was a great ride saturday until.....

ScottyD

saturday morning my buddies and i left sandlake to go to Port Loring to Jakes for lunch, trails were mint all the way up, as usual the food was good at Jakes, on the way back we were on the 104d, plan was to hit the 711 and grab the sequin, hit Sprucedale for gas and head back to Sand lake. It was all great riding untill this punk on a old doo 440 race sled with a riser so tall it looked like it had ape hangers came over the crest in the hill out of control on our side of the trail, my buddy went to the right off the trail to avoid getting hit, i was second in line so now this tard is completely sideways on my side so i went hard left, we hit right sid to right side. i was thrown off my sled to the right, my sled was now up on its right side and the tard had landed about 4ft off the trail, i landed on my back and had the wind knocked out of me. Now the tards buddies had stopped, all backpack wearing tards with 1 riding another old race sled. i figured my my right front suspension was fubared but when we got the sled up right my right top arm had a little tweak in it and the spindle was marked up, my spindle opened the tards sled up like a can opener, i tore his tunnel and folded his right side foot rest flat, caved the tunnel in and kinked it up.

So after some heated words i got $200 from the guy for my damages, the arm is $108 and the rest will cover the gas for going to get parts

i hope that guy got a life lesson on riding like a idiot and i'm impressed at the impact my 1200 took and came away with so little damage

rant over, lol

seems like every year there are less riders and more idiots on the trail, good to see you got out of that with no serious injury

Far too many of these F'tards on the trails. They are a danger to everyone. And stop with the f'ing cans already.

I cannot tell you how many times in the past week I read a sign "Stay on Trail or Permission revoked" just to see tracks right across the farmers field. Really? Are you that stupid!!??

I understand why a landowner would stop allowing the use of their land. Maybe just so those people would have no place to ride.

You just can't fix STUPID!

Glad it wasn't worse than that for you. A little acrobatics, hard landing and lack of air! Could have been a lot worse.

I wonder how these people drive their cars down the highway, probably the same way.

What I've told those test pilots, the ones that have the courtesy to stop, is: "imagine your child, GF, wife or mother riding towards you on the trail. Would you want them running into an Ass-Hat head-on?" They usually see the light and I hope change their ways.

420 kms on a quick overnight trip to Cochrane Saturday past and only one bozo cutting the corner on my side. Glad he was third and not first in his group or there could have been a pile-up. I reached out to wave him over and if he had been an inch closer, I could have punched him in the head. I'm glad I got them out of the way as my wife was close behind.

Funny how on much of the trail, I was on fresh snow while the middle of the trail was well tracked.

The other stupid thing I see is riders following too close and over in the other lane because the lead driver is creating a snowdust cloud. They move back into their lane for oncoming traffic then can't see anything. TOO DANGEROUS, drive for the conditions and back-off.

Sorry to jump in on your rant.

I'm glad to hear it wasnt worse. ... and to get some $ for repairs is a definite bonus. I was fortunate this w/e, about 500Ks and everyone I passed was pretty much well behaved.

I did see one group of snowcrossers ... but I was fueling at the time as these guys jumped off the top of snow banks ... onto ashpalt. :crazy_grn:

saturday morning my buddies and i left sandlake to go to Port Loring to Jakes for lunch, trails were mint all the way up, as usual the food was good at Jakes, on the way back we were on the 104d, plan was to hit the 711 and grab the sequin, hit Sprucedale for gas and head back to Sand lake. It was all great riding untill this punk on a old doo 440 race sled with a riser so tall it looked like it had ape hangers came over the crest in the hill out of control on our side of the trail, my buddy went to the right off the trail to avoid getting hit, i was second in line so now this tard is completely sideways on my side so i went hard left, we hit right sid to right side. i was thrown off my sled to the right, my sled was now up on its right side and the tard had landed about 4ft off the trail, i landed on my back and had the wind knocked out of me. Now the tards buddies had stopped, all backpack wearing tards with 1 riding another old race sled. i figured my my right front suspension was fubared but when we got the sled up right my right top arm had a little tweak in it and the spindle was marked up, my spindle opened the tards sled up like a can opener, i tore his tunnel and folded his right side foot rest flat, caved the tunnel in and kinked it up.

So after some heated words i got $200 from the guy for my damages, the arm is $108 and the rest will cover the gas for going to get parts

i hope that guy got a life lesson on riding like a idiot and i'm impressed at the impact my 1200 took and came away with so little damage

rant over, lol

I think I saw this guy on the family day weekend. He was sitting down on his sled with his hands pretty much above his head riding. Probably in the top 5 of stupidest things I have seen on the trails.

I'm glad to hear it wasnt worse. ... and to get some $ for repairs is a definite bonus. I was fortunate this w/e, about 500Ks and everyone I passed was pretty much well behaved.

I did see one group of snowcrossers ... but I was fueling at the time as these guys jumped off the top of snow banks ... onto ashpalt. :crazy_grn:

if they didnt have cash things would have got a lot worse, especially when i was not at fault at all

We had a similar accident just south of KL at the start of the season but with injuries and the offending driver was charger with driving in the wrong lane.

Seen a kid pull into the gas station yesterday. Only about 4'8" tall. He was on a new 2013 etec 800 renny. 20 seconds later his dad came in as well. I asked him how old he was and said he was 13. I just shook my head. Hopefully his dad doesn't let him go out with his buddies on it. Accident waiting to happen.

WOW! That sounds like you avoided something that could have been a deadly incident! $200.00 is not enough IMO! These dudes need to be taught a hard lesson - unfortunately - it may come at the price of somebody's life next time! Perhaps this is the same idiot that ran that poor girl off the trail as posted in the other thread! You are so very lucky Scotty that you actually walked away from that one!

:o

Glad you're okay.

Seeing less riders and more idiots on the trails, as mentioned above.

Wonder if the goofballs are scaring away everyday trail riders.

Again, glad both you and your sled (and lead guy in your group) are okay.

• Up at the edgewater a couple weeks ago for a few days. On 303 coming from sundridge two yamahas came around a corner on my side, glad there wasn't a third. Now I know why no one wants to lead. Just another couple guys on D that week so really most were behaving.

glad to hear you are ok...good for you for getting some cash on the spot too...

rant over, lol

Will it change his riding habits... I doubt it. Glad to hear you came out okay and at least he is physcially okay. Wonder how he will report it to his insurance if he has any.

We were riding along at a good clip on some twisty trails near Penetang on Sat. A bunch of stand ups came racing by with their skis barely touching the snow. Almost every bump they hit you could see the skis come off the ground. They just managed to slow it down coming into a corner to miss hitting a big old tree by about an inch based on the ski tracks. They all went somewhat off the track and fortunately the trees were far enough from the edge.

Glad you're okay.

Seeing less riders and more idiots on the trails, as mentioned above.

Wonder if the goofballs are scaring away everyday trail riders.

Again, glad both you and your sled (and lead guy in your group) are okay.

They are indeed scaring some away. I know a few people who have told me that their wives have stopped riding with them since they no longer feel safe with the idiots that are out there. Had one person stop me at the top of Six Mile Lake on the weekend to complain about all the idiots. Wanted to know how to get them off the trails.

Glad that's all you had for damages ScottyD, sounds like it could have been alot worse.

On Saturday, the wife and I were out and we passed a group sitting off to the side. 3 XP's, big risers, moto helmets and backpacks. I said over the communicators, be on the look out. They'll be pushing you through the bush when they catch up. We rode tight to the right. 2 minutes down the trail I got a "here they come" in my headset and the first one blows by me at full throttle, can a blazin', skis in the air, throwing snow out the track. then the other 2 after that. The last one was slower and gave me a wave.

I feel old when I say this but Geesus, pass me anytime you want, I'll move out of the way but do it with some respect. I may be anybody under my helmet, a cop, a land owner, who knows.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Just keeps getting worse out on our trails.

We usually try to get out on the trails by 8:00 - 9:00. Usually there is no one out until after lunch, or at least the ones that are out early are responsible riders. Most times we are done our day by 2:00 - 3:00, just when all the cowboy's are waking, sobering, whatever, up. I am usually following when we are riding, and a lot of times am out of sight from the leader, and I still get guys coming around corners or over hills on my side of the trail and I know the guy leading always signals that there is another rider coming.

I try and brush it off when on the trail but it's just getting to me listening to all the hit and near-hit stories here.

I know a few of the cops in the area that trail patrol and I'm calling them tomorrow to see if they can address this legally even if nobody has an accident. I can see them sitting around a corner videotaping the Ass-Hats as they rip around a left hand corner on the inside lane and handing out fines.

Know what? I might have found a hobby while on the trail. I'll make sure to get their numbers in the shot.

Far too many of these F'tards on the trails. They are a danger to everyone. And stop with the f'ing cans already.

I cannot tell you how many times in the past week I read a sign "Stay on Trail or Permission revoked" just to see tracks right across the farmers field. Really? Are you that stupid!!??

I understand why a landowner would stop allowing the use of their land. Maybe just so those people would have no place to ride.

You just can't fix STUPID!

i agree with you..Seen a TON of those signs this weekend, and there's more tracks OFF trail, then on..But yet they will be the first to CRY to daddie, when there's no where to ride..

YOU CANNOT FIX STUPID..

I haven't seen any cops on the trails this winter. Mind you I've only been out for about 1400 klicks. The only OPP we saw last week on our RAP tour were 2 in a Tahoe that pulled into the South River Beer Store lot as we were leaving.

Glad to hear it was just a little damage to the sled and not to yourself.

I guess I get lucky and don't seem much of the idiots as I ride during the week and almost never on the weekends.

Glad to hear you didnt get hurt, dam cowboys thinking the trail is a race track !

Archived