State of emergency declared

Puggz

41 minutes ago, coolbane said:

Its pretty crazy how suddenly this thread about whether I can tow my sled trailer went down this rabbit hole

I called my local health unit today for confirmation of this.   They're reply is that there is nothing in the briefs that says we cannot as long as we stay within our health unit area.

They also said to carry a mask in case you stop to talk with someone outside of your household,  yes wear the mask even when outdoors as an extra precaution beyond the 6' barrier.  Also suggested carry your own food and water, and not to stop between your home and where you park your trailer.

brian

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coolbane said:

Its pretty crazy how suddenly this thread about whether I can tow my sled trailer went down this rabbit hole

I apologize for my role in hijacking the thread. The subject sure touches nerves. When I have more to say on the politics of the pandemic, I will use the 'Rant of the Day' thread. 

11 minutes ago, tricky said:

I apologize for my role in hijacking the thread. The subject sure touches nerves. When I have more to say on the politics of the pandemic, I will use the 'Rant of the Day' thread. 

Don't apologize.  I think most of us are similar to what we are thinking right now. We just want to ride, and be left the :soapbox: alone to do so. Period. End of rant.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Candubrain said:

I called my local health unit today for confirmation of this.   They're reply is that there is nothing in the briefs that says we cannot as long as we stay within our health unit area.

They also said to carry a mask in case you stop to talk with someone outside of your household,  yes wear the mask even when outdoors as an extra precaution beyond the 6' barrier.  Also suggested carry your own food and water, and not to stop between your home and where you park your trailer.

brian

Thanks for contacting your PHU. If I accept their response, I guess it would follow that the thousands of us in the GTHA who have bought permits are $hit out of luck, since there are no OFSC trails anywhere near our PHU. I tend to disagree with that interpretation, and side with my libertarian leaning friends who guarantee right of passage for me, my truck, trailer and sled to the open trail of my choice. I won't go first though.;-)   

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 3:04 PM, Puggz said:

What does that mean for us? I understand the bit about essential workers but what about getting out on our sleds?

7 minutes ago, tricky said:

In Fairness the title. "State of emergency declared" and the first post above encompasses a lot of what has been discussed, might not all be sledding related though...

1 hour ago, tricky said:

Thanks for contacting your PHU. If I accept their response, I guess it would follow that the thousands of us in the GTHA who have bought permits are $hit out of luck, since there are no OFSC trails anywhere near our PHU. I tend to disagree with that interpretation, and side with my libertarian leaning friends who guarantee right of passage for me, my truck, trailer and sled to the open trail of my choice. I won't go first though.;-)   

Use good reasonable judgement - it's all you can do, we all share the same oxygen, regardless of what PHU you live in :)

5 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Sledjunk was 65 I believe. I heard it is all over map, but but biggest age range is 55 to 70 ish I think.  Some in late 20’s to late 30’s too they said. Seems older ones die in nursing homes since they have ventilators and care there. 

I work with COVID patients daily now .. and your age bracket is on point. 50 + years of age .. as you get into the 70 yr bracket plus your chance of survival decreases rapidly. 

The youngest ive dealt with is 19 yr old but had medical issues prior to contracting. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Sledjunk was 65 I believe. I heard it is all over map, but but biggest age range is 55 to 70 ish I think.  Some in late 20’s to late 30’s too they said. Seems older ones die in nursing homes since they have ventilators and care there. 

I'm pretty sure they do not have ventilators in nursing homes. They would not have the other equipment necessary or qualified personnel on staff to support them. 

So from a good source Doug is getting his cottage painted during this pandemic and has been up almost every weekend.

Pos.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

So from a good source Doug is getting his cottage painted during this pandemic and has been up almost every weekend.

Pos.

It's been an eye opener to see the contrast between the rich and privileged and the rest of us. Makes me laugh when I see these commercials on tv saying "We're all in this together"

Publish  Doug Ford  cottage address....will bring our paint brushes and help. Thus have reason....to travel 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Pos.

7 minutes ago, capster59 said:

Publish  Doug Ford  cottage address....will bring our paint brushes and help. Thus have reason....to travel 

This^^^^^

IF this is in fact true, the media needs to be all over this with zero regard for any personal space (not that they usually do). 

So, I just returned from out west yesterday, now on my way to Edmonton and back on Tuesday, then out to winnipeg and then home for two weeks. Tell me, why is it safe for me to travel all over our country but when I get home I become a diseased pariah not welcome anywhere and not allowed to spend my vacation time sledding.  I guess my tractor is magical and can block the virus but my sleds spread it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, stoney said:

This^^^^^

IF this is in fact true, the media needs to be all over this with zero regard for any personal space (not that they usually do). 

A stakeout is needed.

6 minutes ago, zoso said:

So, I just returned from out west yesterday, now on my way to Edmonton and back on Tuesday, then out to winnipeg and then home for two weeks. Tell me, why is it safe for me to travel all over our country but when I get home I become a diseased pariah not welcome anywhere and not allowed to spend my vacation time sledding.  I guess my tractor is magical and can block the virus but my sleds spread it.

It's nonsense.  Same with me traveling to USA as essential.

1 hour ago, zoso said:

So true...

1 hour ago, zoso said:

Easy, in theory, to understand. You are delivering "essential" cargo across the country while in your tractor, but at home you are just another tax paying stiff who doesn't need to be out potentially spreading the virus. I know in practice, this explanation can get a little weak. A welder sled friend of mine works on  a downtown condo construction sight that has had a Covid 19 outbreak, but it is still "essential" that everyone come to work, even though they can't give condos away right now. I don't think that Ford is stupid, incompetent or mean, but I think he might be in over his head and the position of Premier requires super delicate compromise. I don't envy him, nor do I support all of the decisions he makes re: Covid, but rather him than Del Duca or Horvath. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tricky said:

Easy, in theory, to understand. You are delivering "essential" cargo across the country while in your tractor, but at home you are just another tax paying stiff who doesn't need to be out potentially spreading the virus. I know in practice, this explanation can get a little weak. A welder sled friend of mine works on  a downtown condo construction sight that has had a Covid 19 outbreak, but it is still "essential" that everyone come to work, even though they can't give condos away right now. I don't think that Ford is stupid, incompetent or mean, but I think he might be in over his head and the position of Premier requires super delicate compromise. I don't envy him, nor do I support all of the decisions he makes re: Covid, but rather him than Del Duca or Horvath. 

I have been running the roads since this began. When some people in the northern towns start demanding their mayor refuse outsiders in town, I feel like running to the local dump and depositing their essential products there.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

A stakeout is needed.

His cottage is down the road from my house and real close to a certain ofsc trail, could do an O.C bbq on the lake in front of his cottage, social distancing of course. If you ever see a real fat guy on a polaris snowmobile...guess who..

Edited by zx7rr
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, zoso said:

As an essential worker, do you not get the get out of jail free card like the politicians - do as you wish during your vacation!

It is only fair, right....all in this together, right.....no boundary here.....

30 minutes ago, tricky said:

I don't think that Ford is stupid, incompetent or mean, but I think he might be in over his head and the position of Premier requires super delicate compromise. I don't envy him, nor do I support all of the decisions he makes re: Covid, but rather him than Del Duca or Horvath. 

21 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Have you guys noticed the grey starting to settle in on Doug's hairdo?. 

I did notice on one of the more recent videos that he is starting to look run down, tired, maybe even desperate......

tricky might have summed it up quite well and it is starting to takes it toll.