• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Muskoka cat guy said:

I may do Saturday too depending of Fridays conditions

Nunz says I have to change my name to Muskoka Polaris Guy now

Sat sold out today

3 hours ago, 528rick said:

Hey Monte i"ll take that pass call me at 416 230 9015 to make arrangements for payment

The Pass is sold.  

1. alrighty then anyone else  that has a  pass ill take it

I thought about it but not driving 4 hrs when I can now (hopefully) ride from my backyard.

59 minutes ago, soupkids said:

I thought about it but not driving 4 hrs when I can now (hopefully) ride from my backyard.

I wouldn't drive one hour to go there.  Only main roads will be open (they are summer access roads used for logging and camping access etc) it will be a zoo no doubt. Not missing much. 

Sometime I would like to go just to see nothing more.

Not sure why everyone bashes it?!?!?

It’s a decent place to go and shake off the cobwebs or break in a new machine, and they only let 100 sleds a day in there.  

Its not any worse than any OFSC trail within 200kms of the GTA on a weekend. 

15 minutes ago, monte1214 said:

Not sure why everyone bashes it?!?!?

It’s a decent place to go and shake off the cobwebs or break in a new machine, and they only let 100 sleds a day in there.  

Its not any worse than any OFSC trail within 200kms of the GTA on a weekend. 

No kidding!!  Just go out on the OFSC trails just outside of the forest on a weekend!  The only time its really busy in there is the poker run which is expected still a ton of fun.

Have a look at this thread on Facebook holy smokes talk about complaining.  

https://www.facebook.com/HaliburtonForest

read the comments below the picture with the officers in it!!

28 minutes ago, soupkids said:

Come down for the poker run in FEB.   Can go out for some great lake runs from there.

49 minutes ago, soupkids said:

we've been there in the summer for I think they call it the wolf howl. It is indeed a unique place.

38 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

we've been there in the summer for I think they call it the wolf howl. It is indeed a unique place.

Isn't wolf howl an alquinin park thing. I have gone several times in august. 

30 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

Isn't wolf howl an alquinin park thing. I have gone several times in august. 

Haliburton Forest has a wolf centre

https://www.haliburtonforest.com/activities/wolves

10 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Haliburton Forest has a wolf centre

https://www.haliburtonforest.com/activities/wolves

I know. I have been there before and was able to see a feeding. This was before someone cut a hole in fence and two wolves escaped and Aplha made was shot by an area resident. 

54 minutes ago, Viperules700 said:

I know. I have been there before and was able to see a feeding. This was before someone cut a hole in fence and two wolves escaped and Aplha made was shot by an area resident. 

They still have a wolf centre and it's still open.

Looks like they've reduced this weekend's pricing to $25 / day. Not as much snow as they wanted. Main roads only.

( Via link above to FB )

On 2017-12-14 at 5:59 PM, Canuck said:

Looks like they've reduced this weekend's pricing to $25 / day. Not as much snow as they wanted. Main roads only.

( Via link above to FB )

We knew that! Have to be an early bird to have a good ride.

hey. We’ll be riding our sleds tomorrow. Breaking in a new belt. Someone on their new sled. Adjusting stuff. Hanging in the warm up shacks. Better than sitting at home tidying the basement. Can’t wait

33 minutes ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

hey. We’ll be riding our sleds tomorrow. Breaking in a new belt. Someone on their new sled. Adjusting stuff. Hanging in the warm up shacks. Better than sitting at home tidying the basement. Can’t wait

I hope you have a good ride. I like going into forest and usually support poker run days in Feb. 

Here is a pic of my buddys ride yesterday in the forest .he said it was decent but a few rocks at the end of day

20171216_060612.jpg

4 hours ago, Muskoka Man said:

Here is a pic of my buddys ride yesterday in the forest .he said it was decent but a few rocks at the end of day

20171216_060612.jpg

Looks good... nice finger print on the lens though. :D Was that start or end of the day? For me I will wait a little longer until there's a bit more snow on the ground local to me.

3 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Looks good... nice finger print on the lens though. :D Was that start or end of the day? For me I will wait a little longer until there's a bit more snow on the ground local to me.

Fairly certain it has been years since Etobicoke had any trails.....could be waiting a long time.... 

16 minutes ago, stoney said:

Fairly certain it has been years since Etobicoke had any trails.....could be waiting a long time.... 

:rotflmao: You got me... I meant local to my Port Severn riding. The old rail trail from the top end of Couchiching through to Midland shouldn't be long.

Archived