Seguin trail

andreyboater

Any updates on Seguin trail & 201? Thank's 

myself and jason packed it with the groomer the thursday night and there were a few waterholes. We packed to bear lake and noticed highland rovers groomed from kearney to bear lake. It is NOT opened yet! so please dont be like some and go on it we want those water spots to freeze up. Yesterday we packed from wildbills place on the C trail heading to the parry island bridge on 210 and then on C alt into parry sound at the bridge. That section going into town off the rose point trail NEEDS more snow a lot of rocks in the section. Then we packed the C trail south of wildbills place down to memories of muskoka. Some wet areas were found although it was better than i thought it would be south of wildbills. Some more snow and cold is needed. We might go out today and pack the 201, but the nights driving in the groomer for 12hrs each im pretty sore as the passenger doesnt have an air ride seat! lol. 

Thank you guys you make a lot of job to make a pleasant and safe trails, for sure every respectful sleder will wait for time when trails will be ready.

Awesome job SuperG. Thanks for your continued efforts!

4 hours ago, Blake G said:

Awesome job SuperG. Thanks for your continued efforts!

X 2...much appreciated, SG.

Well im just heading out in the groomer in 10 mins, we will be packing again down to memories of muskoka and then starting to pack the 201. Hopefully we can also pack that swamp south of memories. If we have time then we might drag C alt from wildbills north to the end of the 210. 

meanwhile the seguin trail was dragged lastnight to bear lake. still some water holes but they are starting to come along. 

Opening the trails isn't fun. I did a ride along once w/ a groomer and I was a bit uneasy going thru the swampy sections. Paudash posted a pic on their Facebook page last night:

mud hole on trail.jpg

The sledder was a helper riding along w/ the groomer.

Can you imagine the number of calls the clubs would've got if they had said this week,  "the trails are open"?

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

Opening the trails isn't fun. I did a ride along once w/ a groomer and I was a bit uneasy going thru the swampy sections. Paudash posted a pic on their Facebook page last night:

mud hole on trail.jpg

The sledder was a helper riding along w/ the groomer.

Can you imagine the number of calls the clubs would've got if they had said this week,  "the trails are open"?

or lawsuits

yeah baby

1 hour ago, Wildbill said:

Seguin trail available and parts of it available limited . 201 is being packed as we speak 

Thanks to all the volunteers.  Especially with Christmas being so busy for everyone

Well there were some muddy areas on C south of wildbills place almost to memories of muskoka. As well another big mud hole on the 201 just north of memories of muskoka about 40' long. 

An yes woohoo they opened up the seguin trail. If you do venture out on it just be very careful especially the pond about 3 or 4 kms east of nippissing rd as the groomer broke through it last night although they filled it as much as possible with snow. 

IMG_2929.JPG

17 minutes ago, SuperG said:

Well there were some muddy areas on C south of wildbills place almost to memories of muskoka. As well another big mud hole on the 201 just north of memories of muskoka about 40' long. 

An yes woohoo they opened up the seguin trail. If you do venture out on it just be very careful especially the pond about 3 or 4 kms east of nippissing rd as the groomer broke through it last night although they filled it as much as possible with snow. 

IMG_2929.JPG

I'm waiting patiently for things to firm up. Barrie news is showing sleds out on the trails right now saying 250 km open in Sprinwater, Clearview Oro Medonte and Wasaga

14 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I'm waiting patiently for things to firm up. Barrie news is showing sleds out on the trails right now saying 250 km open in Sprinwater, Clearview Oro Medonte and Wasaga

Yes me as well. Need some more snow and COLD for me to try to get out as well i get my sled on wed. I just saw that on barrie news as well. I do believe that area got more snow then we even got so good for them to get their trails open. 

On Sunday around 7pm when we left a cottage, temperature was -24C at Humphrey, I hope it helps to freeze up all watery spots on trails and we will be good for Christmas ride.   

3 hours ago, andreyboater said:

On Sunday around 7pm when we left a cottage, temperature was -24C at Humphrey, I hope it helps to freeze up all watery spots on trails and we will be good for Christmas ride.   

It will help but all the snow on top insulates the ground from the cold temperatures. The cold also doesn't help the snow pack down to form a hard pack base. 

Not looking good temperature wise this week. +3 and rain/snow mix for sat :(.

17 minutes ago, SuperG said:

Not looking good temperature wise this week. +3 and rain/snow mix for sat :(.

No kidding the long range looks awful as well.  Looks like a warm spell for at least 3 weeks.

I am coming from Huntsville and would like to Stage somewhere as close to Bear Lake as possible so that I can ride the Seguin trail. Usually I would park in Sprucedale, but since the trails are not open there yet, I need some advice. Thanks.

56 minutes ago, Muskoka_Mike said:

I am coming from Huntsville and would like to Stage somewhere as close to Bear Lake as possible so that I can ride the Seguin trail. Usually I would park in Sprucedale, but since the trails are not open there yet, I need some advice. Thanks.

Park at the service centre on 400 at the start of the seguin. 

32 minutes ago, reevester said:

Park at the service centre on 400 at the start of the seguin.

I am coming from Huntsville, I do not want to travel all the way to Parry Sound. I know there is parking there, I just do not want to drive that far. I will be riding at night and would prefer to cut the travel time. Thanks.

34 minutes ago, Muskoka_Mike said:

I am coming from Huntsville, I do not want to travel all the way to Parry Sound. I know there is parking there, I just do not want to drive that far. I will be riding at night and would prefer to cut the travel time. Thanks.

I see. Im betting the rest of it opens from kearney soon. Been groomed twice maybe another time by now when I was up and was lots of guys riding it.......

If you go down john street in bear lake at the end of the road is the seguin trail, you might be able to leave the vehicle there and sled in then.. or in sprucedale you can park at the arena and cross the road to the trail and have a blast, although technically sprucedale section is closed to kearney... 

Archived