Trails Opening-Interactive guide

rockerdan

Yup couldn't agree more! Im thinking on stopping into OFSC after work and asking them for couple trespass charge notice forms. Would like to see the look on their face when I ask for them lol.

Yes I know they can't stop us from laying the trespass notice/charges. Which is why I am making it a point of taking a couple books of notices from them an voicing again the need and importance of enforcement and NOT just the walmart greeter!

There's a new re worked Trespass Notice forum that has replaced the ticket books and it's on the OFSC resources site to download. It greater protects the Volunteer, Land owner, OFSC, Dist, Association and Clubs from being sued as it's not as subject to being incorrectly filled out as the old ones were. 

MTO wants strictly online sales due to accountability. The Permit is a MTO document. Too much cash going through volunteer hands. Frankly I welcome the online only next year.. Relieves alot of volunteer time and vendor duties.

It's not just about cash accountability, of greater importance is making sure the accountability of the info on the permit application is taken away from vendors and volunteers. Online only puts all the onus on the purchaser. 

No good comes from volunteers and/or volunteer vendors being dragged into court because some lawyer is using the defense that his client didn't correctly fill out the permit app, and didn't legally accept the risk assumption that comes with purchasing a permit, and was still given a permit. In many cases over the years permits were purchased as gifts or just by others out of convenience and not filled out by the owner of the machine it was going on, some cases it was filled out by the vendor/volunteer for the purchaser, and has led to legal issues for the OFSC, Districts, Associations, Clubs, Vounteers, Vendors and anyone else they can name to try and squeeze some cash out of. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sucks, but as the world around us evolves legally we have to stay in step to protect our volunteers, land owners and our organizations assets. The OFSC has been pressuring the province change legislation as Quebec has to further protect for as long as I can remember. However with lawyers running the show in this province it's a long up hill battle. 

It looks like the road follows down and around to trail....red star is the farm, i put a blue line on rd, anyone know if this rd is rideable down around to trail?   I would guess not.   Darn this is gonna suck.

I'm going to their meeting tonight, will give an update tomorrow on what I can find out.

It looks like the road follows down and around to trail....red star is the farm, i put a blue line on rd, anyone know if this rd is rideable down around to trail?   I would guess not.   Darn this is gonna suck.

Pretty sure the road once it gets to the farmhouse then becomes his property. Hence the problem.

As i understant it he is allowing the trail to the lake. But once beyond yhat its a no go.

Thanks Nunz...let us know what the club says.

I might take a drive over there on the weekend since it will be rainy/mild....see what i can see from the road.

This is such a blow to many of us over here, darn.

Dan

Just got in, the lake will be staked around that property and there will be access from the lane way, till then it will be running down the side to Etwell and down. Hopefully the town road plows leave a bit of snow on the shoulder.

Also worth mentioning is the 84 and 86 trails will likely be logging this year so u can pretty much scratch those trails off.

Sorry to be a Downer but it's all I know. Talked to Nate and Dan which are really good guys about the forum and am hoping they will sign up here and can share more information.

Just notice the B110 has gone red. May need to drive farther to break in the sled.

Just got in, the lake will be staked around that property and there will be access from the lane way, till then it will be running down the side to Etwell and down. Hopefully the town road plows leave a bit of snow on the shoulder.

Also worth mentioning is the 84 and 86 trails will likely be logging this year so u can pretty much scratch those trails off.

Sorry to be a Downer but it's all I know. Talked to Nate and Dan which are really good guys about the forum and am hoping they will sign up here and can share more information.

Ahhh that's so shitty. An idea where on 83 closer to D trail to the north or south?

I hope they do I might be able to find some time one day when I'm up next week to help with some trail work.

Thanks, shoot a email and I'm sure Nate will get back to you.

info@duyawanna.com

Ahhh that's so shitty. An idea where on 83 closer to D trail to the north or south?

I hope they do I might be able to find some time one day when I'm up next week to help with some trail work.

Thanks, shoot a email and I'm sure Nate will get back to you.

info@duyawanna.com

Perfect, thanks Nunz.

Edit sorry I meant 86 not 83 for the closer.

Just saw this on the IG ... pretty sad, Ottawa getting trails open before us, way up on the 11 .... very sad .... 

post-22850-0-01279300-1452255708_thumb.jpg

Thanks Nunz!  Ok so it does sound better now, it sounds like what I was mentioning earlier, that little road/lane that crosses the track(Bethune rd. N) I thought used to go down to the lake, so it does sound like we will just run that down to lake and get on lake Vernon once lake is staked.  I hope so cause this will keep us being able to run to Vernon from Mary on 88/50.   I wonder why we have not just run that road down to lake all along?  Maybe just to save the rd running by using the farmers field, but that rd/ln is not far.  Likely only 200-300 meters to lake from tracks at aspdin.

Logging.....84 is that loop trail, not sure where abouts the logging would be there but I guess we will find out...I dont think this is a trail many use for main rides.  As for the 86 logging, now that might suck depending on where exactly they are plowing it down/logging.  86 is the one that gets you up to Buck lake from D or 83.   Hopefully this wont be too bad.  But any logging on a low snow season like this can be full on dirt.    All depends how this season shakes out, we know it will be SHORT no matter what.  

thanks for update on this!

Dan

Just check the OFSC interactive trail status and lots of trails are now closed! Only 590km opened.  Plus I wanted to let you know that due to the unseason temperatures and rain North Renfrew Snowmobile Association (Deep River area)  regret to announce that our trails have been listed as CLOSED.

Please share... Thanks UTS

I know a better way to get to etwell rather than running aspdin,

Sitting here in Deux Rivieres and everything is going to crap with the rain. Lots of snow gone already. Hope it stops soon. We rode to Mattawa and back yesterday with little problem but I bet you couldn't do it today. The trail off the A into town was poor with lots of downed trees we had to dodge. not the clubs fault by any means. The weather just hasn't allowed them to get out there to clear them. The cold should be arriving here some time tonight so everything will ice up solid. Its the ditch and creek crossings that will be washing out right now that are the big problems. We will need a good dump of snow on top of this mess to make things good again.

Stay tuned!!

It sure is frustrating for everyone. Do you need a chainsaw license (safety course) in order to help any club clear tree's, or can they sign a wavier instead?

187 km on the ITG tonight .... its gonna get worse before it gets better ....

Down to 52 km but finally there is an open trail in the north.  Should be more in the coming few days.  

That was scary, almost got to zero.  Back to 463km and climbing.......yeah.

Mattice Sno-Devils have a small section as Limited, Mattice to Reesor ... that the one you saw Matt ?

Just about starting from scratch here again....ugh.

Seems at least abit of the base survived here around my cottage.  Lake still wide open as wind has been up all night, but cold at least now.  Should start locking up my lake here soon!   

Looks like this band of lake effect will move northward to give some light accumulation, then a clipper comes thru tuesday, and more this week. Not seeing any major amounts in future tho......man this is really getting LATE!    I cannot recall EVER seeing waves on Mary Lake in mid JAN over all these many yrs being here.

Dan

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/snowmachine-snowmobile-woman-sudbury-police-1.3398397

Sudbury woman rides snowmachine into winter storm, rescued by police  

CBC News Posted: Jan 11, 2016 10:18 AM ET Last Updated: Jan 11, 2016 10:18 AM ET

snowmobile-tracks.jpg

Greater Sudbury police are reminding people that "many hidden dangers lie just below the newly fallen snow." (istock)

Sudbury police had to rescue a woman who ventured out on her snowmobile by herself in yesterday's blizzard-like conditions. 

Just before 6 p.m., the woman called police on her cell phone when her machine broke through the ice over a swamp near Garson Lake.

Officers on snowmobiles tracked her cell signal, and found her about 6 km from the nearest road.

The woman and her son — who came out to help her — were both treated in hospital for cold weather exposure.

Police are reminding the public that despite the  wintery weather, snowmobile trails are closed, and many dangers are hidden beneath the freshly fallen snow.

IN OTHER NEWS:

Snowmobiler goes through thin ice on Sudbury's Whitewater Lake

Thin ice and dangerous conditions didn't deter this motorcyclist on Ramsey Lake in Sudbury

Don't you just love when the press reports a current story, then for sensationalism, adds on three additional links for incidents that occurred days, weeks, or almost a year ago!

Archived