D108A hornpayne to hearst

MotorCity

Can anyone provide info on this trail as the Freedom Rippers have a trip planned leaving from Wawa to Cochrane and back end of February?

Hornepayne sunk a groomer, waiting for it to be fixed. they have a farm tractor type groomer on loan but, are having issues utilizing it, for their terrain. and they are looking for volunteers to cut, trim, brush the trail. that was the last update I heard a few days ago. Ski

• Like 1

no, it is red, and closed by the ITG. from 50 miles south of Hornepayne at the Kabi River, to 60 miles north of Hornepayne at Mooseland. Ski

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, skidooboy said:

Hornepayne sunk a groomer, waiting for it to be fixed. they have a farm tractor type groomer on loan but, are having issues utilizing it, for their terrain. and they are looking for volunteers to cut, trim, brush the trail. that was the last update I heard a few days ago. Ski

Wow on a swamp. I know once, I had to stop and move trees out of area the beavers left in way. If you went too far off trail you break thru the ice on beaver pond. I had one foot almost go thru cleaning trail up. 

Here is their FB page, their trails are in rough shape from trees down and a warm winter start.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/188208353029/

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Wow on a swamp. I know once, I had to stop and move trees out of area the beavers left in way. If you went too far off trail you break thru the ice on beaver pond. I had one foot almost go thru cleaning trail up. 

Notice to those wanting to do the big loop. Unfortunately our club is awaiting a groomer. We had an unfortunate incident on Jan 8th when our only groomer suffered significant damage. Fortunately our volunteers were rescued without injuries. Everyone is suffering, especially the businesses that rely on the HIGHWAY to be available from town to town. Please do not call me with updates on when we will open. Call 1-705-335-2110 Dist15 office# to voice your displeasure. In the meantime, trailer thru Hornepayne like the rest. Happy trailering

• Sad 1

Damn, was hoping to run from Cochrane to Dubreville next weekend .. guess thats out of the question now.

Too bad , everyone was worried about half way first, then dub breaking big loop with logging operations. Now this. I wonder why Timmins side is still closed. Did they move trail around closed section or ofsc not going to allow it with half way closed? That Probabily stay red all winter now too? 😳

41 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Too bad , everyone was worried about half way first, then dub breaking big loop with logging operations. Now this. I wonder why Timmins side is still closed. Did they move trail around closed section or ofsc not going to allow it with half way closed? That Probabily stay red all winter now too? 😳

Timmins will have their section of the C101D open very shortly. They made a deal with the Mallett Lumber Company to use one of their roads for a temporary trail this year and are just clearing it of downed trees and getting it ready to open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The amount of cleared down trees that we saw this past week on our ride was just crazy and hard to believe some of the trails were able to be listed as open between that and low snow. 

I know @Steve F6 posted some pictures earlier of his local trails and the mess there too that he was helping clean up….plus of course other clubs too in the same boat. 

9 hours ago, stoney said:

The amount of cleared down trees that we saw this past week on our ride was just crazy and hard to believe some of the trails were able to be listed as open between that and low snow. 

I know @Steve F6 posted some pictures earlier of his local trails and the mess there too that he was helping clean up….plus of course other clubs too in the same boat. 

I'm sure Chapleau is having the same issue with clearing the trails.

Thanks to amazing operators and a grooming marathon on Saturday and Sunday, we are glad to open the D108A North of Hornepayne as limited. Still some branches to clear after grooming and needs another pass. 
Next is South to Dubreuilville in the next few days. 
Please refer to OFSC ITG for trail updates.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 2/2/2023 at 9:40 AM, catdog said:

Can anyone provide info on this trail as the Freedom Rippers have a trip planned leaving from Wawa to Cochrane and back end of February?

Its open as of this morning!! Ride on!!

• Like 2