Cochrane This Weekend

Doze00F7

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope so!  We are planning a trip to Kapuskasing on Wednesday for the weekend.  Hopefully we will get some positive reports from locals beforehand.

We are still a go for Cochrane this weekend, will be there by noon Thursday and heading home Sunday, Looking forward to meeting the gang at Moonbeam Saturday and a little ride before heading back to Cochrane. Staying optimistic for the weather and trails. Planning on riding the Canyon Friday.

Five of us are debating the 10 hour drive up.   Probably make our decision tonight.

Any recommendations for lodging?  Last year we stayed in the igloos at the north adventure.   They tried to screw us over on a bogus charge, so not sure I want to go back there.

Here's something to consider .......

post-22850-0-90344600-1457373522_thumb.jpg

No problem with the trails until the rains on Wednesday, then -15 overnight.  If you're coming up, prepare for crappy and potentially ice covered highways.

Five of us are debating the 10 hour drive up.   Probably make our decision tonight.

Any recommendations for lodging?  Last year we stayed in the igloos at the north adventure.   They tried to screw us over on a bogus charge, so not sure I want to go back there.

We are staying at the Westway, they are very nice to deal with, Timmies and Gas next door. Let me know if you guys decide to come up there.

Here's something to consider .......

attachicon.gifMar 7 weather.JPG

No problem with the trails until the rains on Wednesday, then -15 overnight.  If you're coming up, prepare for crappy and potentially ice covered highways.

Denis, on the weather network it is saying 4 on Friday and 9 Saturday, big discrepancy with the forecast...

I'm going to have to cancel. I just can't see myself riding in 10c weather. Today was great at 5c but is was still running too hot for my liking.

I did have great ride today on the best trails in Muskoka that were all table top, so it was a great end to the season for me.

Denis, on the weather network it is saying 4 on Friday and 9 Saturday, big discrepancy with the forecast...

As of tonight they're saying 3 days of plus 6 & 7 degrees from Friday through Sunday. A fuel injected sled tolerates warm temps a lot better than Carb sleds do.

I haven't made any decision either way yet, waiting until mid week. I'll drive out to visit the hardy bunch of sledders that do come up if it's too warm to ride.!!!

We've just made the decision (3 of us) to risk it. A black Doo Renegade, a red GSX and a Polaris Assault of unknown colour. Hope to make Wawa Wednesday night, Hearst Thursday night and Timmins Friday night, then get off the trails before they completely meltdown or get overcrowded with weekend March Break traffic. Maybe we are crazy!?!? See some of you on the trail I hope.

As of tonight they're saying 3 days of plus 6 & 7 degrees from Friday through Sunday. A fuel injected sled tolerates warm temps a lot better than Carb sleds do.

carry pocket full of jets...tabernac

I'm going to have to cancel. I just can't see myself riding in 10c weather. Today was great at 5c but is was still running too hot for my liking.

I did have great ride today on the best trails in Muskoka that were all table top, so it was a great end to the season for me.

hot...like a cat on a tin roof

hot...like a cat on a tin roof

Pretty much lol. I had a good season I'm thankful for that, I told her I wasn't going and she said good. So it was probably in my best interest anyways.

Look for us around Kap.  Black / red Vector, Revrnd's Doo, and hopefully ApeXMan's Apex.

carry pocket full of jets...tabernac

.... don't think I don't have it in me .... done it before ....   :icon_naughty:

Look for us around Kap.  Black / red Vector, Revrnd's Doo, and hopefully ApeXMan's Apex.

Did he promise to let Shelley have a cat if he could come ?    :lmao:

Just rode to Mattice & back tonight after supper ... L155 going & "A" coming, plus a little loop by the airport. 115 km in a couple of hours, riding about 50-something km/h..........  

The 155 was incredible, maybe 4 or 5 sleds had passed on its entire length.  The "A" was a bit more rough, clearly lots of traffic, and it hadn't been groomed since before the weekend (we rode it Sunday as well).  Not brutal by any means, just bumpy in slower areas and near curves.  Almost a non-issue.  Come to think of it, I haven't seen the groomer drive by the shop since before the weekend.......

Did he promise to let Shelley have a cat if he could come ?     :lmao:

I promised her cookie dough and muffin mix...LOL

I promised her cookie dough and muffin mix...LOL

Tell her she needs to come collect that in person ... for added incentive, we have beer and a garage .... lol !

Man...tough decision.  +7 and +9 Friday Saturday.  Having trouble making this choice...

This is so tough I hear you! I think if your there on Thursday Friday we could get some good rides in.

This is so tough I hear you! I think if your there on Thursday Friday we could get some good rides in.

That is my thought as well.  As long as the base holds up, a warm ride on Friday and Saturday could be a nice way to end the season.  It is not like there will be a cooldown to save the base for.

Hopefully, this will be a good end to the season.

I just cancelled our reservation for the weekend.  :cry2:

My two cents worth.....the next 24 hours will be the "tell". Rain and plus 10 by morning. Not good. While we have a good base, it's not that thick. Don't expect much (if any) grooming to be happening this week. Snirty corners. Asphalt galore. Secondary trails are definitely going to be your best bet.

Not my kind of riding, but not hard core like you guys.

Well, the secondary trails are the reason that I like Kap.  The L trails in the area are great.  Thanks for the local insight.

Archived