Sleds Stolen from Dunnville Ontario Jan26/27

Cathie

I am new to this forum, so hello and I wish it wasn't under these circumstances!

Called the OFSC and they suggested getting active in forums, we only usually check the OFSC or local trails for information.

Our two Skidoo MXZ, 2007 Blizzard, 2007 Renegade-yellow, with Black enclosed Triton trailer (red lettering) was stolen from our driveway in Dunnville during the night. We were on our way north this Saturday, it was packed and ready to go. Cops said it was unlikely they will be found and I am absolultely sick!!!!!! Sending this note in case anyone sees them!!!!!!! Thanks so much!

Permit numbers X050357 and XO50359 - will post serial numbers tonight.

Welcome to the forum.

Nothing angers us more than thieves that steal sleds. :curse:

We'll keep an eye out.

Sorry to hear about this.

Can you post some pictures as well as registration numbers for the sleds? Might help someone spot them. Also anything that might make them unique.

Welcome to the forum and I hope things work out.

I am new to this forum, so hello and I wish it wasn't under these circumstances!

Called the OFSC and they suggested getting active in forums, we only usually check the OFSC or local trails for information.

Our two Skidoo MXZ, 2007 Blizzard, 2007 Renegade-yellow, with Black enclosed Triton trailer (red lettering) was stolen from our driveway in Dunnville during the night. We were on our way north this Saturday, it was packed and ready to go. Cops said it was unlikely they will be found and I am absolultely sick!!!!!! Sending this note in case anyone sees them!!!!!!! Thanks so much!

Cathy:

First - welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear it is under these circumstances - very sad news about your loss. Any pics of the sleds and trailer? I will certainly have a look when we are out over the next few days. I wish you the best of luck for a speedy recovery of the sleds.

Cathie, as the rest have said, welcome to the forum, even if it under these horrible circumstances.

Pictures would be great as well as the serial numbers so that all of us can keep an eye open for your sleds.

With any luck the thieves will have a change of heart and just dump them in a parking lot somewhere, even though the chances of that are remote.

Here's an example of the trailer. We purchased it at the snowmobile show in October, from Reinharts, and only used once. I haven't taken a picture of it yet so here is a picture I found online.

post-19700-126462440212.jpg

Sorry to hear of the loss Cathie...

I posted this at Freedom Sledder as well in the hope to get the word out...

Welcome to the board BTW, sorry it had to be done liek this...

Cathie:

I've also posted the word on SleddersVision, SleddersWorld, SnowGoerCanada & Trail Conditions.com

Wow, how terrible. Sorry about your luck. Hopefully the trailer & sleds will turn up.

Were the electronic 'keys' inside the trailer? They can't start the sleds without them and the keys have to be obtained through a dealer. Maybe if you contact BRP they can red-flag the VINs and prevent somebody from duping the keys and possibly even get you a lead if somebody tries to get keys made. It's a long shot but you never know...

Wow, how terrible. Sorry about your luck. Hopefully the trailer & sleds will turn up.

Were the electronic 'keys' inside the trailer? They can't start the sleds without them and the keys have to be obtained through a dealer. Maybe if you contact BRP they can red-flag the VINs and prevent somebody from duping the keys and possibly even get you a lead if somebody tries to get keys made. It's a long shot but you never know...

BRP has a strategy for this. Make sure you have calleed BRP directly, the VINs will be flagged. Any prudent dealer will ask to see ID and Ownership before programming a key. If they don't, buy elsewhere...

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully you visit again under better circumstaces!

Scott

BRP has a strategy for this. Make sure you have calleed BRP directly, the VINs will be flagged. Any prudent dealer will ask to see ID and Ownership before programming a key. If they don't, buy elsewhere...

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully you visit again under better circumstaces!

Scott

Unfortunately the good ?astard's have found away around the DESS I know of 2 dealer's that lost there outside iventory in the same evening all driven out of there lots.

What a bummer this really sucks. Any custom detail or marking which would help

identify them quicker?

Not really, both in excellent condition. Just got my hood fixed from minor injury last year, The blizzard is mine, a two-up with mirrors, my husband doesn't like those options on his sled. They are both real clean and just added knee pads this weekend, never used. I hope they haven't been cut up for parts already. thanks for everyones help and suggestions! Never thought I would dealing with this three days before our 9 day trip!!!!

Keys were in the sleds, in the trailer, we thought safe blocked in our driveway! They are good to go.

Serial #'s

2BPSBU7C27V000115

2BPSMC7D57V000834

any local cameras the thieves may have driven by????

any local cameras the thieves may have driven by????

Unfortunately no, we are in the country and it is a small town to begin with.

Guess everything that could go wrong did! Lesson learned,unfortunately a very frustrating and expensive one at that.

So sorry to hear of this theft. There was a similar theft from Holland Landing last year - mentioned on this forum. Loaded trailer was blocked in the driveway beside & behind. The thieves dragged it sideways across the neighbors front lawn, as I recall.

Sadly, there is a lot of theft in this area. Vehicles : trucks . They are quick to cut em up for parts - onto the reserve and sold for a quick buck.

So sorry to hear of this theft. There was a similar theft from Holland Landing last year - mentioned on this forum. Loaded trailer was blocked in the driveway beside & behind. The thieves dragged it sideways across the neighbors front lawn, as I recall.

Yes I remember that one, and I think they did recover the property a short time later.

Hopefully the same will be said for this instance.

Unfortunately locks only stop honest people. It also doesn't happen just in the country. A neighbour of mine in Toronto thought he had taken all the right precautions for his two seadoos on the trailer in his driveway. He had two locks on the tongue of the trailer and chained the trailer to the garage. He had his wife's Explorer in front of the trailer sightly off set so the tongue of the trailer ran up along side the truck and the truck was less than a foot from the front of the seadoo. The crooks got it out and gone in the middle of a week day. They were never recovered. The insurance paid out and they replaced the seadoos and trailer. Now this is not a bad neighbourhood. It is your typical mid to upper mid class area.

Just after they replaced them (about 3 weeks) the new seadoos were stolen from the driveway. This time he thought he had done everything he could. He had removed one of the wheels. Removed to coupler from the trailer and filled the hole in the tongue with a locking hitch pin. Chained the trailer once agian to the garage. This time with a heavier chain. It is suspected that they came with some very heavy duty bolt cutters, a spare tire and coupler then took off again. The police told him it is not uncommon for the crooks to return in a few weeks anticipating that after you collect on the insurance you will have brand new toys for them to steal this time around.

I feel badly for the theft of your sleds. That is my number one fear. I truly hope that you are looked after through insurance. Hope this does not deter your enthusiasm for the sport.

Archived