SNOWMOBILE MAGAZINES

PISTON LAKE CRUISER

I have luckily (knock on wood) received both of my magazines this year. Over the last 6 years, I have received only one, at the most two magazines for the season and it would arrive at a random point in the season. I have always secretly blamed our mail carrier or that some neighbour gets to read my other magazines each year.

I've thought about the letter carrier more than once.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

since we are talking about getting things... anyone have the OFSC Marks Work Warehouse discount card for this year or where to get it if still available

I have luckily (knock on wood) received both of my magazines this year. Over the last 6 years, I have received only one, at the most two magazines for the season and it would arrive at a random point in the season. I have always secretly blamed our mail carrier or that some neighbour gets to read my other magazines each year.

Welcome to the forum PortAvenger

Welcome to the forum PortAvenger

Thank you Re:Leaf. This is a great forum.

since we are talking about getting things... anyone have the OFSC Marks Work Warehouse discount card for this year or where to get it if still available

Good question!  I have not seen it either.

Nothing for me yet this year.  I will give them a call as well.

If we're migrating to online permit sales only ( a sad day - many retailers have supported us for years) the online trail permit should be sent with:

a) Permit

b ) Ontario Trail Atlas

c) Whatever other swag permit holders are offered (Mark's card, other offers - that will pay a portion of the mail-out costs)

d) Perhaps even the current issue of Supertrax or whatever snowmobile/powersports magazine is selected.

Rather than 2 mailings (Permit then Supertrax), it's 1. And this 1 mailing gets a lot of info. to the snowmobiler. 

Including the Ontario Atlas with Supertrax is a hit and miss proposition. There have been years when it didn't arrive.

The present system works on last year's permit holder getting this year's Ontario Atlas and magazine. Seems more efficient to have this year's permit holder get this year's offers, all in one package.

If we're migrating to online permit sales only ( a sad day - many retailers have supported us for years) the online trail permit should be sent with:

a) Permit

b ) Ontario Trail Atlas

c) Whatever other swag permit holders are offered (Mark's card, other offers - that will pay a portion of the mail-out costs)

d) Perhaps even the current issue of Supertrax or whatever snowmobile/powersports magazine is selected.

Rather than 2 mailings (Permit then Supertrax), it's 1. And this 1 mailing gets a lot of info. to the snowmobiler. 

Including the Ontario Atlas with Supertrax is a hit and miss proposition. There have been years when it didn't arrive.

The present system works on last year's permit holder getting this year's Ontario Atlas and magazine. Seems more efficient to have this year's permit holder get this year's offers, all in one package.

Agreed and well said!

Nope haven't seen it yet.. mind you I do have 2 issues of mags I have yet to open the plastic on.

I like those cards, we shop at Mark's alot. One of the few places that actually sells Canadian made clothing.

a) Permit

b ) Ontario Trail Atlas

Canuck... this just makes common sense... do you really think this will happen. We are talking about something that involves the MTO.

Agreed and well said!

X2

Canuck... this just makes common sense... do you really think this will happen. We are talking about something that involves the MTO.

Probably not.  As you pointed out, it involves common sense :wtf:

• 4 weeks later...

I got the Mark's card with my magazines that I received today.

Mine just arrived but it is only for uniform and custom embroidery and only 10%, not worth including in my opinion.

X3.

Brian, it also covers DH (Denver Hayes) and WR (Wind River) Shirts & Jeans.

I finally got my first sled mag of the year, the December issue of snow Goer. Still haven't received anything this year from checking off the box every year on my permit applications. Wondering if using the on line system last year and this year has anything to do with it.

I finally got my first sled mag of the year, the December issue of snow Goer. Still haven't received anything this year from checking off the box every year on my permit applications. Wondering if using the on line system last year and this year has anything to do with it.

Or whoever delivers your mail is a sledder

Just thumbing through the latest Go Snowmobiling Magazine and on the bottom of Page 12 are at least a couple of OC'ers in the picture.  The NUNZ on the windshield caught my attention and looking closer I see Mrs Nunz and Viper.  I don't recognize the others, but maybe someone can fill in the blanks.

Just thumbing through the latest Go Snowmobiling Magazine and on the bottom of Page 12 are at least a couple of OC'ers in the picture.  The NUNZ on the windshield caught my attention and looking closer I see Mrs Nunz and Viper.  I don't recognize the others, but maybe someone can fill in the blanks.

X2. Seen the Nunz's in the mag also!..

Wow! Looking at it right now. Neat thing I see is that they are on Kahshe Lake right in front of my sister's place. Just to the right of Karen's head is the bunkie.  Cool!

Mailman came today and delivered bills but no magazines.

No mags in the mail today, I will be signing copies at select OC rides this winter....hahahahahahahahahah

No mags in the mail today, I will be signing copies at select OC rides this winter....hahahahahahahahahah

Only picture with you worth anything would be the one with the Amzoil girls.... no offence... but they make the difference :D

Mailman came today and delivered bills but no magazines.

X2, I called in Dec, and was put on the list :furious3:

Archived