B Trail Haliburton Lake to Whitney

Spudman

Just curious if this trail will be available this year.  Not sure if the Whitney end of the trail is in the Renfrew Health Unit Area.  If so probably not.  Anyone with any info.  One of my favorite trails by my cottage.  Thanks in advance.

With the whole province in grey, or shutdown status, now until January 23, why does it matter where one PHU ends and the next begins? Am I missing something here? What I originally understood was that if PHU 'A' was in yellow or green status, and PHU 'B' was in red, orange or grey, the OFSC didn't want you to sled from B into A, and therefore a section of trails between the two areas would be 'red' or closed. The whole province is in the same status, so why the red closures?

31 minutes ago, tricky said:

The whole province is in the same status, so why the red closures?

I see your point, but along with the province-wide rules and recommendations, the daily covid stats continue to show wide variations between PHU's.

• Like 1

Screenshot_20210107-205757_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

Just now, Turbo Doo said:

Be nice now Blake....B)....:ph34r:

Just trying to keep it light. LOL

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Spudman said:

Just curious if this trail will be available this year.  Not sure if the Whitney end of the trail is in the Renfrew Health Unit Area.  If so probably not.  Anyone with any info.  One of my favorite trails by my cottage.  Thanks in advance.

I think the answer is it will be on the list of closed trails.  The line is somewhere along there near the park boundary.

11 hours ago, Blake G said:

Pretty much sums it up - that's a good one :)

On 1/7/2021 at 8:59 PM, Blake G said:

I found the same one but it was the instructions for my kids online learning 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was over on the B trail today and up to South Bay.  It was yellow right to Haliburton Lake the other day but red now when I look.

Lots of tracks up on South Bay crossing causeway to the big lake.  A few fishermen on big lake but no real tracks heading up towards north end that I could see.

Hydro line will definitely need more snow to be groomed and it could be opened.

On 1/7/2021 at 12:45 PM, Spudman said:

Ask hcsa. They are very responsive with questions. I am guessing hailburton lake isn’t ready yet, which is holding up that trail. They lost trail access via moose lake because of camp was logging. Now they have to wait on hailburton lake, which takes longer, then eagle and moose. Sucks since old trail was always open in good time. 

3 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Ask hcsa. They are very responsive with questions. I am guessing hailburton lake isn’t ready yet, which is holding up that trail. They lost trail access via moose lake because of camp was logging. Now they have to wait on hailburton lake, which takes longer, then eagle and moose. Sucks since old trail was always open in good time. 

I wonder what they would say besides check the ITG? The clubs' hands are pretty much tied anymore as to what they can say. 

Oh for the days of the trail reports like what Dist'14 TATA used to post online...

10 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Access was discontinued because the camp's administration had issues with the OFSC insurance plan. 

6 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

I see. That’s too bad. I loved that trail. 

Yes, that is a tough and bitter loss.