Road Trip next week? Anyone interested

Nunz

19 minutes ago, Domino said:

I had that feeling once.  The smell and the clean up....

:ehh:    :D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up the new Sled today and as much as I loved the ride of the X the Assault I think even better handling. Very impressed. We did a 115 Mile today around Mattawa and trails are in great shape. Had dinner with my brother, 14snow and AkronSnow And his son tonight, SJ arrived after dinner and Snowcrazy is coming up in the am and we will be heading out for a ride. Also saw a Moose on the A trail this afternoon.

IMG_1220.JPG

Here's a pic of the Moose.

IMG_1231.JPG

Have fun buddy.  Your pants match the sled pretty darn good also.

Weather is not looking good south of Cochrane this coming week, was thinking about heading up to Cochrane or Kap. I need to do 500 miles this week for break in and first service of new sled. What time are you planning to leave kap, I would like to tag along with you guys if I could.  

25 minutes ago, northstar said:

Weather is not looking good south of Cochrane this coming week, was thinking about heading up to Cochrane or Kap. I need to do 500 miles this week for break in and first service of new sled. What time are you planning to leave kap, I would like to tag along with you guys if I could.  

God, not another Polaris guy .... guess I'll leave the trailer pinned up to the pickup all week ...... :icon_lolsign:

18 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

God, not another Polaris guy .... guess I'll leave the trailer pinned up to the pickup all week ...... :icon_lolsign:

LOL not a polaris, this time a yamaha but I have seen a few of them on the side of the trail so don t unhook that trailer to quick

27 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Good idea for sure....

:D

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:53 AM, northstar said:

Looking forward to meeting you Wednesday night and a great few days of sledding ahead.

46 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

Have a great trip gentlemen. Is Karen going too Nunz?

Hell ya...she wouldn't miss a trip like this, she wasn't a happy camper this past weekend knowing I was riding without her.

28 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

I don't blame her but I didn't get your itinerary and I haven't met Karen yet. That is why I asked.

We will be riding Muskoka trails hopefully a week Sunday the 29th, maybe we could meet for lunch trailside if you are game for that.

I have to check my calendar for doctor appointments etc. I hope I can finish the service on my sled this week and give it a shake down. Yes I would be game for that. I will check my calendar when I get home Friday or Saturday.

Hitting the road early this afternoon for Kap, meeting up with Northstar and my friend Jeff tonight and hitting the trails Thursday am, plan is to meet Scott and Paige for dinner Thursday night and ride with them for the weekend and meet up with Denis and family Saturday, Really looking forward to staying at the Magpie, their website looks good.

7 hours ago, Nunz said:

Hitting the road early this afternoon for Kap, meeting up with Northstar and my friend Jeff tonight and hitting the trails Thursday am, plan is to meet Scott and Paige for dinner Thursday night and ride with them for the weekend and meet up with Denis and family Saturday, Really looking forward to staying at the Magpie, their website looks good.

You won't be disappointed Nunz great place to stay !!!!

Doris26 and I left Hearst around 9, rode basically non-stop down to Hornepayne.  I had been watching the weather radar, knowing we'd be getting some rain, and we got it, for about an hour starting at Mooseland.  It was damp & misty the whole day anyway, but the rain was kinda disgusting.  Undergatchies were kinda soggy by the time we hit Hornepayne.  Anyway, had a great lunch with Nunz & the gang at Cindy's, got to chat with Matt17 a bit.  What a great guy, super pleasant to talk to !

We all fuelled up and headed back to Hearst, trails had been kinda beat from the mild temps, but the groomer had headed out just after we passed, and groomed up the trail almost all the way to the highway crossing.  Riding was awesome on the freshly groomed trail, were able to keep a better pace.  Got in to Hearst, minus 1 rider, Doris ran out of fuel about 3 km back ... towed her in to the gas station and all was good.  Stopped by work and washed the slush off her sled (from the tow ride), headed home and changed into some dry clothes after a shower.

Had a nice Vodka Cranberry drink at the motel room (Thanks AC+YA),  some nice relaxing conversation, a welcome change from the usual little bits of chat (often too brief) that happen too quick when folks come up for a road trip.  Great supper chatting with Nunz, Karen, Scott, Paige, Jeff, and Big Ed.  Got to chat with my Southern friends more, there sure are some good people in the world.

Hope you have a nice ride to Moonbeam and the drive south, we're thinking of you !

39 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Doris26 and I left Hearst around 9, rode basically non-stop down to Hornepayne.  I had been watching the weather radar, knowing we'd be getting some rain, and we got it, for about an hour starting at Mooseland.  It was damp & misty the whole day anyway, but the rain was kinda disgusting.  Undergatchies were kinda soggy by the time we hit Hornepayne.  Anyway, had a great lunch with Nunz & the gang at Cindy's, got to chat with Matt17 a bit.  What a great guy, super pleasant to talk to !

We all fuelled up and headed back to Hearst, trails had been kinda beat from the mild temps, but the groomer had headed out just after we passed, and groomed up the trail almost all the way to the highway crossing.  Riding was awesome on the freshly groomed trail, were able to keep a better pace.  Got in to Hearst, minus 1 rider, Doris ran out of fuel about 3 km back ... towed her in to the gas station and all was good.  Stopped by work and washed the slush off her sled (from the tow ride), headed home and changed into some dry clothes after a shower.

Had a nice Vodka Cranberry drink at the motel room (Thanks AC+YA),  some nice relaxing conversation, a welcome change from the usual little bits of chat (often too brief) that happen too quick when folks come up for a road trip.  Great supper chatting with Nunz, Karen, Scott, Paige, Jeff, and Big Ed.  Got to chat with my Southern friends more, there sure are some good people in the world.

Hope you have a nice ride to Moonbeam and the drive south, we're thinking of you !

You should get a plastic siphon pump from crappy tire. They fold up real small and has about 10 feet of hose. I used it several times in past, when one sled was using more fuel. It is great if you ever break down and need to transfer fuel to one sled to tow another one out or to ride double back to your starting point. I won't go any where without mine :-).

A friend of mine was on the RAP a few years back. They got hit with rain and freezing rain for the 2nd and 3rd days. End of the second day they were soaked through and breaking sheets of ice off their suits. Before they set out on the 3rd day a guy where they were staying drove them to get rain suits to go over the sled suits and rubber gloves.. Now they won't go overnight without packing them 

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

A friend of mine was on the RAP a few years back. They got hit with rain and freezing rain for the 2nd and 3rd days. End of the second day they were soaked through and breaking sheets of ice off their suits. Before they set out on the 3rd day a guy where they were staying drove them to get rain suits to go over the sled suits and rubber gloves.. Now they won't go overnight without packing them 

A few years ago we were out in the mattawa area and we got caught at lake nososobong in rain really bad rain.  We were at a restaurant and had the kids with us this Time.  We knew we has a good afternoon of riding ahead of us.  The kind people at the restaurant gave us garbage bags which helped keep us a little bit drier than nothing.  We had 2 on each kid lol they still got wet but not as bad as it could have been.  So garbage bags work too if there is nothing else around.

Archived