INSURANCE!!

Baylaker

We have everything with allstate. Sleds were 275 and 225 just liability.Kid wrote off our car last month and we renew in november. I have yet to see our renewal offer. We did have accident forgiveness, that will be gone as will the declining deductible I am interested if we see an increase in another area such as home or the sleds. I have been very happy with allstate, the sleds were a little more than others as were the vehicles, but that was offset by the very low homeowners. i will still shop it all as I do every year, but now with a claim I have little hope of doing much better. Also as Skiddboy suggested i will get a quote on the car in the kids name and see what we can do there. More thn likely she lays another claim on our policy if we keep her under our name.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got another quote yesterday from Sutherland’s insurance in Guelph. They want $2300 for full coverage on both sleds. Crazy! Waiting on a call back from State Farm today but I have a feeling they will be pricey as well. Looks like I may have to stick with TD....

42 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Got another quote yesterday from Sutherland’s insurance in Guelph. They want $2300 for full coverage on both sleds. Crazy! Waiting on a call back from State Farm today but I have a feeling they will be pricey as well. Looks like I may have to stick with TD....

That's insane...  that's more than most people pay for vehicles.

Dejardins wanted like $2600 or something like that...I hear ya, I pay   $83 a month for my truck!

2 hours ago, Baylaker said:

State farm has been bought out by dejardin, and dejardin does not like sleds.

I found State farm has always been too expensive for full coverage on sleds, cars and home.

I did use them (Stacey Sutherland) for my sons ATV, liability only years back as most would not insure it.  That worked out well.

53 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I found State farm has always been too expensive for full coverage on sleds, cars and home.

I did use them (Stacey Sutherland) for my sons ATV, liability only years back as most would not insure it.  That worked out well.

It's so odd how it varies from person to person. State farm was the cheapest for my sled at $20 a month liability only, and half the price of all the other companies for our house. 

26 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

It's so odd how it varies from person to person. State farm was the cheapest for my sled at $20 a month liability only, and half the price of all the other companies for our house. 

The area you live in makes a bid difference.  When I lived in the sewer (TO) my cars prems jumped 50% from Mississauga.

Well, State Farm (dejardins) wants $2100 for full coverage. Looks like I’m done shopping around and going to stick with TD...

5 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Well, State Farm (dejardins) wants $2100 for full coverage. Looks like I’m done shopping around and going to stick with TD...

I'm going to do caa tonight see what they offer.

6 hours ago, Poo Man said:

Probably not that weird really. So many variables. Age, where you live, your drivers record of tickets and accidents. For where you live according to the person I spoke to it's not just are you in Toronto, it is as granular as the postal code. Someone a few blocks away could have a different rate based on things like the crime rate (theft) from one area to the next.  I believe they also consider factors such as marital status and your credit rating.

Has anybody tried Oracle. They are the insurance partners with OFSC. Supposed to provide discounts for OFSC permit buyers as well as multi line discounts. 

Not or looking forward to my TD renewal next March. 

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Probably not that weird really. So many variables. Age, where you live, your drivers record of tickets and accidents. For where you live according to the person I spoke to it's not just are you in Toronto, it is as granular as the postal code. Someone a few blocks away could have a different rate based on things like the crime rate (theft) from one area to the next.  I believe they also consider factors such as marital status and your credit rating.

State Farm asked me for my marital status. Told them I just received my divorce certificate! Lol

5 hours ago, Big Pete said:

Has anybody tried Oracle. They are the insurance partners with OFSC. Supposed to provide discounts for OFSC permit buyers as well as multi line discounts. 

These types of partnerships usually demand that you bundle the package. . I looked into it when they were partners with powersports insurance. I didnt find any savings....

5 hours ago, Big Pete said:

21 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

These types of partnerships usually demand that you bundle the package. . I looked into it when they were partners with powersports insurance. I didnt find any savings....

When sledders choice (I think was the ins name) partnered with the OFSC, I used them for a few years as they had good rates, just had the sleds with them though...changed to TD at some point though, but I think the reason for changing was to get the bundled discount with the home insurance.

I tried oracle last year and they wouldn’t even insure me because i wouldn’t bundle...

I'm with TD.  Sled Insurance went up 26% this year.

What a joke! I had to stay with TD again this year...in the $950 range for full coverage for both sleds. Not happy, but hey I’m not letting that stop me.

I am with The Personal as well.

2004 Sabercat 700 $94.....2004 Sabercat 500 $80.. No collision.

2008 FJR 1300... full coverage $641

I have everything with them tho. Vehicles were cheaper. House was a bit more.

Just got my renewal. F150 full coverage 0 deductible for both comp and coll, $658.00, focus with 500 and 300 deductible and kid as a driver on it, $1240.00, bikes just liability, $780 each, and sleds $195 and $148 just liability. Monthly for all with identical coverage except loss of the declining deductible on the focus and with the focus being a total loss and bought back from them has actually dropped 30 bucks per month. Staying put. I repaired the focus and am not sure if II should bother covering it with coll any longer, that would save 275 per year. Got a quote for the kid on a stand alone policy in her name, G2 18 year old college student, 2280 just liability. She cost us 300 to be on the policy with just liability or 550 with so to get her on her own would be an additional $1880. I think we will take our chances that she does not write off another vehicle and leave her on our policy.

All State.

I have all my insurance with the Personal 2007 800 Can Am MAX ATV $125 per year, 2017 850 Can Am MAX ATV $180 per year and 2019 Ski doo 850 X $165 per year.

No collision on ATV or Ski Doo

The prices of some Insurance is such a scam to say the least....

Archived