Break in check Is complete. Going to trade it next fall!

I thought you were going to put 20000 KM on it????  Figured you would keep it at least as long as it took you to decide!

I thought you were going to put 20000 KM on it???? Figured you would keep it at least as long as it took you to decide!

I couldn't decide between 600 and 1200 last time. Now the 900 is out my friend!

I thought you were going to put 20000 KM on it????  Figured you would keep it at least as long as it took you to decide!

Easy to do on a track stand!

I couldn't decide between 600 and 1200 last time. Now the 900 is out my friend!

From a 700 Yamaha triple to a "girls sled???" Are you kidding me?  And certainly no offence to the female riders on this forum ( I have two who can ride with most guys any day of the week ) Both were on Doo 800's- a real girls sled..

From a 700 Yamaha triple to a "girls sled???" Are you kidding me? And certainly no offence to the female riders on this forum ( I have two who can ride with most guys any day of the

week ) Both were on Doo 800's- a real girls

sled..

The yamaha was all motor no ride! The only people that say yammies ride well are life long yamaha owners, that have never owned a different brand! The grandtouring has every single feature you would want on a sled. It is amazing! It does everything better except it is a tad slower on top end, being a long track!

Archived