Parry Sound Snowmobile District has cease operations

Yukon

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having had dealings with the MoL this does not sound good. They have a time period of one year for the date of an incident to assess penalties and lay charges.

We all need to show our support to the folks at PDDS during this time and trust that issues get dealt with in a timely manner.

Having had dealings with the MoL this does not sound good. They have a time period of one year for the date of an incident to assess penalties and lay charges.

We all need to show our support to the folks at PDDS during this time and trust that issues get dealt with in a timely manner.

Agreed.

I didn't realize that the poor fellow who lost his life last year was a salaried employee. I can see now why the MOL would be involved.

As many have said already, I think this is something they should have tried to "iron out" during the off-season. Let's all stay positive and hope this gets worked out soon. Not too sure how severe the penalty would be if people "rode anyway." It's not as if you'd be wrecking any land like when people ride trails early in the season. It would just be very bumpy. I personally have no moral qualms about it.

Hopefully it is just someone trying make a point. It sure sounds like someone is pissed at an outcome and is having a knee jerk reaction.

We need more details. I am not sure how the groomer association can close trails :wtf: Those that paid for permits in the area, or in Ontario for that matter are entitled to a better explanation.

If the MOL is involved there may be serious issues that can't be resolved without some answers from lawyers.

MOST was in trouble this off season also. Keep in mind these are volunteers working way to hard for all the extra BS that they go through.

Yes, I agree that volunteers are way overstretched and don't need a lot of extra BS. Is it the volunteers that have taken an action? Who is "the board"? OFSC, District 10?, part of District 10?

There needs to be some form of public information bulletin and, quite frankly, somebody should have sent it out before (or at the same time) the notice was posted on the OFSC site.

There are many people in the Parry Sound District who support the clubs and support the volunteers but a labour strike (which, in the absence of any public disclosure of what's going on, this appears to be) is a "unique" way to garner public support.

Hopefully it is just someone trying make a point. It sure sounds like someone is pissed at an outcome and is having a knee jerk reaction.

We need more details. I am not sure how the groomer association can close trails :wtf: Those that paid for permits in the area, or in Ontario for that matter are entitled to a better explanation.

If the MOL is involved there may be serious issues that can't be resolved without some answers from lawyers.

MOST was in trouble this off season also. Keep in mind these are volunteers working way to hard for all the extra BS that they go through.

Yes, I see the info I was looking for posted as I posted.

Having been put thru the M.O.L ringer myself after a disgruntled former employee descided to cause me some grief, I can agree that this will not be settled quickly. Heck, their forensic auditor took 2 and 1/2 weeks to go thru the paper work that my accountant went thru in 3 hrs and came to the same conclusion.

Having been put thru the M.O.L ringer myself after a disgruntled former employee descided to cause me some grief, I can agree that this will not be settled quickly. Heck, their forensic auditor took 2 and 1/2 weeks to go thru the paper work that my accountant went thru in 3 hrs and came to the same conclusion.

Lets hope the MOLs 'actions' do not have an affect on the rest of the OFSC's volunteer base.

So what was with the groomer over there?

Go through a swamp or river crossing or???

I was toll that MOL is taking legal action against the district and the club president (6 in totals starting at 25 k each)

I hope it will be resolve asap and no body have to pay money from their own volunteer pocket

This could be quite serious.

A couple of years or so ago the gov passed Bill C45 that supported the Occupational Health and Safety Act to allow, under circumstances, criminal charges to be layed against employers and supervisors etc in the event there were blatant infractations against the act.

Charges include fines and possible incarceration.

To date, some employers have received jail time.

I was toll that MOL is taking legal action against the district and the club president (6 in totals starting at 25 k each)

I hope it will be resolve asap and no body have to pay money from their own volunteer pocket

AND-HOW!

Reg does this mean YOU could be charged or fine if something happens? Do you still want to volunteer?

Groomer Ops work along. MOL says you can not work alone. Now what? How many clubs can send two groomers out together?

I have heard through the grapevine that criminal charges have in fact been laid against a couple of the people involved with the PSSD District 10. It seems that everyone needs to get on the phone to the OFSC TODAY to find out what action THEY are prepared to take with regard to this issue. It appears that the District made the decision to close these trails NOT the OFSC....therefore.....the question is.......are these trails really CLOSED as they weren't officially closed by the OFSC? What steps are the OFSC taking to re-open these trails and uphold our trail system. What actions/help if any is the OFSC prepared to give to the members of District 10 that have been charged? The OFSC should make some sort of public statement as to their position and what they are prepared to do immediately.

I am still waiting for my call to be returned from the OFSC....but all those that are concerned about the future of our volunteers and the sport of snowmobiling should be on the phone today to the OFSC to get this resolved. 705-739-7669 OFSC Barrie !!!! :soapbox:

Reg does this mean YOU could be charged or fine if something happens? Do you still want to volunteer?

EXACTLY!!! This whole action could have very serious impact on snowmobiling in Ontario and our sport could very well be in jeopardy!!! This is wrong! They need to hear our voices LOUD AND CLEAR!!! From the sources I was talking to....they believe that this is just the TIP OF THE ICEBERG! This outcome will definitely impact ALL DISTRICTS not just District 10.

EXACTLY!!! This whole action could have very serious impact on snowmobiling in Ontario and our sport could very well be in jeopardy!!! This is wrong! They need to hear our voices LOUD AND CLEAR!!! From the sources I was talking to....they believe that this is just the TIP OF THE ICEBERG! This outcome will definitely impact ALL DISTRICTS not just District 10.

This could shut the trails down period.

This is an understatement Giddy!

This could shut the trails down period.

All of them. Everywhere across the Province.

That's one way McGuinty can get out of his promise to deliver all that cash when elected.

I think that until all the facts have been laid out from the OFSC that we should refrain from speculation and only post what is Fact. Alot of information can be misconstrued and its not fair to the parties involved . It sucks what is happening , but we don't want this to become a negative Domino effect . (No Punn intended)

a negative Domino effect . (No Punn intended)

Nice recovery! Thanks! ;)

I think that until all the facts have been laid out from the OFSC that we should refrain from speculation and only post what is Fact. Alot of information can be misconstrued and its not fair to the parties involved . It sucks what is happening , but we don't want this to become a negative Domino effect . (No Punn intended)

Precisely why I cannot understand why a Public statement has not been made. Not good form !

Archived