2013/2014 permits

02Sled

The permits are now available on the OFSC website

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 ordered. No delays or issues. Now we need snow!

Just ordered mine! Do u still get the magazines and benefits when ordering the early online permits?

Just ordered 2 permits also. No delays or issues too.  Interesting to see how long the fulfilment takes.

As long as you clicked for member benefits you will get the magazines and other benefits.

Great news! Going to order 2 tomorrow!

There was no area asking about member benefits

Just rechecked and there is an area in your profile edit to check a box to receive the mag.

Just rechecked and there is an area in your profile edit to check a box to receive the mag.

I don't remember seeing it there the first time through but as you say, it's there for sure after you buy your permits.  It would be nice if the option would pop up after you check out.

Would be nice if they had our club in Elliot Lake on the map not 30kms north in Missisaga park.

The site did not work for me.

Four times I entered my contact information, selected a club, and tried to establish a password. But after clicking the button to finalize my information, nothing happened.

I'm glad you mentioned this. That check box is not there until after you check out and leave the site. I wouldn't have known to go back.

Four times I entered my contact information, selected a club, and tried to establish a password. But after clicking the button to finalize my information, nothing happened.

I had the same kind of issue, it would not let me update my password, and the e-mail I used was on file as my wifes e-mail so it populated her name with the wrong address, so I had the permits mailed to the correct address and it said that is where they will be sent, but I am not so sure and they may go elsewhere. The update button did nothing on the edit profile page.

Good thing to do is take 'screen saves' for each page of the process. Last year, clicked on the radio button for the benefits, but for some reason, when pass and paperwork arrived, benefits had not been selected. A quick email to OFSC with picture of selection attached and they fixed it for me. Got the magazines etc.

(screen save - press the 'print screen' button on your keyboard, open (Accessories) -Paint, select Edit-then Paste, and a picture of your screen appears. Use the drop down box in Paint to save it as .gif or jpg)

I had a similar experience.  When you enter your password (remember to use at least one of each , Upper case, lowercase, and number, 8 character minimum) the screen does not really change much and you have to then add sled(s).  After this point, you can buy the permits.  A bit confusing and not very intuitive.  I would give it a 3 out of 10 on ease of use.

I tried the site early this morning, did everything the same as last night, and this time I was able to complete the transaction.

Got mine ordered, good thing I read the above posts.  Like everyone is saying, after you purchase your permit, you have to go back to your profile and then there is the box to check to get the magazine.  They should have mentioned something on the screens where you purchase your permits but it doesn't say anything. Now all we need is snow!!  2 weeks till the snowmobile show !!

post-19770-0-38201900-1381503531_thumb.jpg

Got mine ordered, good thing I read the above posts.  Like everyone is saying, after you purchase your permit, you have to go back to your profile and then there is the box to check to get the magazine.  They should have mentioned something on the screens where you purchase your permits but it doesn't say anything. Now all we need is snow!!  2 weeks till the snowmobile show !!

I think that is because you aren't eligible to receive the mags until you buy a permit. It could have been better placed though and a notice to remind you to go back. My two permits are on the way.

Who should I PM about an issue with the site? I'd rather not post about it here.

There is a contact option in the process that allows you to send a message.

Its was easy except for when it tells u to scroll to the bottom and agree with the terms, i scrolled to bottom of page and tried but after a while realized i have to scroll a certain section. Could be different on the full version as i was navigating with my iphone.

There is a contact option in the process that allows you to send a message.

I tried last evening to order a Trail Permit but no success, I sent a message about my problem through the Contact Option and have not received a reply from OFSC or whom ever is looking after issuing the Permits.

When I go to the site I am told my email address is already registered but my password won't work so I use their get a temporary password system but when I go back and enter all the email and temporary password stuff it keeps rejecting me.

Guess I will have to move to Quebec, at least there I can blame my lack of french for communication problems

I tried last evening to order a Trail Permit but no success, I sent a message about my problem through the Contact Option and have not received a reply from OFSC or whom ever is looking after issuing the Permits.

When I go to the site I am told my email address is already registered but my password won't work so I use their get a temporary password system but when I go back and enter all the email and temporary password stuff it keeps rejecting me.

Guess I will have to move to Quebec, at least there I can blame my lack of french for communication problems

You may be complicating the process. I entered my email and selected "Forgot my Password". The program sent me a link to my email address. I went to my email, clicked on the link and a profile page opened. I entered a new 8 character password with at least one upper case letter, one lower case and a number.  Hit save and bought my permit. Now when I log back in with my new 8 character password all is well. There was no temporary password in my order and the old passwords don't work anymore. It was an easy process.

Archived