Cochrane This Weekend

Doze00F7

Now who is on their side :poke2:

Thanks for the report. Is the snow still in the forecast?

Touché .... nothing significant for accumulation. Little bit here & there. Cooler temps though, more seasonal. I so don't want it to be over but I can't justify crawling through dirt & gravel to ride.

I might have a change of heart come Saturday though ....

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Touché .... nothing significant for accumulation. Little bit here & there. Cooler temps though, more seasonal. I so don't want it to be over but I can't justify crawling through dirt & gravel to ride.

I might have a change of heart come Saturday though ....

I've heard that @ the end of the season when E107 was closer to our place. Hardly any snow in the yard, sled parked for the season & you could hear sleds in the distance. "Why do I have to replace my sliders before every season?"

Went to Arnie's this morning and asked to get my zr9000 back. Dropped it off a few days ago for summerizing but changed my mind and decided to try Cochrane for a couple of days.

post-22473-0-64676600-1458144660_thumb.jpg

I am interested in going up if I can find others interested.

I'm heading up Thursday night from the GTA and will look for some of you guys.   We will be the group of four with 3 Summit's (they will look out of place this time of the year :D ).   Staying at the Westway.   Plans on Friday are north up the A103 depending on conditions

T

4 of us are heading up in the morning. Staying at the Westway until Sunday am. Thinking canyon run on Friday if it's groomed Thursday night.

Me and wife just got back from a ride, first one since sunday.. I can not believe the trails held up as good as they did with all the rain and warm Temps they did OK, groomers are out full force doing what they can with what they have. Snow would be nice. If you do not mind take it easy, lay back take your time riding.. a bit of gravel and mud here and there come on up and enjoy.

Son and I are heading up Friday morning staying at the Westway till sunday.

Riding the canyon Saturday.

My trck is an 06 Ram QC 4x4 with a black enclosed Flow trailer.

Sled are those in my avatar 16 SB adventure and 10 SB 600.

Depending what time we get in may make a warm up ride friday sometime.

PM me if you want my cell # to text me at.

Son and I are heading up Friday morning staying at the Westway till sunday.

Riding the canyon Saturday.

My trck is an 06 Ram QC 4x4 with a black enclosed Flow trailer.

Sled are those in my avatar 16 SB adventure and 10 SB 600.

Depending what time we get in may make a warm up ride friday sometime.

PM me if you want my cell # to text me at.

How old is your son SoupKid?   My kid is 19 and my buddies kid is 15, I will look for you.

T

How old is your son SoupKid?   My kid is 19 and my buddies kid is 15, I will look for you.

T

17 going on 30 !!!!

Me and wife just got back from a ride, first one since sunday.. I can not believe the trails held up as good as they did with all the rain and warm Temps they did OK, groomers are out full force doing what they can with what they have. Snow would be nice. If you do not mind take it easy, lay back take your time riding.. a bit of gravel and mud here and there come on up and enjoy.

Cookster, Where did you ride today?

Cottage is near green water park, so took A to cochrane then "loop around cochrane L109" and then the "genier loop L101" back to A up into park and then home, just a small loop 80 km or so.

Perfect. I might try something like that out of Westway tomorrow.

Groomers have touched them all, enjoy ride safe they are not in shape for speed but they are still trails to ride.

You hanging around thru the weekend Blake ?  I might make an appearance Saturday .... thinking of driving down and dropping the sled either in Moonbeam or SRF ...

Hi Denis! That could be a workable idea. My current plan is to leave Saturday noonish but that could change. I will keep you posted.

Facebook said Cochrane and SRF clubs had 2 groomers each working last night. As far as I know trails were already good before that. Snowed 1 cm in Cochrane overnight and still lightly snowing. Calling for 2 cm today.

Sledjunk might not be able to make it. Today I think I'll try cookster's route. Tomorrow maybe canyon.

Make sure you guys up there go to Terry's Steakhouse, we were there last Saturday and the food was amazing!!!

I decided not to go up this weekend.  Had a great EOS ride last weekend and this would have been a long drive on my own.  Hope next year is much better.

I decided not to go up this weekend. Had a great EOS ride last weekend and this would have been a long drive on my own. Hope next year is much better.

You are closer then me, by 3 hours. Wish I could go, but working. Maybe next year. Have a good summer.

Hi Denis! That could be a workable idea. My current plan is to leave Saturday noonish but that could change. I will keep you posted.

Facebook said Cochrane and SRF clubs had 2 groomers each working last night. As far as I know trails were already good before that. Snowed 1 cm in Cochrane overnight and still lightly snowing. Calling for 2 cm today.

Sledjunk might not be able to make it. Today I think I'll try cookster's route. Tomorrow maybe canyon.

I have no particular desire to do the canyon, at least not this year.  I DO want to visit the lookout tower in Greenstone, and ride anything East of the Moonbeam clubhouse.  

Note that Kap has advised that the L123 Opasatika to L145 (143 ?) will be plowed as of today, and closed.

Make sure you confirm that gas is available at the canyon if you don't pack extra.  I thought I read that they were closed but could be mistaken.

Make sure you confirm that gas is available at the canyon if you don't pack extra.  I thought I read that they were closed but could be mistaken.

It will be open, we were told last weekend that as long as the gas is available the trail stays open,  Right from the Polar Bears club.

Rode the trails inside the orange line today, some more than once. Almost 200 miles. Grooming is going on.

"Top A" Trail to SRF has been groomed but it was still a jiggletit ride today. Ok at 75 kph in my opinion but not 75 mph for the most part. A little smoother on the SRF side.

Other trails were better. I especially liked the ones heading toward Timmins and toward Iroquois Falls. Seem to have been less used last weekend, so are responding a little better to grooming efforts. Give them an 8 and the "A" to SRF a 7. If I'd been riding with some other sleds I would have wanted to continue to either Timmins or Iroquois Falls. As it was I went halfway to each then backtracked. At 1 p.m. today I was the first sled on the A106C, so I didn't think it was the best trail to be riding alone

The trail up to Canyon was mildly mogulled this morning when I investigated. When I looked again around noon a groomer had gone up - - not sure how far though.

I agree with cookster that all the trails around here are good to ride, but not for setting high speed records.

post-22473-0-90894000-1458248385_thumb.jpg

Food thoughts.

Ice Hut ratings out of 10:

Banquetburger 8

Wings 6

Daily special (mango curry chicken with asparagus and fancy mashed potatoes) 9

Deep fried Mars bar with whipped cream, ice cream, caramel sauce 9

Service 7

Ambience = tavernish

Overall = 8

Terry's

Banquet burger 8.5