State of emergency declared

Puggz

1 hour ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

To back up Slomo he is a very intelligent guy and a thoughtful sledder dedicated to our sport. Whats sad about our world today is the lack of debate. We usually see an insult led emotionally driven tirade by both sides.  Any response should and would be welcomed by anyone.

Yes Credit valley was in one word horrific when  my Dad went through the cancer ward there. What in reality is the real issue wont and cant be discussed as its a point that will be non politically correct. 

Thanks UTS - I was actually being sincere when I mentioned if you had any  advice about air filtering systems etc. My (other) brother's dental practice had to get these individual machines - one for each operatory and those rooms are sealed in plastic walls. Alone and lying back in the chair waiting for freezing to take effect, I "let one go" - machine made a squawk, yellow light went on and than went back to blue after a brief period of increased effort. Bunch of numbers appeared, but had my glasses off...machine seemed pretty sensitive!

For those who may have allergies etc. something like that might come in handy while isolated in a home. 

My apologies to 700king q. I am still pretty stiffed at the covid related passing away of a long time and very helpful member of this forum. RIP sled junk.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, slomo said:

Thanks UTS - I was actually being sincere when I mentioned if you had any  advice about air filtering systems etc. My (other) brother's dental practice had to get these individual machines - one for each operatory and those rooms are sealed in plastic walls. Alone and lying back in the chair waiting for freezing to take effect, I "let one go" - machine made a squawk, yellow light went on and than went back to blue after a brief period of increased effort. Bunch of numbers appeared, but had my glasses off...machine seemed pretty sensitive!

For those who may have allergies etc. something like that might come in handy while isolated in a home. 

My apologies to 700king q. I am still pretty stiffed at the covid related passing away of a long time and very helpful member of this forum. RIP sled junk.

no air quality is recommended. They say UV lights are the only way. But even that is sketchy. 

I applaud you guys here for the debating. Its good to debate, and hear everyones thoughts, feelings etc.. I would join in more, but i can't keep up typing. B). I would rather have sore hands, fingers from hanging on for dear life from riding.  May need to break the PHU this weekend and do just that. 

Keep the debate going gents.. 

1 hour ago, slomo said:

You're and gentleman and sorry for your loss

(Barrie, ON: January 20, 2021) – On January 18th, the Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs (OFSC) received the news that, effective January 21st, 2021

https://www.ofsc.on.ca/2021/01/20/ofsc-urges-all-snowmobilers-to-follow-public-health-protocols/?fbclid=IwAR0qxy4d38R5TcElM2m2YG1lPsG8w3cyqmmgVMfpJWutbPqNiKoB2vUhFD4

“NO trailering at this time to destinations that are not in your public health region, especially with companions who are not members of your immediate household.”

Avoid travelling outside their local public health regions for early season sledding, and only ride local trails when availability shows as Yellow or Green on the Interactive Trail Guide (ITG).”..

I wonder by percent, how many sleds technically should be parked right now?. Would be interesting to see the numbers.  

Edited by Turbo Doo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Second hand report of OPP officers in the Orillia area issuing tickets to 'non residents'. 

A friend heard from a friend - then advised me.

It was on his Concession Road, so I believe it.

Just fyi - deal with above info. as  you want.

Appreciate all info. to date from this group.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

Second hand report of OPP officers in the Orillia area issuing tickets to 'non residents'. 

Which is fine, write them away, if that is their mandate from above, keep your job, not worth it, but bottom line is there is nothing preventing anyone in this province from freely moving around for "essential" ( which is not defined by the way ).

If you decide to take your chances, pay the consequences  - not hard to figure out.

1 hour ago, Canuck said:

If that happened,  i think its crazy. Especially if your just riding down the trail, come to a intersection and here, heres a ticket. Sad, very sad. Maybe there was more to the tickets?. Who knows..:wtf:

Edited by Turbo Doo

44 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

If that happened,  i think its crazy.

Especially since they aren't stopping people in cars to check compliance. I'm thinking if it was me out of my health unit I would refuse to comply.

2 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

Especially since they aren't stopping people in cars to check compliance. I'm thinking if it was me out of my health unit I would refuse to comply.

What is the ticket for/charge?

They legally can't stop you for that purpose - so naturally, they will a simple document check as the reason, which is fine and a non-issue, but what is the actual charge?

7 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

They legally can't stop you for that purpose - so naturally, they will a simple document check as the reason, which is fine and a non-issue, but what is the actual charge?

If you are on the road, sled, atv anywhere in the province they do have the authority to stop you, demand paperwork etc. Can even demand a breath sample without cause. New law, passed recently.

With the emergency powers, they have the authority to lay charges.  I'm sure massive amounts of discretion will be used based on someone's attitude.

Whether they lead to a conviction is another matter.

Unless the provision has changed in the last few days .. they can NOT ticket you for travelling or can they ask where you are headed or going too.

It is a recommendation currently. 

Can they ask for ID, yes. Can they ask for suitable test for being " under the influence", yes.

Thats a very small part of the directive handed to police officers last week. 

12 minutes ago, vooodooo said:

If you are on the road, sled, atv anywhere in the province they do have the authority to stop you, demand paperwork etc. Can even demand a breath sample without cause. New law, passed recently.

With the emergency powers, they have the authority to lay charges.  I'm sure massive amounts of discretion will be used based on someone's attitude.

Yes, and that's why I said they will use the "document check" as the reason/purpose for the stop.

They can't stop you for the sole purpose of determining your reason for being out or where you are from - that's been clear in the communication and it's been legally confirmed, hence the other reason, which they can and would do - which there is no issue - it's safe/smart to make sure people are legal ( paperwork/pass wise ).

I was reluctant to post - truly detest 'ver are your papers' mindset. 

But we've all been stopped. Usually where a trail crosses a municipal road. 'Driver's Licence, Insurance, Ownership'. Usually not a problem. The wrinkle here is what the foregoing flushes out.

Hopefully this practice - either didn't happen or was just the usual check; or if happened will stop 'happening'. Folks need fresh air; there is no opportunity for this form of activity in many health units; people will go onto (dangerous) ice soon to avoid  'ver are your papers'. With dangerous consequences.

halt-where-are-your-papers.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

I wonder by percent, how many sleds technically should be parked right now?. Would be interesting to see the numbers.  

Agreed. I would like to see two numbers, either as percentages of total permit holders or even a whole # for: 1) permit holders who reside in a PHU without OFSC trail and 2) Permit holders who live in a PHU without an open OFSC trail. For 4 weeks I don't mind subsidizing those who can sled from home, but I hope it doesn't become a whole season.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Canuck said:

I was reluctant to post - truly detest 'ver are your papers' mindset. 

But we've all been stopped. Usually where a trail crosses a municipal road. 'Driver's Licence, Insurance, Ownership'. Usually not a problem. The wrinkle here is what the foregoing flushes out.

Hopefully this practice - either didn't happen or was just the usual check; or if happened will stop 'happening'. Folks need fresh air; there is no opportunity for this form of activity in many health units; people will go onto (dangerous) ice soon to avoid  'ver are your papers'. With dangerous consequences.

halt-where-are-your-papers.jpg

Luckily they put out a report saying you dont have to give them any info on where and what you are doing. 

22 hours ago, slomo said:

RIP Sled Junk. Stay safe ladies and gentlemen. We don’t want to loose another fine person from this forum. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, vooodooo said:

One of the guys in Kearney area said OPP told them there is no charge that can be laid for a snowmobiler with a valid pass riding on open OFSC trails.

If trails are yellow and green you are asked to follow the recommendation not to travel to ride but it is not a law that you can be charged for breaking.

So they were told or interpreted the conversation with an OPP officer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sksman said:

One of the guys in Kearney area said OPP told them there is no charge that can be laid for a snowmobiler with a valid pass riding on open OFSC trails.

If trails are yellow and green you are asked to follow the recommendation not to travel to ride but it is not a law that you can be charged for breaking.

Exactly, as has been pointed out - there is nothing they can do about you being from anywhere riding an open or limited trail, with a pass and all other legal requirements.

It can make for nothing more than a little conversation - which can be cordial and respectful both ways.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Trails are marked RED on the Ofsc website so now the Opp can charge all the people on the trail with trespassing.

39 minutes ago, snowchopper said:

Trails are marked RED on the Ofsc website so now the Opp can charge all the people on the trail with trespassing.

Hopefully the ink in their pens freezes.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, snowchopper said:

Hopefully the ink in their pens freezes.