Gowganda,Matachewan, Elk Lake Area

Gowganda Lake Camp

Nice to meet you and your wife at Gowganda Ultrafrozen - hope you had a good ride back to KL and we will see you on the trails again! :wavey:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our group will be there Saturday night.

We are In Gowganda now there 14 , trails are good to go

TRAILS UPDATE Feb.26

A107C from Gowganda to C trail near Shining Tree - Groomed last night - "Available" good condition

A107C from Gowganda to Elk lake - Getting groomed tonight - "Available"

C106a from the "A" trail to L136 - "Available" -good condition

"A" trail From Elk Lake to Englehart river (Kirkland junction) - "Available"

L136 - Available - good condition

Note: Waiting for a part for the grooming tractor out of Matachewan - will be out grooming the "A" and C106 as soon part comes in.

Ron

Nice to meet you and your wife at Gowganda Ultrafrozen - hope you had a good ride back to KL and we will see you on the trails again! :wavey:

It was nice meeting you as well. Heading up to Cochrane Saturday with Carole and I'm changing the battery in the Phazer so it might start this time!!!

It was nice meeting you as well. Heading up to Cochrane Saturday with Carole and I'm changing the battery in the Phazer so it might start this time!!!

Take the extension cord and electric blanket with you!!! :poke2: I am jealous! Wishing we could get to Cochrane this year as well :( Enjoy the trails up there!!!!!

TRAILS UPDATE Feb.26

A107C from Gowganda to C trail near Shining Tree - Groomed last night - "Available" good condition

A107C from Gowganda to Elk lake - Getting groomed tonight - "Available"

C106a from the "A" trail to L136 - "Available" -good condition

"A" trail From Elk Lake to Englehart river (Kirkland junction) - "Available"

L136 - Available - good condition

Note: Waiting for a part for the grooming tractor out of Matachewan - will be out grooming the "A" and C106 as soon part comes in.

Ron

All trails on the south end ( A107C from Gowganda to C trail near shining Tree and Gowganda to Elk Lake) and the L136 bottom are freshly groomed.

We have already made one pass on the stumpy road trail that gets you off the highway coming into Gowganda and the plan is to groom it again tomorrow then get it signed. The road is melting down with the warmer temps of late.

Maybe Art or Bruce can give us a heads up on the " A" trail and C106A as the tractor in Matach. was down waiting for a part.

Ron

Thanks for the hospitality again as usual Ron/Giselle/Max and Jack. Our week was awesome except that we lost Super Dave that morning on the way to Shining Tree. Thanks to Kelly for holding him till we got there. Good news is we found Smoker. Will post pics soon as I figure out how to do it.

This might be him.

post-21830-0-51032200-1362266278_thumb.jpg

Did you get the cabin sold Willie?

No, the cabin is Quicks. We are trying to sell the Tom Club. You and Winston have to drop over for refreshments next year and maybe put in an offer. Might even throw in some red paint.

That sort looks like Super Dave in the pic ?? (long wavy brown hair and not combed) I heard a offer is forthcoming for the TSC. Hope its not a tire kicker offer. We need to move to phase two.

Yes I echo Wilbur's comments also.....thanks Quicks for allowing yourselves to entertain the TS Club.

Freshly groomed when I left yesterday they looked perfect. Kirkland lake area had groomed Friday night and they were perfect over that way as well. The metatchewan side was also freshly groomed the L136 and A trail were perfect. A107C was fresh from Gowganda to Elk Lake yesterday.

On a side note the snow drifts around New Liskard on Friday were HUGE Im talking 5 feet deep and soft powder fun for me but no so much for the rest of my group haha. I also helped and older couple get unstuck on a pair of Yamaha's they had been stuck for 3 hours and could not budge their machines. I don't know how they were not frozen the wind was howling in some of those fields, they had one of those snow bungee's. I guess they went in with one got it stuck, got out the bungee went in with the other and burried it too. Sad part was if they had just gone off the trail "slightly" into the field next to the trail it was blown snowless.

Im up friday for the week hopefully the weather lasts need to make the annual run to Sudbury and Back and thinking Timmins and back too before we shut her down. Ofcourse if there is snow till april I will be there.

I hope things are looking good up there!!!!!! My two daughters are pretty excited about spending 5 night at Gowganda Lake Lodge!!!! We are heading up on Sunday .

Warm today, about +5.. Lost some snow in the town area . Trails are soft (spring condition) but most sledders are reporting the trails as pretty good . Tomorrow will be the test . They are predicting some rain before it turns cold again monday. Will have to see how much rain comes before it turns cold again and snows.

Will keep you posted

Ron

Warm today, about +5.. Lost some snow in the town area . Trails are soft (spring condition) but most sledders are reporting the trails as pretty good . Tomorrow will be the test . They are predicting some rain before it turns cold again monday. Will have to see how much rain comes before it turns cold again and snows.

Will keep you posted

Ron

Well the rain stopped and turned to snow woke up to 3"to 4" this morn and still coming.

Looks like another week of good trails.

Ron..E L keep the updates coming...we are hoping for a few more days.wkds....after Mar break.

Up at Ron's right now. Have been here since Sunday with my wife and two girls. Trails are in great shape. Was pretty worried on the way with all the rain but the trails are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Fish.

Today we rode to Elk Lake and the trails were 9.9 out of 10. They are to be grooming toward Shining Tree tonight. Lots of fresh snow over pst few days and the roads and bridges have been great.post-20910-0-14772600-1363224208_thumb.jpgpost-20910-0-20363900-1363224293_thumb.jpgpost-20910-0-88190000-1363224354_thumb.jpgpost-20910-0-07692100-1363224408_thumb.jpg

Archived