Parry Sound Snowmobile District has cease operations

Yukon

Anybody know what this is all about? I found out about it on another forum and its confirmed on the OFSC website.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
District 10 - Closed

Considering the actions of the Ministry of Labor against the volunteer grooming association, West Parry Sound Snowsport Association conducting business as Parry Sound Snowmobile District, the board of directors have ceased all operations with the exception of administration and will list all trails as closed until further notice.

Was going to ask the same question...wasn't there yesterday??

Anybody know what this is all about? I found out about it on another forum and its confirmed on the OFSC website.

Not the greatest news ... anyone know what happened to cause this kerfuffle?

I have just called the OFSC in Barrie and left a message for their Trail Co-ordinator to call me back....will post what I find out when he calls

I hope it is just the office and its not the actual clubs with the issue.

This was just added

* Clubs in the Grooming Association: - Carling Trail Blazers SC, - Magnetawan Ridge Runners, - North East Georgian Bay SC, - Six Star Snow Riders, - South Seguin SC, - West Muskoka Trail Riders

as a update!

:banghead:

nothing on

I have just called the OFSC in Barrie and left a message for their Trail Co-ordinator to call me back....will post what I find out when he calls

Important question to ask when you talk to him: Have they stopped grooming the trails or have they also Closed the trails ? The Jolly is right smack dab in the middle.

Important question to ask when you talk to him: Have they stopped grooming the trails or have they also Closed the trails ? The Jolly is right smack dab in the middle.

I would think the whole liability issue would stop the grooming if the district has been shut down by the M.O.L.

I would think the whole liability issue would stop the grooming if the district has been shut down by the M.O.L.

The wording is interesting:

Which Board of Directors?

The MOL took an "action against" whatever that means.

The Board of Directors Ceased all operations....

Listing trails as closed....

So, who shut it down and what does "shut down" mean? Can we ride those trails this weekend - bumpy as they may be? Or are we trespassing because they are closed?

So, who shut it down and what does "shut down" mean? Can we ride those trails this weekend - bumpy as they may be? Or are we trespassing because they are closed?

The pssd site list all trails as closed. Closed means not to be ridden. Sounds like bad timing on their part for the OC ride but I think that if you ride them when listed as "closed" you are trespassing

The pssd site list all trails as closed. Closed means not to be ridden. Sounds like bad timing on their part for the OC ride but I think that if you ride them when listed as "closed" you are trespassing

Completely agree, Doonut. Riding closed trails goes against everything we advocate in snowmobiling! Fingers crossed that things get sorted out before the weekend.

Staff at Resort Tapatoo heard approximately 25 minutes ago and have no idea whats going on!

I wonder if this relates to the fatal groomer accident last year??

I bought both my trail permits from the PSSD this year. I think I deserve to know what's going on. The announcement was very vague, and while it made reference to a MOL incident, there weren't really any details given.

Anyway, we hoped to come up for the Poker Run next weekend. I really hope this gets resolved!

For those participating in the OC Ride for Kelly & Austin this weekend, just wanted to let you know that we're in discussions with many people right now trying to figure out how the weekend will work. Please bear with us .. we will keep you updated.

Staff at Resort Tapatoo heard approximately 25 minutes ago and have no idea whats going on!

I understand that it does have something to do with the groomer accident last year. OFSC just heard about it 30 mins ago. I have heard that the local club is taking action immediately in an effort to have this resolved ASAP. Will keep you updated ASAP as I hear the updates. Keep postive...things may not be as bad as they appear......Stay tuned.............

I understand that it does have something to do with the groomer accident last year. OFSC just heard about it 30 mins ago. I have heard that the local club is taking action immediately in an effort to have this resolved ASAP. Will keep you updated ASAP as I hear the updates. Keep postive...things may not be as bad as they appear......Stay tuned.............

First a snow dance now this............................ :evil:

I hope they get things figured out, either way I'll be there!!! :coffeenose:

This is due to an ongoing investigation by the Ministry of Labour. The volunteers in District 9 / Parry Sound Snowmobile District have been put through the ringer since this terrible accident last season, where Mr. Ryman lost his life while grooming, not only dealing with the grief of his death but due to the questions being asked also made to feel responsible for it, which is not the case. As he was a salaried employee of PSSD an entire ‘nother can of worms is opened, and the Ministry of Labour has been investigating since.

Tracey, Marilyn, and company my thoughts are with you good folks.

Hopefully it is just someone trying make a point. It sure sounds like someone is pissed at an outcome and is having a knee jerk reaction.

We need more details. I am not sure how the groomer association can close trails :wtf: Those that paid for permits in the area, or in Ontario for that matter are entitled to a better explanation.

This is due to an ongoing investigation by the Ministry of Labour. The volunteers in District 9 / Parry Sound Snowmobile District have been put through the ringer since this terrible accident last season, where Mr. Ryman lost his life while grooming, not only dealing with the grief of his death but due to the questions being asked also made to feel responsible for it, which is not the case. As he was a salaried employee of PSSD an entire ‘nother can of worms is opened, and the Ministry of Labour has been investigating since.

Tracey, Marilyn, and company my thoughts are with you good folks.

Very unfortunate if that is the case. It would be beneficial to all concerned, particularly those who have chosen this action to release some form of public announcement. In this age of increased transparency, the lack of infomation is a terrible public relations mis-step.

Hopefully it is just someone trying make a point. It sure sounds like someone is pissed at an outcome and is having a knee jerk reaction.

We need more details. I am not sure how the groomer association can close trails :wtf: Those that paid for permits in the area, or in Ontario for that matter are entitled to a better explanation.

If the MOL is involved there may be serious issues that can't be resolved without some answers from lawyers.

MOST was in trouble this off season also. Keep in mind these are volunteers working way to hard for all the extra BS that they go through.

Archived