Cochrane

Lep

Anybody thinking Cochrane next week.....If they OPEN.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dec 27,28,29,30 , boys week in Cochrane :D

Thinking the same,the warden and kids are of so it may be a family ride for us. ;-)

I like Dubreville... get GG to be a guide maybe.....

Waiting for the last guy to confirm tonight , then we are booking , getting some great reports and pics from the polar bear club , next week looks good , dont wait to long to book its going to fill fast IMHO , Ive been off for a week now for holidays and my warden wants to get rid of me

sounds like 3 of us are headin up....weather not to cold on those dates...be nice to make to hearst on open trails

Have fun, just don't expect perfect trails, since there probably won't be any grooming going on and lots of holiday traffic from my experience.

sounds like 3 of us are headin up....weather not to cold on those dates...be nice to make to hearst on open trails

Do yu know where your staying yet?

Cochrane looks good , but they won't be opening up the canyon until the new year .... I might be heading up to see Luc and lend a hand brushing back all the trees hanging over the trails from all the wet snow they recieved ....

Do yu know where your staying yet?

westway....i think...haven t booked....there will be no workers intown,so shouldn t be busy

Cochrane looks good , but they won't be opening up the canyon until the new year .... I might be heading up to see Luc and lend a hand brushing back all the trees hanging over the trails from all the wet snow they recieved ....

Good idea Paul. I'd consider going, taking my sled and helping them out. Have you run the idea past Luc...? If so, is there local accommodation?

Good idea Paul. I'd consider going, taking my sled and helping them out. Have you run the idea past Luc...? If so, is there local accommodation?

Hey Mike , yeah Luc has us hooked up , we just need to pay for the cleaning lady :right_on: . Brian and I have been thinking about it , I'm not sure if i can slip away just yet ... I have some club stuff I need to wrap up next week first ...

Will keep you posted .......

Hey Mike , yeah Luc has us hooked up , we just need to pay for the cleaning lady :right_on: . Brian and I have been thinking about it , I'm not sure if i can slip away just yet ... I have some club stuff I need to wrap up next week first ...

Will keep you posted .......

Sounds good. My first thought was it's too far a drive for me to shake down a new sled. But to "volenteer" and help out clearing trails, well, I don't need a fully shook down sled for that :right_on:

MM, enjoy your trip! Take lots of pictures and try not to rub it in for the ones that are stuck waiting for the trails around here to open!!

Izzy

X2....Family Week #1 looking forward to getting rid of the icth :D

We are still waiting for conditions to decide but want to do a few days between Christmas and New Years. Maybe see you up there.

We are still waiting for conditions to decide but want to do a few days between Christmas and New Years. Maybe see you up there.

you must wanna try that new sled out...

you must wanna try that new sled out...

You got that right!!!!! :hyper: :hyper:

I see some of Cochrane went Yellow , Hopefully Green by next week

I see some of Cochrane went Yellow , Hopefully Green by next week

looks like hearst to hornepayne to dubreuiville will be open...& maybe to wawa....hope to get there from cochrane....booked in at westway....they said no sledders yet.....find out wed morning when we start

Ok, going to be booking at lillabelle soon for second or 3rd week of Jan, any suggestions of a 3-4 day tour from there?. Was thinking day one(riding the canyon), and need suggestions and place to stay for the remainder, ending back at lillabelle..

Any help, info is appreciated?

I am going fourth week of feb. I usually start in elk lake at Eco lodge. Trails aren't open there yet. It is a great place to start. Go from there to cochrane. Cochrane stay with liabelle or at north adventure inn (they have inside heated sled storage, first come first serve. Stay there three nights. Canyon one day, second day run to map and back. Third day go east to Quebec for lunch and back again. I find Jan is too cold and shorter days for touring.

Looks like we are trying for 29,30,31, weather and conditions permitting.

Booked at Westway.

Archived