Jump to content

eye in the sky


Wildbill
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Maybe if we eliminated the entitled azzhats that do a rip about how their actions affect the rest of us we wouldn't be subject to this possibility.

 

For any chairbound bureaucrat in Queens Park or Orillia to expect ALL sledders to putt putt along railbeds @ 50 kph, they're dumber than we think they are.

 

As per usual the OPP is dealing w/ a perceived issue that all sledders are law breakers & treat us as such. When in fact those of us who enjoy the sport wish they would deal w/ the trespassers & 'reckless/dangerous' riders who don't or won't ride to conditions...

I don't think the OPP's real intent is to bust everyone going over 50km/hr on the trails (except the egotistical SAVE team) but is more geared to get those going in an excessive and unsafe amount of speed on the trails as well those reckless and trespassing sledders who are our 1% ers. I will be asking my buddy for clarification on this as im sure those are his priorities and not those merely going 80km/hr etc and to see if they actually will be clamping down on permit compliance which will be nice to see as a change from them stopping people for val tag, insurance and registration but then they dont care about the permit, in that case id be more inclined to tell them to get off OUR trails if they aren't going to enforce the main part that runs our trails, do it all or not at all imo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Maybe if we eliminated the entitled azzhats that do a rip about how their actions affect the rest of us we wouldn't be subject to this possibility.

 

For any chairbound bureaucrat in Queens Park or Orillia to expect ALL sledders to putt putt along railbeds @ 50 kph, they're dumber than we think they are.

 

As per usual the OPP is dealing w/ a perceived issue that all sledders are law breakers & treat us as such. When in fact those of us who enjoy the sport wish they would deal w/ the trespassers & 'reckless/dangerous' riders who don't or won't ride to conditions...

Maybe that is what they are actually looking for...the tresspassers & reckless/dangerous riders. They don't stop people doing 120 on the 400 hwy even though the limit is 100.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its simple folks. Perfection does not exist so no matter the approach and no matter the law people are going to screw up and go off trial or go over the speed limit this is completely impossible to avoid entirely. The trouble lies with the exposure of relatively small incidents that gain such HUGE traction due to social media and online sharing. This new reality makes every incident into some mountainous problem when really, it is nothing of the sort.

 

The REAL problem is our policing system is capitalizing upon these mole hill/mountain events at every turn with the idiotic efforts. The worst of which being the new constitutional violating policing laws for impaired driving. This will not end well, and it will weaken the law as the constitution withers, so shall the respect of the people towards the law makers and the steps following that event? Are catastrophic. For the love of sanity THINK about this and STOP thee foolish police state efforts this is NOT GOOD no matter how you want to sell it this is fundamentally incorrect and will lead to a bad outcome over time.

 

We need respect for the law for the law to be followed. WE NEED RESPECT, not coercion and force we need the general public to respect the law, AND the police.

Remember police peoples, what most say to your face is nothing close to what they say behind your back. Do you really think further alienating the public against you is a wise policy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So we first legalize weed, buy out independent media to control the gov't propaganda feeds, then add new laws policing weed users that violate constitutional rights, and now this?

 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rcmp-recruitment-gender-1.4954015

 

 

So we are hiring criminals to the police force and lower IQ people as a police hiring mission now? You cant make this crap up.

 

Wake up yourselves Canada

Edited by crispy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Maybe that is what they are actually looking for...the tresspassers & reckless/dangerous riders. They don't stop people doing 120 on the 400 hwy even though the limit is 100.

 

Thats because people CONTINUALLY blew past the OPP "pace cars" on the hwy trying to guide the drivers into driving 100kmh. The response to this was another constitutionally violating law. The so called "street racing" law which gives police judge/jury powers on the side of the road. Until.... those Corvette dudes on the 401 who fought this hard, and got that cop fired. Of course you dont hear much about that in the media. For that? You have to file freedom of info requests or simply, go to court and watch the case

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, SuperG said:

I don't think the OPP's real intent is to bust everyone going over 50km/hr on the trails (except the egotistical SAVE team) but is more geared to get those going in an excessive and unsafe amount of speed on the trails as well those reckless and trespassing sledders who are our 1% ers. I will be asking my buddy for clarification on this as im sure those are his priorities and not those merely going 80km/hr etc and to see if they actually will be clamping down on permit compliance which will be nice to see as a change from them stopping people for val tag, insurance and registration but then they dont care about the permit, in that case id be more inclined to tell them to get off OUR trails if they aren't going to enforce the main part that runs our trails, do it all or not at all imo. 

Being they can stop 100% of sleds on the trail and create lines of people waiting to be examined as well as fined and cannot do so on the 401 ,they will adopt zero tolerance for speed so as to offset the massive overhead of using aircraft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, crispy said:

So we first legalize weed, buy out independent media to control the gov't propaganda feeds, then add new laws policing weed users that violate constitutional rights, and now this?

 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rcmp-recruitment-gender-1.4954015

 

 

So we are hiring criminals to the police force and lower IQ people as a police hiring mission now? You cant make this crap up.

 

Wake up yourselves Canada

In some ways I can see SOME of the parameters being loosened. 1. Credit check. In my very young years my credit wasn't that great. I lived pay cheque to pay cheque, learned 50 ways to make Kraft Dinner and was occasionally behind on paying a bill on time. Nothing outrageous but a late payment is a late payment. Did that make me a bad person with bad character. 2. Criminal background check. I wonder how many people when very young did something foolish like shoplifting something small through peer pressure. I know I didn't but I am sure there are some that did. Now that restriction would require some good judgement when being examined. One case of stupidity MANY years ago and nothing since. Perhaps... did they steal a car or a t-shirt. I know when a lot of businesses do background checks there is a limit to the number of years they go back. As for physical, psychological etc. they still need to be maintained.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SuperG said:

I don't think the OPP's real intent is to bust everyone going over 50km/hr on the trails (except the egotistical SAVE team) but is more geared to get those going in an excessive and unsafe amount of speed on the trails as well those reckless and trespassing sledders who are our 1% ers. I will be asking my buddy for clarification on this as im sure those are his priorities and not those merely going 80km/hr etc and to see if they actually will be clamping down on permit compliance which will be nice to see as a change from them stopping people for val tag, insurance and registration but then they dont care about the permit, in that case id be more inclined to tell them to get off OUR trails if they aren't going to enforce the main part that runs our trails, do it all or not at all imo

 

X2

 

That seems to be the #1 complaint from folks that are stopped. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, crispy said:

 

Thats because people CONTINUALLY blew past the OPP "pace cars" on the hwy trying to guide the drivers into driving 100kmh. The response to this was another constitutionally violating law. The so called "street racing" law which gives police judge/jury powers on the side of the road. Until.... those Corvette dudes on the 401 who fought this hard, and got that cop fired. Of course you dont hear much about that in the media. For that? You have to file freedom of info requests or simply, go to court and watch the case

I don't ever recall strict enforcement of the 100 kph limit on the 400 going back to when it was still in mph. They always have and always will be able to use discretion of where it makes sense. I even see the OPP going over the 100 kph.

 

If you want strict enforcement... lots of parts of the states. I have traveled quite a bit for business. Being used to 120 kph in a 100 kph I mentioned to a local. I notice that when the posted speed is 55 mph you don't see anyone going over that by any more than a couple of mph. The response... you do and you will get stopped and 5 over will get you a ticket.

Edited by 02Sled
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, crispy said:

So we first legalize weed, buy out independent media to control the gov't propaganda feeds, then add new laws policing weed users that violate constitutional rights, and now this?

 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rcmp-recruitment-gender-1.4954015

 

 

So we are hiring criminals to the police force and lower IQ people as a police hiring mission now? You cant make this crap up.

 

Wake up yourselves Canada

For years police forces in the US have been recruiting low iq people as it was found that they are less likely to question orders.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

I don't ever recall strict enforcement of the 100 kph limit on the 400 going back to when it was still in mph. They always have and always will be able to use discretion of where it makes sense. I even see the OPP going over the 100 kph.

 

If you want strict enforcement... lots of parts of the states. I have traveled quite a bit for business. Being used to 120 kph in a 100 kph I mentioned to a local. I notice that when the posted speed is 55 mph you don't see anyone going over that by any more than a couple of mph. The response... you do and you will get stopped and 5 over will get you a ticket.

Thats because old radar systems were easy to beat inn court at low levels mostly. Larger gaps in limit vs offence not so easy plus juicier fines at higher numbers so the focus was there. Once laser came out it was a whole new bag. Al Paladini campaigned on raising the speed limits and had overwhelming support. How about that photo radar crash causing folley Bob Rae tried to ram down on us? Political POISON now as a result and for good reason.

 

Anyways when the 407 opened the issue for normal speed limits became a BIG issue and we ( that be everyone I talked to ) agreed to pass the cruisers trying to pace traffic so we did. Some of us got stopped but you simply cannot stop everyone doing 130kmh because EVERYONE is doing at least 130kph on 407. More importantly this is to be seen for what it is, this is NOT breaking laws this is voting with your right foot and choosing sanity over oppression.

 

Ever been to Europe? Ive driven the Alps where one mistake means a 1000' minimum straight drop to death and the speed limits there are 130kph and out on the hwys most of Europe is 130kph+ and lets not even get to Germany where they dont have any speed limits on the major hwys and then lets not talk facts at ALLLL about accidents and death vs our rates. About the same. So the evidence points straight out that the BS we are being fed to FORCE us with police efforts to drive slower than we want is front and center and why doesnt this immediately change?

Well, thats a damn fine question Im glad someone asked. We need the political will among us to fight for these rights

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zoso said:

For years police forces in the US have been recruiting low iq people as it was found that they are less likely to question orders.

 

 

And hows the public support for the police in the US and their PR doing these days? Lets not do that to Canada

Edited by crispy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

In some ways I can see SOME of the parameters being loosened. 1. Credit check. In my very young years my credit wasn't that great. I lived pay cheque to pay cheque, learned 50 ways to make Kraft Dinner and was occasionally behind on paying a bill on time. Nothing outrageous but a late payment is a late payment. Did that make me a bad person with bad character. 2. Criminal background check. I wonder how many people when very young did something foolish like shoplifting something small through peer pressure. I know I didn't but I am sure there are some that did. Now that restriction would require some good judgement when being examined. One case of stupidity MANY years ago and nothing since. Perhaps... did they steal a car or a t-shirt. I know when a lot of businesses do background checks there is a limit to the number of years they go back. As for physical, psychological etc. they still need to be maintained.

 

If the RCMP hired on merit only? This wouldnt even be an issue at all. The PROBLEM the gov't has with their hires is filling QUOTAS of diversity that meet the grade. They CANNOT DO IT so they lower the standards to make this INSANE policy work. I want to know the people carrying ARMED WEAPONS and the authority to use them are the MOST QUALIFIED POSSIBLE I do not care if this makes them all women, or men or whatever so long as they are the best fit for the job? Im good

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, crispy said:

 

If the RCMP hired on merit only? This wouldnt even be an issue at all. The PROBLEM the gov't has with their hires is filling QUOTAS of diversity that meet the grade. They CANNOT DO IT so they lower the standards to make this INSANE policy work. I want to know the people carrying ARMED WEAPONS and the authority to use them are the MOST QUALIFIED POSSIBLE I do not care if this makes them all women, or men or whatever so long as they are the best fit for the job? Im good

You missed the part where they aren't getting enough applicants to fill the positions. Men or women.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 02Sled said:

You missed the part where they aren't getting enough applicants to fill the positions. Men or women.

 

Incorrect. If they were willing to hire all white men only the requirements would be filled instantly. I have a friend whos white and on an RCMP waiting list as a result. A white friend of mine took 16 years to get on the Fire Dept because of diversity quotas. I have numerous brown and asian friends BTW and one of my brown friends was hired immediately and promoted to management as soon as possible. Another brown friend who got hired on as border security with no credentials or school she just fit the profile. You have to be living under a rock to not know these things. Anyways, dont take my word for it. Heres a link to the newly revised in 2016 RCMP Employment Equity recruitment platform, your welcome

 

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ee-eme/index-eng.htm

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, crispy said:

 

Incorrect. If they were willing to hire all white men only the requirements would be filled instantly. I have a friend whos white and on an RCMP waiting list as a result. A white friend of mine took 16 years to get on the Fire Dept because of diversity quotas. I have numerous brown and asian friends BTW and one of my brown friends was hired immediately and promoted to management as soon as possible. Another brown friend who got hired on as border security with no credentials or school she just fit the profile. You have to be living under a rock to not know these things. Anyways, dont take my word for it. Heres a link to the newly revised in 2016 RCMP Employment Equity recruitment platform, your welcome

 

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ee-eme/index-eng.htm

 

 

Or perhaps your friend is low on the list based on scores and they take the ones who scored higher first. As for the fire department. A very good friend is a District Chief in Toronto Fire. The goal for TFS is to remove the reverse discrimination that you had to be a white male to get in. On the pre-screening questionnaire the applicant has the option to indicate if they fall into a visible minority. Many that do chose not to do so and don't complete that section. The last Recruit Class had just over 40% that fit into the category of female, aboriginal persons with disabilities or visible minorities. That means just under 60% would be white males.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

Or perhaps your friend is low on the list based on scores and they take the ones who scored higher first. As for the fire department. A very good friend is a District Chief in Toronto Fire. The goal for TFS is to remove the reverse discrimination that you had to be a white male to get in. On the pre-screening questionnaire the applicant has the option to indicate if they fall into a visible minority. Many that do chose not to do so and don't complete that section. The last Recruit Class had just over 40% that fit into the category of female, aboriginal persons with disabilities or visible minorities. That means just under 60% would be white males.

 

I dont think discrimination against any non white person in Canada is even a thing anymore. Anyone who believes that to be true is reaching pretty far and this whole concept of discrimination has been political drummed up to lure votes. I dont think racism has even been a remotely relevant reality in Canada for well over twenty years and even back then, it was very small and certainly not something I ever saw police or fire fighters doing.

 

That said I can appreciate the fact that some people out there discriminate and that is unfortunate and not a position I personally support. Racism flat out SUCKS! Sexism flat out SUCKS! But it is a small part of life that will never go away so to design our entire public policy around a minor issue that is based on some equal opportunity quote that overlooks competence is INSANE imo. How can I say something like that? Simple. I'd like to play rock star with Van Halen and make a zillion bucks but I am not competent enough to do so or I would, and no racial discrimination issue can change that for ANYONE. If it works on the macro, it works on the micro and this my friends is where the situation spirals completely into insane Trudope Ville. NONE of his policies work on a micro level, so when you blow them up HUGE like he has? They dont work any better they only take a LOT LONGER for the public to realize they dont work because its not as simple as listening to a Van Halen song replaced by two equal opportunity hires to hear something just isn't right. These are jobs done by millions of people, in thousands of departments and its not measured by public dollar vs individual or dept there is no accountability hence our IMMENSE DEBT crisis both Federally and especially Provincially. It is a crisis, if you dont recognize that your lost in confusion like most of us unfortunately and sure this doesnt sound good. ITS NOT GOOD, so ignoring it or going on some character label attack on me or anyone else discussing this wont change reality.

 

Back on track somewhat here;  I believe its far more critical and you could go as far to say its flat out essential to have the Fire Fighters be as big, strong, and capable as possible. This puts a clear advantage towards men which is by no choice or discriminatory bias, it simply IS that way for physical reasons. As for disabilities? There are not many disabilities that can go past performance considerations with regards to fire fighters OR police. A few desk jobs maybe but even then fire fighters get injured and those jobs should be there for them instead of some disability payout that costs tax payers with no return. Disabled from active truck duty does not mean disabled from work. I could go one and on again the what ifs are vast.

 

Now as for majority white men? 73% of Canadas population is WHITE and 20 years ago when many of the White Male hires were made that number was far closer to 85% and most of the immigrants coming in were ESL so its not as if we could immediately hire them for critical public service jobs in the police forces or Fire Fighting when there are layers of cultural issues to work past which would cost lives in communication chaos during crisis situations.

 

So now here we are back in real time and in reality and every news article out there on public hires has some cooky version of this total BS discrimination hire agenda and sexist this and that and all sorts of total crap. The real question I have is simple'

 

WHY?

Hire for competence only. Thats the only criteria that matters because I can assure you all with 100% CERTAINTY that if I was a one legged purple person who could not speak English? If I could outplay Eddie Van Halen on guitar by a clear factor? I wouldnt need to steal Eddie Van Halens job, id be off doing my own success story.

 

With that, I wish you all a merry Christmas, and to those who dont celebrate Christmas I wish you good days ahead and the best in 2019 for all

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, crispy said:

 

I dont think discrimination against any non white person in Canada is even a thing anymore. Anyone who believes that to be true is reaching pretty far and this whole concept of discrimination has been political drummed up to lure votes. I dont think racism has even been a remotely relevant reality in Canada for well over twenty years and even back then, it was very small and certainly not something I ever saw police or fire fighters doing.

 

That said I can appreciate the fact that some people out there discriminate and that is unfortunate and not a position I personally support. Racism flat out SUCKS! Sexism flat out SUCKS! But it is a small part of life that will never go away so to design our entire public policy around a minor issue that is based on some equal opportunity quote that overlooks competence is INSANE imo. How can I say something like that? Simple. I'd like to play rock star with Van Halen and make a zillion bucks but I am not competent enough to do so or I would, and no racial discrimination issue can change that for ANYONE. If it works on the macro, it works on the micro and this my friends is where the situation spirals completely into insane Trudope Ville. NONE of his policies work on a micro level, so when you blow them up HUGE like he has? They dont work any better they only take a LOT LONGER for the public to realize they dont work because its not as simple as listening to a Van Halen song replaced by two equal opportunity hires to hear something just isn't right. These are jobs done by millions of people, in thousands of departments and its not measured by public dollar vs individual or dept there is no accountability hence our IMMENSE DEBT crisis both Federally and especially Provincially. It is a crisis, if you dont recognize that your lost in confusion like most of us unfortunately and sure this doesnt sound good. ITS NOT GOOD, so ignoring it or going on some character label attack on me or anyone else discussing this wont change reality.

 

Back on track somewhat here;  I believe its far more critical and you could go as far to say its flat out essential to have the Fire Fighters be as big, strong, and capable as possible. This puts a clear advantage towards men which is by no choice or discriminatory bias, it simply IS that way for physical reasons. As for disabilities? There are not many disabilities that can go past performance considerations with regards to fire fighters OR police. A few desk jobs maybe but even then fire fighters get injured and those jobs should be there for them instead of some disability payout that costs tax payers with no return. Disabled from active truck duty does not mean disabled from work. I could go one and on again the what ifs are vast.

 

Now as for majority white men? 73% of Canadas population is WHITE and 20 years ago when many of the White Male hires were made that number was far closer to 85% and most of the immigrants coming in were ESL so its not as if we could immediately hire them for critical public service jobs in the police forces or Fire Fighting when there are layers of cultural issues to work past which would cost lives in communication chaos during crisis situations.

 

So now here we are back in real time and in reality and every news article out there on public hires has some cooky version of this total BS discrimination hire agenda and sexist this and that and all sorts of total crap. The real question I have is simple'

 

WHY?

Hire for competence only. Thats the only criteria that matters because I can assure you all with 100% CERTAINTY that if I was a one legged purple person who could not speak English? If I could outplay Eddie Van Halen on guitar by a clear factor? I wouldnt need to steal Eddie Van Halens job, id be off doing my own success story.

 

With that, I wish you all a merry Christmas, and to those who dont celebrate Christmas I wish you good days ahead and the best in 2019 for all

I cannot remember a time with more hatred and division

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Internet. Unlimited, uncurated information is everywhere.

 

People often consume the drivel that reinforces their pre-existing views (which may be half-baked or even wrong). Folks are encouraged to see things in black and white, when reality is actually very complex. Movements and interest groups deliberately reinforce and capitalize on the black and white thinking.

 

Presto. Polarization.

 

Millions of people have come to believe their personal opinion on a topic is as valid as the opinion of an actual expert in the field.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Internet. Unlimited, uncurated information is everywhere.

 

People often consume the drivel that reinforces their pre-existing views (which may be half-baked or even wrong). Folks are encouraged to see things in black and white, when reality is actually very complex. Movements and interest groups deliberately reinforce and capitalize on the black and white thinking.

 

Presto. Polarization.

 

Millions of people have come to believe their personal opinion on a topic is as valid as the opinion of an actual expert in the field.

 

I can't wait for the rebuttal. :lol:

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I could be wrong.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Old Sledder said:

Guys, really enough of this. Please kill this thread. 

X2 ,this debate club is getting boring ,we need snow 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Blake G said:

Internet. Unlimited, uncurated information is everywhere.

 

People often consume the drivel that reinforces their pre-existing views (which may be half-baked or even wrong). Folks are encouraged to see things in black and white, when reality is actually very complex. Movements and interest groups deliberately reinforce and capitalize on the black and white thinking.

 

Presto. Polarization.

 

Millions of people have come to believe their personal opinion on a topic is as valid as the opinion of an actual expert in the field.

 

The incredibly poor journalism done today to sell ads instead of fairly presenting the facts with inflicting opinion does not help

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...