Cochrane is a busy sled town this week.

Are you guys still up there Blake?

Yup. Will be untill Friday.

0660a1c1.jpg

ba018691.jpg

4597568a.jpg

30c5950c.jpg

Just saw this on TV:

Heads up for for folks heading wayyyy north.

Highway 11 is closed between North Bay and Cobalt due to tractor trailers stuck in the snow.

Just saw this on TV:

Heads up for for folks heading wayyyy north.

Highway 11 is closed between North Bay and Cobalt due to tractor trailers stuck in the snow.

freakin hwy 11 closed last nite at temagami on way up...sat there for 3 hrs...in total took us 11 hrs from orillia to cochrane...in kap tonite...-31

7064fe96.jpg

af47c518.jpg

2aac5786.jpg

4005583c.jpg

a4bca869.jpg

We will be leaving in the wee hours and driving through the night. Maybe see you in the AM, if you aren't on the trails already.

The pic is a burning sled on A trail today , not sure want make it was , it was COOKED

It was a turbo cat

trails from cochrane to kap are in great shape....did some side trails around kap last nite(very cold)...all were just groomed...headin back to cochrane today when it gets alittle warmer...super 8 in kap is great

Same here. going to have breakfast and take our time before we take off - 31 here in Cochrane . they groomed the rough section last night coming into cochrane

Same here. going to have breakfast and take our time before we take off - 31 here in Cochrane . they groomed the rough section last night coming into cochrane

While I love to ride I am not sure about -31. We set out last winter in Port Severn at -29 and there weren't many of us out that day. Glad we had the tall windshields and stayed in the trees as much as possible. Friggin cold! It would even seep in through the smallest spots on the helmet. We werent' out more than about 4 hours before we called it a day. I know I'm a wimp.

I wonder how many of us guys and gals down here in the south would a least want to try -31? We are all iching!

Id give it a go...Last year we were out in Orillia when it was -27 for a full day..

-27 and -31 are a significant difference in comfort levels

-27 C = -16.6 F

-31 C = -23.8 F

the other day they woke up to and some set out at -34

-34 = -29.2 F

bottom line it's damn cold. -40 C and -40 F are the same and you are getting real close to that number.... colder than I would want to do

..super 8 in kap is great

Agreed. Nice place.

Other pics look like the Westway Motel, in Cochrane.

Thanks for the heads up re: Hwy 11 clsosures. We chose to turn around and sleep in North Bay, rather than wait 5 hours last year. Check ahead.

Happy trails. :mrgreen:

Was up in Cochrane and Kap for the 1st time ever, It was awesome! Really liked Zeverly's Loop :icon_photo:

We will be leaving in the wee hours and driving through the night. Maybe see you in the AM, if you aren't on the trails already.

There should be a hydro/utility surcharge tacked on to your nightly room rental.

:)

X2 on zeverlys loop , it rocked yesterday , actually all the 800 Ks we got in up there rocked

X2 on zeverlys loop , it rocked yesterday , actually all the 800 Ks we got in up there rocked

Did it twice yesterday

Archived