Peterborough Sledarama

Turbo Doo

be wearing my red oc hat and most likely a blu/b;ack mopar jacket,

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope to meet a few guys.

Heading out of Gravenhurst. See you in Peterborough, OC'ers.

Heading out of Sudbury shortly.

Take care.

53 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

Drive safe people. Windy as h;/? here and slippery as puppy crap. Being like the first snow of the season will be the slipperiest . Hope the road guys have been out for you.

X2!! 

It's windy as hell here too, and I am protected by houses/living in the city! The open roads/fields, I can only imagine. 

Arrived at show. Parking lot is full. Windy! Looking forward to seeing some oc'ers . Start at Wildbill's. 

Just missed you, Canuck.

just got back from the show . Monte and I arrived as it opened, parked close to the door, no line up at the arena to get in! Great show, talked to Intrepid Snowmobiler and the Lesters outside, and  bought gloves from WildBill for a great price.

Looks like another success!

The cold and windy line wasn't too big at 815

The door opened at 825.

2016-11-20 13.25.53.jpg

Plenty of vendors spread over the two buildings.

There was also an outside area for swapping and buying used stuff.

2016-11-20 13.22.18.jpg2016-11-20 13.21.11.jpg

There seemed to be a good crowd by 9 a.m. The only OC'ers I ran into were Wildbill (with son and staff), Snocrazy (with Ms Snocrazy), and Steve Hutton at the Prostate Extreme Team booth. I also chatted with the Intrepid Sledder, and had a good conversation with Phil Molto, of Snowmobiler T.V.

2016-11-20 13.24.25.jpg

I spoke briefly with Terry from District 6. He's a busy fellow.

2016-11-20 13.26.28.jpg

I'd like to have one of these Grand Touring sleds some day. Seemed like a good price, but I'd be tempted to spend more and get the SE model.

2016-11-20 13.27.15.jpg

I paid 110 dollars for an add-on gas can carrier, complete with a pair of two-gallon cans. I know I will be using this contraption from time to time.

2016-11-20 13.28.07.jpg

It was an enjoyable two and a half hours.  I was out of there by 11 a.m. and pulled into Buttertarts and More around 11:30. Home by 1:00.

Wife and I got to the show about 12:30.

Ran into a few guys (sorry forgot names)

Spent some $$$$ at wild bills place.

I saved  big on my purchase but factor in gas and stuff, net savings zilch.

Can't even say it was a nice day for a drive, weather in peterborough sucks, wet snow, wicked wind. 

On a positive note the sun is shining at home and I had a very enjoyable day out with my wife ( who napped most of the way down and I expect the same on the way home)

I was there around 9 lots to look at seen wild bill but he was surrounded at the time chatted with a few people didn't see anything I liked or needed was shopping at farm boys by 10 30

Were back from the show!. Had a great time.. Was very nice to see Sledjunk, irREVerent, and revrnd and also to chat with Canuck. Had a good time out for lunch with Sledjunk and irREVerent discussing this upcoming seasons trips. All in all a good show, spent a little and was good to see some of the OC gang..

I must say I enjoyed the show.  And the weather just put me 'in the mood' :lol:  I guess I should really put the snow tires on the cars now :oops:

50 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

I must say I enjoyed the show.  And the weather just put me 'in the mood' :lol:  I guess I should really put the snow tires on the cars now :oops:

Good to put some faces to the nicknames. Ran into a couple of folks that I haven't seen in years.

The southbound traffic (lines of vehicles) made me glad I didn't have to head back to Oshawa in it like the old days.

46 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

You really have the Dutchman thinking of tires now SJ..B)

And that's a good thing, IQ...LOL.

Great to see you guys and SJ...and to chat with Canuck...and Viper...and Big Fish...and to (finally) meet revrnd, after all these years.

53 minutes ago, irREVerent said:

And that's a good thing, IQ...LOL.

I think they are well worth the money for the peace of mind.  Get them with separate rims and the twice yearly swap is easier and cheaper.  Both sets of tires will last longer and you will have the right tires for each season.

24 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

I think they are well worth the money for the peace of mind.  Get them with separate rims and the twice yearly swap is easier and cheaper.  Both sets of tires will last longer and you will have the right tires for each season.

The swap is easier and cheaper? Does this mean you don't swap them over yourself? I kind of figured you would have the air gun and everything to do it at home 

1 hour ago, sledjunk said:

X 2...

Archived