State of emergency declared

Puggz

14 hours ago, slomo said:

Because he has made up most of his "facts"  - his assertions were deemed b.s. soon after his "information" was released. Now, if the PC's will just get rid of that whack job from around St. Catharines - Niagara Falls way, that should clear the deck for them. The guy out Haldimand riding way is gone already.

Those BS facts he posted are all from Health Canada, health Ontario and easily obtained on a daily basis from each and every heath unit in Ontario. he was 100% correct.

13 hours ago, capster59 said:

So coming thru sprucedale to fill up on gas...sunday noonish..OPP at road crossing. Checks papers and gives my riding partner  a breathalyzer....comes up zero as we behaving  for a change.

No questions about stay home issues...partner has southern address.

Nice. Did you trailer up to Kearny?

11 hours ago, scottyr said:

Most of his facts arent facts is why.   

They are 100% correct. I watch these stats every day not from him.

If he wasnt correct how come they didnt post any real data to refute? Just that they were misinformation. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Easier to remove and silence someone?. :wtf:.. ??.

100% 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

How come yah don't hear about all these facts?. Definitely makes you wonder, ALOT.....

Because they are internet facts only... you know... if it's on the internet it must be true. Lake Ontario is gradually evolving from a fresh water lake to salty ocean water since it is connected to the Atlantic by the St. Lawrence... I read it on the internet so it must be true.

10 hours ago, tricky said:

Baber is the York Centre MLA who combines facts with alternate facts and has strong opinions shared by many in the province/country. He is no dummy, so he had to know that he would get the boot from the PC caucus for releasing that open letter to the Honourable Premier. 

Publicly challenge your boss in any situation has consequences. Try similar in business and your looking at EI

When it comes to expert opinion do you want that of the most senior experienced experts or do you want the quasi experts. He selectively quotes the armchair experts. Something like the person who says the hospitals can't be at risk of being overwhelmed and the staff exhausted because they saw an empty emergency waiting room. That's their expert opinion without looking at the rest of the massive hospital beyond that room.

As for MPP Hilliier... his 2 sons were arrested in Perth for refusing to wear a mask in a local bar.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/hillier-brothers-mask-dispute-opp-perth-1.5831742

Edited by 02Sled
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Removal from the PC party only doesn't silence someone. He still remains an MPP for his riding and still has a vote and a voice in Queens Park. Just not as a member of the PC party

11 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Because they are internet facts only... you know... if it's on the internet it must be true. Lake Ontario is gradually evolving from a fresh water lake to salty ocean water since it is connected to the Atlantic by the St. Lawrence... I read it on the internet so it must be true.

Publicly challenge your boss in any situation has consequences. Try similar in business and your looking at EI

When it comes to expert opinion do you want that of the most senior experienced experts or do you want the quasi experts. He selectively quotes the armchair experts. Something like the person who says the hospitals can't be at risk of being overwhelmed and the staff exhausted because they saw an empty emergency waiting room. That's their expert opinion without looking at the rest of the massive hospital beyond that room.

As for MPP Hilliier... his 2 sons were arrested in Perth for refusing to wear a mask in a local bar.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/hillier-brothers-mask-dispute-opp-perth-1.5831742

As to your first point, instead of reading CBC all day, try looking it up on the Ministry sites - it's right there for you to read, plain English and clear as clear can be.

To your second point, like in anything else in this world, experts vary, opinions vary, and that is the point. 

I guess instead of hiring my own experts in my day to day, I should just take the Plaintiff counsel expert reports and pay.

Give your head a shake. 

The point is, there is BS on all sides and some truths everywhere, but you need to decide where you sit on it rather than sit back and be spoon fed.

Nothing wrong with speaking up, nothing wrong with having a voice.

The fact he was removed and not one single thing in his letter refuted speaks volumes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

yup. its more evidence that our electoral and political system is broken and must be fixed

1 minute ago, Spiderman said:

As to your first point, instead of reading CBC all day, try looking it up on the Ministry sites - it's right there for you to read, plain English and clear as clear can be.

To your second point, like in anything else in this world, experts vary, opinions vary, and that is the point. 

I guess instead of hiring my own experts in my day to day, I should just take the Plaintiff counsel expert reports and pay.

Give your head a shake. 

The point is, there is BS on all sides and some truths everywhere, but you need to decide where you sit on it rather than sit back and be spoon fed.

The fact he was removed and not one single thing in his letter refuted speaks volumes.

yup easy to get all emotional instead of actually getting the facts listed.

2 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Give your head a shake. 

And when 10 experts all agree but you're able to find 1 dissenting expert with a different opinion... Whose opinion is the accepted one.

• Like 1

It is really does not take much to simply look around and see what decisions are being made for a small percentage but yet impacts a much larger group so negatively.

Ford should have opened up the discussions that Baber brought to the table from the people he represents i.e. doing his job, to show that it is all false, but that would have shown the other MPP's that might be on the fence about speaking out regarding this, but afraid too, that they can given that other MPP's have the same thoughts or people asking the same questions......kicking him out killed two birds with one stone, removed the person going against the grain and influenced others not to take the same path - quite the communist if you ask me!

It is very hard to see the forest through the trees.....

• Like 1

Just now, T bird said:

Spiderman and 02. You guys need to step away from the keyboard for a bit and go squeeze some throttle. Just sayin!

Lol, you're absolutely right on that.

x3, we all do!

But that brings up another gray area, can I ride, where can I ride, will I get a ticket, will my truck get damaged, will I get yelled at.... :lol:

Edited by stoney
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, stoney said:

x3, we all do!

But that brings up another gray area, can I ride, where can I ride, will I get a ticket, will my truck get damaged, will I get yelled at.... :lol:

Oh I hear ya!! Was supposed to be in Mattawa still! Myself, I’m going to let the dust settle for a bit and then I’m going for day rides. Police are not going to stop you. They have way more important things to do than worrying about where people are driving from 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, slomo said:

Wow that's harsh!

3 hours ago, stoney said:

So is a lock down and stay at home order.....:coffeenose:

What prompted the breathalizer is my question....been stopped a few times and never had that happen. Fellas maintain they weren't drinking so what brought it on?

24 minutes ago, T bird said:

Oh I hear ya!! Was supposed to be in Mattawa still! Myself, I’m going to let the dust settle for a bit and then I’m going for day rides. Police are not going to stop you. They have way more important things to do than worrying about where people are driving from 

My thoughts on waiting, is future changes that might truly change the atmosphere.

I hope not, but with the craziness of what is going on, you never know.

12 minutes ago, slomo said:

What prompted the breathalizer is my question....been stopped a few times and never had that happen. Fellas maintain they weren't drinking so what brought it on?

I have never actually had one on the trails, or the road come to think of it, but it seems to becoming more commonly heard as happening on the trails.

With the MADD program that has caused these random checks to be allowed, I do not think they need any reason to do this.

Some officers like to look a little harder and perhaps inadvertently want to dig, just because they can......

FTR, I am good with the checks, but I would like to think before a breath test is done on a person, they have some tell tale sign to justify it. 

Edited by stoney
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, slomo said:

Sorry for the confusion...next riding over....Randy Hillier (Lanark—Frontenac—Kingston)

Before the 2018 election, Baber was a lawyer, primarily in the areas of insurance and commercial litigation, and is not a medical professional. Probably caved in to his campaign donors.

Outline of story:

https://globalnews.ca/news/7578229/roman-baber-ontario-mpp-lockdown-coronavirus-letter-doug-ford/

One of those 'we don't win, you dont pay lawyers?

1 hour ago, stoney said:

It is really does not take much to simply look around and see what decisions are being made for a small percentage but yet impacts a much larger group so negatively.

Ford should have opened up the discussions that Baber brought to the table from the people he represents i.e. doing his job, to show that it is all false, but that would have shown the other MPP's that might be on the fence about speaking out regarding this, but afraid too, that they can given that other MPP's have the same thoughts or people asking the same questions......kicking him out killed two birds with one stone, removed the person going against the grain and influenced others not to take the same path - quite the communist if you ask me!

I'm glad he's actually listening to the medical experts rather than taking medical advice from the armchair, no medical experience people. Something tells me those people with the medical degrees and years of experience are far better qualified. Those working in our hospitals and dealing with the patients have the best perspective. He's also looking at what is being done in other provinces and countries.

1 hour ago, stoney said:

Ford is an emotional idiot. all he had to do is say "that while we like to be a unified party we welcome new and different ideas and that while we dont necessarily agree with Roman we understand his passion and care for his consituents"..........

How hard is that?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I'm glad he's actually listening to the medical experts rather than taking medical advice from the armchair, no medical experience people. Something tells me those people with the medical degrees and years of experience are far better qualified. Those working in our hospitals and dealing with the patients have the best perspective. He's also looking at what is being done in other provinces and countries.

If that is what you believe to be happening and you are happy with it, what more can be said.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/29/2020 at 8:52 PM, Blackstar said:

There has always been, and will always be, those who are ignorant and those who just don't give a crap.

The trails near my house (which has about 6 inches of snow currently) have been well used the last few days by the same people who ran them while closed last year. They have been told several times to stay off.

Nothing changes.