Road Trip next week? Anyone interested

Nunz

I remember a club ride that went to north bay and back many years ago.

The ride home was a rag tag hungover garbage bag clad group of rider heading home Sunday.

Fun times

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Doris26 and I left Hearst around 9, rode basically non-stop down to Hornepayne.  I had been watching the weather radar, knowing we'd be getting some rain, and we got it, for about an hour starting at Mooseland.  It was damp & misty the whole day anyway, but the rain was kinda disgusting.  Undergatchies were kinda soggy by the time we hit Hornepayne.  Anyway, had a great lunch with Nunz & the gang at Cindy's, got to chat with Matt17 a bit.  What a great guy, super pleasant to talk to !

We all fuelled up and headed back to Hearst, trails had been kinda beat from the mild temps, but the groomer had headed out just after we passed, and groomed up the trail almost all the way to the highway crossing.  Riding was awesome on the freshly groomed trail, were able to keep a better pace.  Got in to Hearst, minus 1 rider, Doris ran out of fuel about 3 km back ... towed her in to the gas station and all was good.  Stopped by work and washed the slush off her sled (from the tow ride), headed home and changed into some dry clothes after a shower.

Had a nice Vodka Cranberry drink at the motel room (Thanks AC+YA),  some nice relaxing conversation, a welcome change from the usual little bits of chat (often too brief) that happen too quick when folks come up for a road trip.  Great supper chatting with Nunz, Karen, Scott, Paige, Jeff, and Big Ed.  Got to chat with my Southern friends more, there sure are some good people in the world.

Hope you have a nice ride to Moonbeam and the drive south, we're thinking of you !

Sounds like you all had a great memorable ride! The warm up screwed everyone, I didn't think it would get that far north. Come on mother nature! Let's get winter back! Zrtkat and crew will be up shortly. Hopefully it's - Temp's.

31 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

Hoping for you, Zrtcat and crew. It's a long way to come to just play in the rain.

It's looking better this week. Cooler temps starting Wednesday and back to nearly normal by the weekend. I don't guarantee that the trails will be groomed everywhere but it'll be cold enough to groom. 

Got to Kap around 1030pm Wednesday night, met up with Northstar aka Ed and Grasshopper aka Jeff and left the Super 8 around 8am for Dub as our destination, Had lunch in Hornepayne at Uncles, decent food.. good fast riding 260 mile ride and got into the Magpie at 530ish, Great place and we will be back there for sure in the future, met up with Scott and Paige for dinner and planned out the next day's ride to Halfway haven for lunch and a little playtime in the Wawa area in the powder and had dinner at Hawk Junction which unfortunately took about 2 hours as there was a big group in the there. The next morning we woke to drizzle and light rain and set out for Horneypayne. met up with Matt at the warm up shack and he guided us to Hornepayne and had lunch at Cindy's, highly recommend to anyone. Denis and Doris also made the trip down and we all rode back to Hearst together, had a nice group dinner and called it a night, next morning the four of us left by 730am and rode to Moonbeam for breakfast, nice way to end the trip and back to Kap for the long drive home, On the way home stopped in at the Rock Pine for dinner and met the New Liskeard club president who is on here but sorry I forget his and his families names. Total mileage for the weekend was 820 miles over the four days and a lifetime of laughs and memories...

assault1.jpg

assault2.jpg

assault3.jpg

assault4.jpg

assault5.jpg

assault6.jpg

assault7.jpg

Great trip Nunz.

"four days and a lifetime of laughs and memories... "

That says everything.:rolleyes:

Good for you guys

18 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

"four days and a lifetime of laughs and memories... "

That says everything.:rolleyes:

Good for you gays

I'm going to assume that was a typo. :D

Sorry :D

Glad the rest of your trip went well. It was great to meet up to ride with you guys and gals. I think you got lucky with the timing as this week won't have as good riding. Base will hold up trails will be rough until it is cold enough to groom. 

Sure is fun riding with you guys!  I hope the ride to Hearst wasn't too boring for you. .. would have been a more brisk pace with normal temps. .. next time! !!!

2 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Sure is fun riding with you guys!  I hope the ride to Hearst wasn't too boring for you. .. would have been a more brisk pace with normal temps. .. next time! !!!

We had a blast buddy!! No complaints at all. Love running that section along the Highway with the roller bumps.. 

Great photos, Nunz. Great seeing Groomer Guy in 1 of them.  The local hotel in D'ville is awesome, isn't it! Thx for the ride report. 

Looks like a blast.  Great pics!  Thanks for all the help with our future trip Nunz!

Thanks Nunz for putting it out there so we all could get together.  It was a great time and thanks to all we got to see and ride with.

(Sorry about the lake slush Karen.  Not my favorite either.)

Paige and Scott

Archived