Tragedy Already

tricky

Condolences to any family that has had this pain inflicted upon them needlessly, currently or in the past. 

I went for a short ride yesterday along a railbed that was open but limited conditions. Every trail that branched off was clearly marked as closed and even a gate had been opened, yet there were the tracks of privileged "A-holes" on every one of them. I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I have little sympathy for those who know the state of the sport and the dangers that go along with playing the fool.

• Like 4

Accidents can and will happen.

Ride safe

I presume that this was on Crown land, so likely not a trespassing issue.

Speed kills.

That's life...

Reports suggest on a trail:

• A 51-year-old resident of the Greater Sudbury community of Dowling has died following a snowmobile crash Saturday on trail C111D about six kilometres from Cartier.

I am guessiong @soupkids may have more info being in his back yard.

Either way, it is unfortuenate and as stated, accidents happen, regardless of trail status, speed, etc......

No info other that above.

None of our trails are open yet.

Sad.    11pm on closed trails.    Nothing good is coming out of this.    I feel bad saying it but you can almost be assured that booze was a factor.    

Someone went in a culvert hard on Friday night around Listowel and when I drove by the spot on Sunday am there were beer cans scattered around the site. 

IMG_4517.jpeg

3 hours ago, scottyr said:

Sad.    11pm on closed trails.    Nothing good is coming out of this.    I feel bad saying it but you can almost be assured that booze was a factor.    

Someone went in a culvert hard on Friday night around Listowel and when I drove by the spot on Sunday am there were beer cans scattered around the site. 

IMG_4517.jpeg

To add insult to injury, when they came back to get the sled, someone stole the linq bags and gas can from his sled.

That bridge gets one sled a year on average 

3 hours ago, Dave K said:

To add insult to injury, when they came back to get the sled, someone stole the linq bags and gas can from his sled.

That bridge gets one sled a year on average 

I did hear that he had his bag and can stolen.    They think they know who stole it.     

23 hours ago, scottyr said:

IMG_4517.jpeg

This was actually Thurs night, on closed trail, not Fri.  I went and took pics on Fri for the club when we heard about it, but I didnt see any beer cans laying around then so?????

14 hours ago, Dave K said:

This was actually Thurs night, on closed trail, not Fri.  I went and took pics on Fri for the club when we heard about it, but I didnt see any beer cans laying around then so?????

My buddies kid sent me the pic and I thought it was Friday night.    My mistake.    We stopped at the same spot on Sunday am and all of us commented about the 5-6 Miller Lite cans laying in the culvert.    

• Like 1