Stolen 4-Up Trailer and Sleds

Nith Valley Sledder

One of club members had his trailer and 4 sleds stolen out of his driveway Sat night in New Hamburg. They even pulled the trailer around his truck to get access to it. The trailer is a 4-up Triton license # F7778Y. Any help locating this trailer and sleds would be appreciated. The only good thing is his new sled is to be picked up in a couple weeks.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

STOLEN.pdf

That's awful.

The printout (.pdf) should be posted at warm-up shacks throughout southern Ontario. Also consider posting it at the OFSC District Booth at Powersports show.

Start combing Kijiji looking for the equipment for sale. Any place like that where a fast sale is possible.

Maybe ask some clubs to post the PDF on their websites for awhile if they can?

Mother uckers!!! What happened to simply working for your family, relaxation and retirement? I will never understand why this happens. LEAVE PEOPLES STUFF ALONE. I truly hope you see the return of your trailer and sleds.

This sucks. Pretty close to home..I will keep an eye out for the stuff. Hope it all works out for him..Hope this does not happen to my new Triton trailer..Did it have the tounge locks on it at all?? Any wheel locks to keep trailer from being pulled etc??

If possible please don't store your sleds in the trailer. It Is an easy target.

He brought the locks to the club meeting last night. The barbell lock to lock the ball lever was snipped. Not sure how they found the room. The other lock was the style that goes into the ball receiver with the u-bolt bar over the top to keep it there. They somehow snapped the ball from the body and pulled it off. Likely a large wrecking bar was used. Makes me re-think my locks as I have the same thing. His girls are keeping a close eye on Kijiji as it was their sleds that were taken. Hopefully the pdf is being distributed thru the district offices to other members around the province. Insurance told him he has to wait 2 weeks for possible recovery before they can go forward with the claim. Don't think he is holding out much hope of getting them back.

i wouldn't want them back if they were mine, nothing he will do will ever change the feeling when he rides those sled of being pissed.at the bastard who stole them.

A cordless Dremel with a re-inforced cutting wheel will do a good lock in under a minute, and you don't need much room!

I have a tracking device...air IQ...we have them on all equipment including the toys....around $400 plus $85 yearly...works of the stats...and works very well....if a driver calls and reports a unit gone we can shut the truck down period....and the boys in blue can track etc if they need be..

That really sucks, had a truck stolen once so i know the feeling.

for me,ive found if they want it...they are gonna take it....dont waste your money trying to safegaurd.....thieves are bastards plain and simple,and if it was my chit,i wouldn,t want it back...i would just tell insurance hand over a cheque....thats what insurance is for....why pay it if not?....but i know the feeling makes you sick!!!

So sorry to hear about this, it just makes me sick, and I hope who ever the thieves are get what they deserve.

Dirtbags.

I'm lucky enough I can leave my sleds on the trailer, in the back forty.

If someone is dumb enough to go back for them they will be ventilated as they try to run over me.

That will be my sworn statement anyway.

Tried by twelve vs carried by six.

Protected by Smith and Wesson around here....and Magnum Research.

for me,ive found if they want it...they are gonna take it....dont waste your money trying to safegaurd.....thieves are bastards plain and simple,and if it was my chit,i wouldn,t want it back...i would just tell insurance hand over a cheque....thats what insurance is for....why pay it if not?....but i know the feeling makes you sick!!!

Indeed... locks only deter honest people really. You are right if they really want it they are going to get it. The one benefit to locking it though is maybe they will go to the next guy whose trailer and sleds are easier to steal

• 2 weeks later...

I know two people that have had trucks stolen and in both cases they were found stripped and burned on the reservation in Brantford. Needless to say, no charges were laid. Seems like they have a pretty lucrative business going there, wonder if they are expanding into seasonal items.

for anybody with an enclosed trailer, put your name or a number on the roof in red paint, it can be seen from the air, racers do this with their trailers, makes them much easier 2 find. I put my car # on the roof of my trailer.

for anybody with an enclosed trailer, put your name or a number on the roof in red paint, it can be seen from the air, racers do this with their trailers, makes them much easier 2 find. I put my car # on the roof of my trailer.

Good Thought.

Why don't you just paint jim's junk removal. No one will steal your trailer then.

Archived