2016 New Sled Thread

500ssman

sweet sled...congrats...think you'll be able to take apexman this season ?

The big race last season was not MPH but MPG....The Apexs (f7's and mine) sips gas ...compared the big block vector(sledjunks)...lol

As far as a race for speed ...well we will see what happens..I know my girl friend thinks f7's sled is "pretty" lol...Maybe a pair of eyelashes on that pretty sled it will go faster..LOL mirrors would be a good addition as well,just in case you wanted to see if the rest of the group was behind or not!......Ha Ha

Congratulations on the new sled f7.

I look forward to some big rides this season for sure!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally. Been looking at her for a month, sitting lonely in the garage. First real snow today. Only 1.1 km in the yard, but it's a start.

post-20664-0-43689200-1450310953_thumb.jpeg

post-20664-0-67782900-1450311085_thumb.jpeg

Finally. Been looking at her for a month, sitting lonely in the garage. First real snow today. Only 1.1 km in the yard, but it's a start.

must have made your heart go pitter patter.... bet the smile was a mile wide.

must have made your heart go pitter patter.... bet the smile was a mile wide.

Congrats Bucking Pig!!! nice sled

Holy smokes you live away up there.

You bet! Wouldn't trade it for anything. Fishing, hunting, and of course, sledding right out the back door. I think I'm going to like the new ride.

BP your Voyage LXT looks quite similar to the Indy 550 Adventure 155 I got this fall. They are supposed to be great for off trail use. I was out in early snow in Muskoka in November, but there wasn't enough snow to properly test the sled.

BP your Voyage LXT looks quite similar to the Indy 550 Adventure 155 I got this fall. They are supposed to be great for off trail use. I was out in early snow in Muskoka in November, but there wasn't enough snow to properly test the sled.

Yes. They're very similar. I think yours has the removable passenger seat? (Kinda wish I'd gone for that). My dealer called this the "international" model. Taller windshield, and crazy wide skis. With no trails up here, I was looking for something for "off trail" riding. Just one ride, and not a lot of snow, but so far, I really like it.

Yes. They're very similar. I think yours has the removable passenger seat? (Kinda wish I'd gone for that).

Yes, and it can be removed or replaced in less than ten seconds.

Taller windshield, and crazy wide skis. With no trails up here, I was looking for something for "off trail" riding.

Same here. I don't think mine has much in the way of top end speed, but with those snowshoes on the front and the fairly light 550 fan, and long track with 1.6 inch lugs, I am eager to try some off trail riding. Not something I can do very well with the four stroke turbo cats.

Just one ride, and not a lot of snow, but so far, I really like it.

Me too. Mine will go only a little over 60 mph, as far as I can tell - - it may be geared lower than yours - - but it handles reasonably well, and I most definitely plan to use it some of the time for riding groomed trails on local or family oriented rides. When I'm riding with the OC speed demons, however, once we get some actual groomed trails, I'll need to switch to a faster sled.

I look forward to hearing your assessment of the machine as you use it more.

He still needs to add some "cheating" parts

A few years ago a mutual friend bought a Polaris 800 dragon from Performance recreation. He lined up beside OF7 for a race, 800 dragon vs 2008 apex, and the apex won. So the Polaris owner took his dragon back to the dealer and they made a few adjustments. They lined up again for another race and the dragon started pulling away from the apex and beating OF7. The following season they went away on a sledding trip with Cehyooper (from this forum) to the Cobden area. It was time for another dragon vs apex showdown. The apex won the first and second race leaving the dragon behind. The Polaris owner was very frustrated and couldn't understand why he won last year but couldn't keep up this year. OF7 had a big sheepish smile on his face so something must be different with his sled. The dragon buddy pulled the side cover off the apex and discovered some brand new shinny parts on the clutch. He jumped back, pointed, and yelled "cheating parts, cheating parts, you've got cheating parts". Lol

Finally picked up my sled from the dealer last week. Unloaded it Wednesday and put it in the back of the shop.

It needs numbers, studs and tunnel protectors. Hard to get excited when the weather is this warm.

post-19895-0-17171100-1450411160_thumb.jpg

Get excited! That's a great looking sled. Have a great season.

A few years ago a mutual friend bought a Polaris 800 dragon from Performance recreation. He lined up beside OF7 for a race, 800 dragon vs 2008 apex, and the apex won. So the Polaris owner took his dragon back to the dealer and they made a few adjustments. They lined up again for another race and the dragon started pulling away from the apex and beating OF7. The following season they went away on a sledding trip with Cehyooper (from this forum) to the Cobden area. It was time for another dragon vs apex showdown. The apex won the first and second race leaving the dragon behind. The Polaris owner was very frustrated and couldn't understand why he won last year but couldn't keep up this year. OF7 had a big sheepish smile on his face so something must be different with his sled. The dragon buddy pulled the side cover off the apex and discovered some brand new shinny parts on the clutch. He jumped back, pointed, and yelled "cheating parts, cheating parts, you've got cheating parts". Lol

What made it more funny;  Ceyhooper's pulled the panels off his sled to reveal cheating parts as well. That poor dragon did not have a chance.  

• 4 weeks later...

finally picked up the new sled...

20160109_155803_zpswgfwbwgz.jpg

Looks Good WD

I like it.

Now that is one nice looking sled! We missed you on the early ride on B103!! Well worth waiting for that machine.

Livin'

thx boys..

on way home pull into gas station to fill up sled & truck,on way into pay noticed 2 guys working on pump that don't look like service techs...well on way out just as I pass them,a hose blows off & starts pumpin gas all over. I run to my truck & get me & my new sled outta there...

hope to ride next wk-end somewhere...

thx boys..

on way home pull into gas station to fill up sled & truck,on way into pay noticed 2 guys working on pump that don't look like service techs...well on way out just as I pass them,a hose blows off & starts pumpin gas all over. I run to my truck & get me & my new sled outta there...

hope to ride next wk-end somewhere...

Good call! 

Nice lookin' sled.  Now to ride!

Nice looking sled Glenn.

Need to get out riding soon.

finally picked up the new sled...

20160109_155803_zpswgfwbwgz.jpg

Great looking sled. Nice big storage bags for touring too it seems. I predict you can get a shake down ride next weekend.

Finally found some snow to ride. Ironically, had to go south to the outskirts of Thunder Bay to find some rideable snow. Love the new ride. Still in "break in" mode, but powered out of any slush or anything else I through at it today.

post-20664-0-00064900-1452390838_thumb.jpeg

Archived